43 replies to this topic

#1 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

I don't remember seeing a guide for how to post a picture of your payment, so here it is!

First of all, you will need to scan or take a digital photo of your check, and crop it so it shows mostly just the check itself.  Once you have the image, you'll need to use Paint or photo editing software to smudge out identifying information such as your last name, address, and the bank codes at the bottom.

Note: The hosting information below also applies to posting screenshots.  Press Alt+PrintScreen, then open Paint and press Ctrl+V. Your screenshot image should be there. Simply name and save the image, and then you'll be able to upload it to a hosting site.

Now, for how to upload it. It's pretty simple. There are a variety of free hosting sites. This is just one example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Tinypic.com>
Browse the image, size it for message boards, upload it, and copy and paste the IMG code designated for forums and message boards.

Also, feel free to correct me if I messed up somewhere, which is quite possible  Posted Image

Cheers for all and start showing us your earnings!

Nantenchild

#2 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

Excellent!  Thank you.  :::Pinning:::
Posted Image

#3 Airjoe

Airjoe

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

Just so everyone knows, you don't -have- to register at imageshack.us, you can simply upload and they throw you a URL! :D

#4 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:01 PM

Thanks TreasureTreasurer!  :D

@ AirJoe, Are the images hosted for a limited time or not?
(also, I noticed some of the images resized, I will fix that when I get home.)

Nantenchild

#5 hankster

hankster

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

Imageshack is a good site for image uploading. I personally use that.

Hank

#6 BioX

BioX

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:48 PM

View PostAirjoe, on Apr 12 2006, 02:07 PM, said:

Just so everyone knows, you don't -have- to register at imageshack.us, you can simply upload and they throw you a URL! :D

But if u want to keep that image for future referances then yes, u can register an accaunt.

Anyway, GJ child  ;)

#7 ot43ot

ot43ot

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:51 PM

I just use www.exoload.com its really easy and simple to do all you do is copy and paste the part that says bb code to show image on forums and yoour donw :)  :D
Posted Image

#8 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:04 AM

@ ot43ot,
Thanks for the website. Sounds pretty easy!  :D

@ BioX,
Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Nantenchild

#9 OG Maverick

OG Maverick

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:28 PM

Some sites tend to re-size large photos, such as a screen shot of a 19" monitor.  If you have your own hosting, this can be fixed very easily, this can also be used to upload any type of file you would like.

It's not as spelled out and simple as most image hosting services, but you can get the hang of it, and it's worth it when uploading large pics/files/videos.

Get some server space/ webhosting.  If you don't have the money, heres an example with a site that has free hosting, unlimited space (Based on HDD space left)

1. Go to www.dajoob.com, make an account(Takes 30 secs literally)
This sites provides you with free server space, for some reason.

2. They will give you a log-in name and password ex:Treasure@dajoob.com  Pw=ImRich

3. To log in and start your hosting, you can bring up Internet Explorer, and type in ftp.dajoob.com , then go to File, Log in As, Fill in your info.

4. It will be a blank IE window.  You can now drag whatever it is that you wanted hosted, into it, and it will start uploading.

5.  The link to what you just uploaded will be: www.treasure.dajoob.com/FileNameHere.exe/rar/mp3/etc...

6.  That is how you host on a FTP client without having resized/shortened files

I did create that account, if you want to test it out before having your own page.

Edited by OG Maverick, 15 April 2006 - 09:31 PM.

#10 Paul

Paul

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

Photobucket is my personal favorite you dont have to go hunting down your codes/rehost images all of them are there in Photobucket real easy to access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users