17 replies to this topic

#1 happymedium123

happymedium123

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:40 AM

A lot of people have been asking questions about the free ($.50-$.75) offers. So I've come up with a little guide using info from other posts and my own ideas.

Earning Potential

For those of you with no credit cards, you can still make a lot of money just doing the free offers. Right now there are over 150 free offers, and more are added regularly. So far I have made $30 doing free offers, and lots of people have made much more.

More info: http://forum.treasur...showtopic=14134

The Meaning of "With Intent to Participate"

Many people have asked how far into the survey they have to go for offers that say "enter email address with intent to participate." Usually these offers ask for 1) you email address or zip code, 2) your mailing address, 3) To answer some survey questions (mostly yes/no), and 4) for you to complete one or two other offers (most likely CC offers or paying offers). So how far do you have to go? I have gotten offers approved by just entering my email address. Other people like to go as far as entering their other personal information, just to make sure. It's recommendable to at least answer a couple of the survey yes/no questions. However, you do not have to go as far as step four to get the offer approved.

More info: http://forum.treasur...showtopic=17470

How Far You Have To Go:
http://forum.treasur...p...=20517&st=0

Spamming/Telemarketers

A common question about completing free offers is, "Will I get junk mail/phone calls if I give out my personal information?" The answer, in short, is yes. If you give out your email address, you will definitely get spam email- I get about 200 a day. But a good way to counteract that is to get an email address specifically for Treasure Trooper- that way, the spam won't get in the way of your other emails. As for giving out your mailing address, most people have found that they don't get too much junk mail, and nothing inappropriate. I think the average is one or two pieces a week. If you give out your phone number, you may get some phone calls. Members have recommended www.k7.net to solve that problem. So spam shouldn't really be an issue, as long as you take certain measures to avoid it.

More info: http://forum.treasur...p...056&hl=spam
http://forum.treasur...p...c=17755&hl=

Ok, the topic we've all been waiting for... (drum roll please  :P)

Approval Rates

Tons of people have been asking (and complaining) about the approval rates for free offers. So I'll give it to you straight: not all offers will approve the first (or second, or third) time you complete them. To "redo" an offer, you simply go to your Pending Offers, click on the link for the offer you have to redo, and fill in your information again. Most free offers will approve in 1-2 days (except for ones such as poetry.com, picture.com, ebay, and iWon) so if it hasn't approved in 3 days, it's safe to redo it. I was curious to see what the approval rate actually was for the free offers, so I made a little chart showing how many times I completed an offer before it was approved (I know, I'm a dork  :D ):

1. Free iPod- I
2. Free Smart Phone- I
3. Tik Tik Cash- I
4. Free Bowflex- I
5. Free Sony PSP- I
6. Free Olympus- I
7. Free Gift Card- I
8. Alienware Laptop- I
9. Nintendo DS- II
10. Vacuum- II
11. Mac Mini- III
12. Free Blue Tooth- III
13. Free Vacation- III
14. Circuit City- III
15. Texas Holdem- III
16. Free Lawn Mower- IIII
17. GPS- IIII
18. Free Razr- IIII
19. Ford/Chevy- IIII
20. Sephora- IIIII
21. Taylor Made- IIIII
22. Gym Pass- IIIII
23. Bose Sounddock- IIIII

I also have about 10 more free offers that still haven't approved, even after doing them 5 times. As you can see, not all of the offers approve the first time you do them. And approval rates are different for each person- one person could have an offer approve the first time they did it, while another person could have to complete the same offer five times to get it approved. I'm not sure if anyone knows exactly why this is, but there are some steps you can take to increase your approval rate:

1. Alternate between email addresses

If the offer requires an email address, having several different ones to give out greatly increases your chances of having the offer approve. Many people have at least three email addresses they alternate between.

2. Don't do too many free offers at once

Most people recommend doing about 5 offers a day to maximize your chances of getting approved. Otherwise, you'll find yourself having to redo a lot of offers.

3. Don't clear your cookies while completing an offer

"Cookies" are pieces of info that are put on your computer when you visit a site. If you clear these while doing an offer, the site has no way of knowing that you were there. Some people recommend clearing your cookies before and after doing an offer, but I haven't noticed an increased approval rate from doing that.

More info: http://forum.treasur...mp;#entry123002

The bottom line: be patient. Lots of offers will have to be redone, and persistence is definitely required, but hey... it's a small price to pay for FREE money, isn't it?

THE END!!!  :D  :P  :lol:  ;)  B)
You're the echoes of my everything,
You're the emptiness the whole world sings at night.
You're the laziness of afternoon,
You're the reason why I burst and why I bloom.
You're the leaky sink of sentiment,
You're the failed attempts I never could forget.
You're the metaphors I can't create to comprehend this curse that I call love.

Motion City Soundtrack- "Hold Me Down"

#2 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

:o
Nice little (big) guide! Deserving of sticky + a place in my signature!
I wonder if we could combine one or two or three of the stickies in this section.  :lol:
Well, until something gets figured out, stickied!

Nantenchild

#3 happymedium123

happymedium123

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:48 AM

Yay, I've been pinned! I feel so special.  :D

#4 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

All right, now to business!
Some things I wanted to suggest for it,

Many people have asked how far into the survey they have to go for offers that say "enter email address with intent to participate." Usually these offers ask for 1) you email address or zip code, 2) your mailing address, and 3) To answer some survey questions (mostly yes/no), and 4) for you to complete one or two other offers (most likely CC offers or paying offers). So how far do you have to go? I have gotten offers approved by just entering my email address. Other people like to go as far as entering their other personal information, just to make sure. It's recomendable to at least answer a couple of the survey yes/no questions. However, you do not have to go as far as step three four to get the offer approved.
This thread can be added to the following title about telemarketers and junk mail:
http://forum.treasur...topic=17755&hl=

Umm, lets see...
For the next section about approval rate, that might not be totally true. Some members can get almost 80-90% approval rate. I myself have maybe a 70%, with just like 30 currently pending.
Another thing thats not true is that, yeah, *some* offers will approve 1-3 days, but others will take longer.
-Keep in mind some offers are manuals and others are automatic, so they will take longer based on that. Offers like poetry.com, picture.com, ebay and iwon tend to take their time... long time.
-You really dont have to redo almost all offers.   :blink:  Maybe about 20% of them, or up to 40%  :lol:  No clue on exact percentages.
-It's not a matter whether you filled the survey correctly or not all the time. Some companies track you by IP, so they wont give you credit for other offers you did from the same company. Same goes for email addresses, name, addresses and what not, since what they are doing is collecting data. That said, its always good to do 5-10 offers a day, and maybe leaving a day in between. Try different things and see what works.  ;)
- (Take the spaces between the offers, makes the guide seem so much longer!  :ph34r:  )

And thats about it. ^_^

Nantenchild

#5 happymedium123

happymedium123

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

Anything else, Nantenchild? Tell me if I missed something.  :)

I know not everybody has trouble with getting free offers approved, but there have been a lot of problems with it- free offers are very fickle  :P . It's different for everybody, I guess. Hmmmm, maybe we should have a poll-  "what percentage of free offers get approved on your first try?"  :)

#6 Nantenchild

Nantenchild

TreasureTrooper!

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:18 PM

Sounds like a plan.  :)
I'll let you know when something else pops up.

Nantenchild

#7 togg719

togg719

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

<_<  psh I have that in my guide too and i didn't get in Nantenchild sig  <_<  <_<

#8 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:07 AM

Working on combining some of these stickies would be a good idea, Nanten (or whoever).
Posted Image

#9 petruccinator

petruccinator

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:27 AM

So its not necesesary to use the same email when completing offers and surveys as the same email registered with treasure trooper in order to have offers confirmed?

#10 Noor

Noor

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 05:37 AM

View Postpetruccinator, on Jul 2 2006, 08:27 PM, said:

So its not necesesary to use the same email when completing offers and surveys as the same email registered with treasure trooper in order to have offers confirmed?
That is correct, you can use any e-mail just as long as its your own.
Start writing in color like me. Click Here!
New on my profile, Treasure's bird watching tips! and him pretending to be a trooper Don't miss out, read them today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users