59 replies to this topic

#1 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:53 AM

Why am I happy?  Because you see, it's better than being 50,000 dollars in debt!
I just went though all of my finances, and so far, I've been able to reduce my debt to 45,078.96, so I just surpassed my 50,000 dollar mark that I had, and reduced it over a couple thousand dollars!  YAY!

Even though my website hasn't really raised any money and I've removed it, I've been following my practices, keeping a tight budget, and it's been paying off!  I know it sounds a tad stupid to celebrate it, but I'm feeling good, and I just had to share the news.  And I know that this isn't a topic that may be too popular, but I had to post this so all my friends here could see it.  And I'm not asking for donations.  I'm just saying if you want to help out, ok, but if not, no problem.

The main thing though is that I wanted to share my sucess with you guys that if I can do it, anyone can.  Thanks!

YAY!  :D

AGN Joe

Edited by AGNJoe, 28 November 2006 - 05:22 PM.

I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick @$$...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

-movie quote from "Rowdy" Roddie Piper in They Live.

Posted Image

#2 DJBetaIce

DJBetaIce

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:10 AM

When u get that far in Debt, its usaually a big problem.  But good luck Joe

#3 Cheesecycle

Cheesecycle

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

How did you manage to accumulate $50,000 in debt?

#4 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 09:31 AM

Lol, I feel his pain ;) I have about $30k in CC debt- medical bills, car repair bills, etc... due to a car accident with someone who had no insurance.
AND I am working on my MBA, so I have about $18k in debt from Pepperdine for my bachelors, and about $20k from my current university where I am getting my MBA.

It is a lot easier to rack up $50k in debt, than you'd think! :)
Posted Image

#5 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

View PostCheesecycle, on Jul 3 2006, 10:15 AM, said:

How did you manage to accumulate $50,000 in debt?

About 4 years ago, my wife gave birth to our first child Rachel, and she was a premie.  She was in danger of not surviving because she was born several weeks early and was 4 pounds 11 ounces, and at one point she was down to 4, pounds 1 ounce, because she was not getting the idea of how to eat.  So we racked up a ton of bills.  Add to that a money pit of a house we had bought roughly at the same time, and we ended up loosing a ton of money.  I lost almost everything because of the 2000 dot com crash in the stock market, and we were a young, stupid couple who didn't know anything about the government programs to help us save our house from foreclosure.  We had to sell our house to pay the bills and we just fell into a huge debt.  At one point our debt was well over 80,000 dollars, but because we were lucky to sell the house and turn a profit, we were able to clean most of the important debt we owed, and as of right now, we still owe about 49 grand as of now.

And as Krazigirl said, you'd be surprised how EASY it is to fall into debt if you are not careful.  It's just that sometimes bad things happen to good people, and if you're not careful to build a nest egg and save for potential troubles, you can fall into a lot of debt quickly.

AGN Joe

Posted Image

#6 neoking77

neoking77

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

wow, very sorry to hear that. glad to hear you are on your feet and killing off that debt. hope your daughter is well too.
Posted Image

#7 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:59 AM

View Postneoking77, on Jul 3 2006, 11:46 AM, said:

wow, very sorry to hear that. glad to hear you are on your feet and killing off that debt. hope your daughter is well too.

Thanks neoking!  Yeah, our daughter is great, and after she got out of the hospital, she's had no further problems since so we've been at least blessed with that!  Unfortunately the only problem she has is though she's 4 years old, she's still stuck in the Terrible 2's and 3's stage and is becoming very annoying.  She's mommy and daddy's little princess and we're trying to break her of being spoiled so she doesn't grow up that way.  It's been very hard...  :/

AGN Joe

Posted Image

#8 Theater Of Dreams

Theater Of Dreams

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

That is pretty rough. Good luck to you guys in the future, bring the 49k down to 0 please :)
Posted Image

#9 Jay42

Jay42

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

Sorry to hear about that...But im sure it was worth it in the end to have a healthy baby...

Good luck on getting outta debt...Best of luck to ya

Jay42

#10 Orracle

Orracle

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:55 PM

Congrats and good luck in getting rid of the debt. Slowly but surely! :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users