we're sorry! this offer is not available in your area.(yeah right)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 spasticfleisch

spasticfleisch

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

No, it will not get approved because the offer is tracked through cookies from TT.
Please re-read hockey's post. Your answer is in there, and if you don't get it, look again and again till you do.

#12 DaEvilAvocado

DaEvilAvocado

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

i demand an explaination or a correction of this!!! :o  :blink:

#13 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

Of what?
Of why the offer is not available in your area? Call ancestry.com themselves. The offer is working properly, but it might be its not available for you.

Nantenchild

#14 DaEvilAvocado

DaEvilAvocado

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

View PostNantenchild, on Jun 8 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

Advertisers can change the areas they want the offers to apply to whenever they practically feel like it... I am not sure whatever happened with that ancestry.com..
Ok, I just tried it. I put my information, guessed on a city (put Porto, not sure if it even exists) and tried putting a fake state, and it didn't let me, so it brought me a drop down menu for Canada provinces, so it seems to work for Canada. I also found Norway in the list, so I don't see why it should be a problem for you.

Nantenchild

Why would they change the areas where the offers apply when its all online???? :blink:

#15 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

It may have to do with Ancestry.com's marketing strategy. (And I'm just speculating here.  This is all hypothetical.)  Let's say that they make their service available all over the world, but they'd really like, for whatever reason, to get quite a few more U.S. subscribers.  So they contract with TT to get American leads only, which is their (Ancestry's) right since they're paying for the "recruiting" service.  I don't know if that's the case, but it's a possible scenario that could explain the problem....   :unsure:

#16 DaEvilAvocado

DaEvilAvocado

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:47 AM

I have sendt an email to ancestry.com and treasuretrooper asking about this :)  
we will soon have an answer! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users