48 replies to this topic

#1 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

Ok gang, the recent flooding of MapleStory members to this forum has given me an idea!  There are lots of online games out there with sizable communities.  Many of them have in-game currencies, weapons, items, and even accounts that people sell on ebay.  A lot of them are "losers" with no jobs who sit around on the cpu all day and can't afford to pay for these kinds of items.  Anybody see where I'm going with this?

Here's your "assignment."  Write an in depth report for one of these games in which you describe where to go to buy items, and how to make the money to buy them (this is where treasuretrooper comes in).  Don't make it sound like too much of an ad, because people are gonna run off.  Make it personal and just casually mention that you can make some good money on TreasureTrooper (since they're online already) and use it to buy their roleplaying items.

Next step, find a place where these communities gather, and share your report.  Be sure to honor individual forum rules and don't post your links where they aren't allowed.

Here are some examples of these kinds of games:  (be sure to add your own)

Everquest
Star Wars Galaxies
World of Warcraft
City of Heroes
Asheron's Call
Guild Wars

And the list goes on.  Good luck, Troopers.  Go get those referrals!

#2 realgeneric

realgeneric

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:52 PM

Sleepywood.net (the Maple Story forum) has already implimented stringent anti-referral-link-laws, after people started getting out of hand, spamming their links everywhere.

At least I did it in a subtle, orderly fashion. Got 50-ish referrals before the No-Referral-Links-Allowed announcement was created.
Posted Image

#3 Momo28

Momo28

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

Treasure, on Mar 30 2006, 04:24 PM, said:

A lot of them are "losers" with no jobs who sit around on the cpu all day and can't afford to pay for these kinds of items.
  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Kaabi_*

Guest_Kaabi_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

realgeneric, on Mar 30 2006, 09:52 PM, said:

Sleepywood.net (the Maple Story forum) has already implimented stringent anti-referral-link-laws, after people started getting out of hand, spamming their links everywhere.

At least I did it in a subtle, orderly fashion. Got 50-ish referrals before the No-Referral-Links-Allowed announcement was created.
Lucky man, lucky man.  I suppose I'll use this tip, it is quite good.  That was hilarious Treasure, "losers", that made me laugh.

#5 immortal

immortal

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:18 PM

Just so you know, some of the bigger MMOs aren't the same as MapleStory and Gunbound. In other words, a good portion of the population of the more famous MMOs are against the purchase/sale of in-game currency, as opposed to the games where it goes on every day and people seem to actively encourage it.

For example, Gunbound even has a cash purchase section where some items can only be obtained through purchase with real money.

I can't speak for the other ones, but having played EQ for a good 4-5 years and WoW for 1-2 years I've seen how the community reacts on average to something like this.

I would not suggest EQ nor EQ2, you'll have better success with WoW considering that's where I found this site, but most of the "community websites" (ie. not the official forums) will consider this a scam (see kaabi's experience with that one site that kept telling him he was scamming people) and trust me, people aren't afraid to flame. And the official forums require you to have an account to post, anyway.

Stick to the MMO communities that either encourage sales/purchases of items for real cash or provide that kind of service themselves.

Just my .02c anyway.

#6 Puffinator

Puffinator

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

actually treasure i had quit getting referals from maple story for awhile because a lot of people would spam their referal link saying GET FREE NX CASH (which is a form of currency to buy stuff in the cash shop with Real money) so i took the liberty of making a post about these gpts worked quite well to lol :

Yes, i've read a lot of your negative comments towards these poor souls trying to make money. Yes I know first of all it's their own fault for not explaining it well enough to you. These sites such as Treasure Trooper are not pyramid schemes, or filled with viruses, these sites are refered to as GPTs(Get Paid To). What are they you may ask? We'll they are basic advertising companies, They are payed to advertise surveys and sweepstakes and such. Why? Because Survey info is important to big time companies, or even on the advertising part of things, Advertsing is used for attracting more customers. So it comes down to this, the big companies pay the GPTs to advertise, the GPTs offer us a little cut of what they get paid to do the offers, welcome to society, they put it out there get payed big bucks, we do the work get a little bit of money, but it's free so who's complaining? Also in the world of GPTs you do have your great websites that actually pay, and you have your websites that are stinkers, welcome to the internet. I can assure you Treasure Trooper is one of these great Gpts and is truely worth checking out. Check it out at www.treasuretrooper.com/16545 and for more info contact me at warrengeorge44@gmail.com or yahoo.ca and i'l be glad to help you out(Also for payment proof check out http://www.gptresour...showtopic=8813).
Also for you wondering why i'd take the time to do this, is because #1 I have to much time on my hands and #2 I'm sick of hearing you guys saying SCAM NOOB and HACKER, to these poor guys trying to make money...

It works wonders, and hasn't been flamed and i've gotten great feedback from it :D

Also if anyone makes a World of Warcraft one be sure to use this slogan, LEeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jenkins uses Treasure Trooper so why dont yoU! lol

Edited by Puffinator, 30 March 2006 - 05:35 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Omg eggz!

#7 realgeneric

realgeneric

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

So it was YOU who posted that thread! It got locked by JHunz a couple of days ago, and you have a pretty 33% warning sitting on that account lol.

I got warned too but I have connections with darkmagnolia, and 500+ post counts to back me up, so I'm cool.
Posted Image

#8 frlod

frlod

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:57 AM

Yeah, and also don't forget to get your account permanently banned in a game you pay for! :-)

#9 Puffinator

Puffinator

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

lol i dont care about sleepywood lol real they are the worst informational Maple story forum out their, also frod it's a forum he's talking about not the game :P so i wouldnt get banned from the game :rolleyes:  but yeah i posted it because i saw the trouble you guys were having with the TT links so i made a post to clarify it all up, but your icky GM like went pyscho <_< though i don't care if he cleared the link that was an extra for me i only posted for informational purposes. <_<
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Omg eggz!

#10 Bigman3516

Bigman3516

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:51 PM

lol. i got about 10 referal links via Runescape. another big online game
kdog3516@yahoo.com is my TT account name
kdog3516@yahoo.com is my PayPal