290 replies to this topic

#1 MCRLOCKNLOAD

MCRLOCKNLOAD

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

Ok, so after I had written the one about referrals, I've been wandering around the forum and I saw tons of separate posts about gems and treasure map fragments.  So here I will do my best to explain all known information about these items.

Mabutu's Treasure Hut

"Welcome to Mabutu's trading hut.  Mabutu sell ticket for treasure hunt on forums.  Mabutu also sell peice of treasure map.  Buy all the peices and go on treasure hunt to find lost statue of Mambiko tribe.  Mabutu pay $100 for statue."

Treasure Map Fragment - 10 gold coins
Item description:  "Get all 4 pieces of the map in order to go on the $100 treasure hunt!"

Once you get all 4 of the pieces of the treasure map, you will be allowed to go on a special treasure hunt.  If you find the statue, Mabutu will pay you $100!   When you buy pieces of the map, they will appear on your "My Treasure" page on the Treasure Trooper site.  When you have all four, a link to the big Treasure Hunt will be activated, and you can start your journey toward the $100 prize!

Ruby - 15 gold coins
Item description:  "Just a ruby.... Or is it?"

No one yet knows the secrets behind all the hidden gems in Treasure Trooper.  But it has been hinted that it is worth the value of the 15 gold coins it takes to buy it.  So buy it and add it to your gem collection.

Pearl Friendship Bracelet - 8 pearls
Item description:  "The next 2 unreferred members to sign up will automatically become your referrals!"

Exactly what it says.  When you spend 8 pearls on this, you will get the next two members that sign up for Treasure Trooper that haven't been referred by someone else.  A very valuable item for picking up some extra money.

Platinum Coins
Platinum coins are earned in the Cash Offers section. Instead of a cash payment, you can earn Platinum Coins. Save the coins and purchase items in Mabutu's Hut such as a $20 Amazon.com Gift Certificate, $50 Visa Gift Card, iPod Nano or XBox360.

Mabutu's Secret - 15 gold coins
Item description:  "Mabutu has an important secret to tell..."

I'd tell you more but then it wouldn't be a secret, would it?  :ph34r:

Mousepad - 25 gold coins
Item description:  "A beautiful mousepad with rich colors."

From talks on the forum, the mousepad is a great one.  You can either pay 20 gold coins for it at Mabutu's trading hut or buy it for $3 on Treasure Trooper's online store.

Bumper Stickers - 20 gold coins
Item description: "A Bumper Sticker that's perfect for showing your TreasureTrooper pride!"

As announced in the sticky in the contest forum, or also in the Treasure Hut, this item can give you a chance to get $500 if you are spotted using these bumperstickers!

Trooper's Journal Page - 10 gold coins
Item description: Collect pieces of the journal for hints and tips leading to greater treasures.

Purchase all 6 parts of the Troopers Journal and learn some VERY valuable information. It might just come in handy....

Gems

There are 6 gems so far found in the game:  Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst, Diamond and Topaz.  Not much is known about what the gems actually do, but here is what we can reveal:

Posted Image  The Sapphire is the gem you get for completing enough cash value in offers.  Start on those offers, guys.
Posted Image  The Diamond is one of the most sought after gem in all of Treasure Trooper. It appears when you successfully complete a specific offer; this varies from person to person, so it's up to you to find your own lucky one!
Posted Image  The Emerald is the referral gem, so get on those referrals.
Posted Image  The Amethyst is earned as you use the Cash Shopping section and make a certain amount.
Posted Image  The Ruby is found in Mabutu's trading hut.  It costs 15 gold coins and is said to be worth it.
Posted Image  The Topaz is the newest added gem, and it's related to the Cash Surveys section (DS #1's).

All of the gems are very mysterious but well worth the seeking.  Please note that any additional information revealed to you must remain secret!

#2 scanc2211

scanc2211

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:10 PM

:D what a great guide!!! thanks!

#3 Clara

Clara

Metal Detector

• Characters
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Not bad I guess........I can do way better than that though. <_<
Posted Image

#4 Bustacap231

Bustacap231

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

Nice guide

#5 scanc2211

scanc2211

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

haha alright clara, lets see it. got any secrets from TT you wanna let us know? ;)

#6 MCRLOCKNLOAD

MCRLOCKNLOAD

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:49 PM

Haha, I finally got the separate picture of the Ruby instead of the treasure hut picture.

#7 k4rl_k

k4rl_k

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:20 AM

Its not the entertainment book. I ordered one and didnt receive an Diamond. My offer cleared.

Edited by k4rl_k, 14 January 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#8 MCRLOCKNLOAD

MCRLOCKNLOAD

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:28 AM

Did the offer clear yet though?

#9 Noor

Noor

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:10 AM

I think he doesn't want to tell you.
Posted ImageStart writing in color like me. Click Here!
Posted ImageNew on my profile, Treasure's bird watching tips! and him pretending to be a trooper Don't miss out, read them today!

#10 DJBetaIce

DJBetaIce

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:40 AM

lol not bad, I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users