59 replies to this topic

#31 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

Thank you very much Sallen!  I determined to do it no matter what.

AGN Joe
I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick @$$...and I'm all out of bubblegum.

-movie quote from "Rowdy" Roddie Piper in They Live.

Posted Image

#32 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

New update!  $47248.90 to go!  YAY!

AGN Joe

Posted Image

#33 dantheman777

dantheman777

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

ouch.

i'm working on my debt too:

car loan: 11,000
house: 134,000
credit cards: 9,000

just payed off my studen loans though, were originally 11,000, they were jacking up my interest rate, so I payed them off first, now turning attention to credit cards.

#34 EyEQ

EyEQ

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

I am trying to do the same at the moment. I wish my debt was only $50,000 but it's quiet more. And I don't even own a home just yet. But hubby and are are working on it as we can. Mine is mainly medical and stupidity not CC debt.
Posted Image

#35 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:10 PM

Well, since we're keeping tabs ;)
About 35k in CC debt, and about 50k in Student Loan Debt between hubby and me :)  
Workin' on it slowly but surely- CC debt sure racks up when you get in a car accident- well, 5 in my case :)
Posted Image

#36 Kaabi

Kaabi

SuperTrooper

• Banned Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

Am I allowed to pay people using just checks and cash?  I don't want to use my CC that often, and I won't buy much.  I need a good job.

#37 ozzyzak

ozzyzak

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

I owe close to 25,000 myself....all student loans.  I'll probably be paying them off until 2020 or so =/

#38 hockeyman1

hockeyman1

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:54 PM

View PostKaabi, on Sep 28 2006, 04:44 PM, said:

Am I allowed to pay people using just checks and cash?  I don't want to use my CC that often, and I won't buy much.  I need a good job.
You can for the most part, but that will get tricky when you want to buy something big, like a house or a car. Most people can't walk up to a car dealer and hand them $20,000 in cash, or afford to lose all that money at once. Also, if you are going to go to college you probably will have to take out student loans, unless you have lots of money. It is also smart to at least get a credit card, even if you dont use it that much, because you will have a much harder time getting good interest on a loan or approved at all, if they have no idea how you will handle paying off loans; and they know how well you do that by looking at your credit score.
The Official Treasure Quote-Of-The-Day
-----------------------------------------------------
<Treasure> If my son ever started hitting me with a pipe when I was trying to beat my wife...
<Treasure> I'd probably lose it.

#39 Cheesecycle

Cheesecycle

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:12 PM

There are lots of ways to get money for school other than student loans and government grants.  Fastweb is one of many places where you can search for all kinds of different scholarships for a wide variety of majors given away by all kinds of organizations. :)

#40 AGNJoe

AGNJoe

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

View PostCheesecycle, on Sep 28 2006, 04:12 PM, said:

There are lots of ways to get money for school other than student loans and government grants.  Fastweb is one of many places where you can search for all kinds of different scholarships for a wide variety of majors given away by all kinds of organizations. :)

So true.  Also search your local, state, and government websites in order to find available grants to help pay your way in school if you can.  Also If I recall, I think there is a national website now in order to find just such grants for all of that.  If I can find it, I'll post it on my website for info for you guys.

AGN Joe

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users