110 replies to this topic

#1 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3388 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:58 AM

Well, there are still several days left to get your referral count up for the July Referral Contest.  Here's an idea for you...  A lot of you know what the #3 site is on the Internet right now.  Myspace!  And Myspace has the perfect demographics for TT.  So how can you take advantage of that?  Well, most of you probably have a myspace account.  Send a bulletin out to all of your friends telling them about TreasureTrooper.

"Hey guys, I usually don't do stuff like this, but you gotta check out this site that I have been using for a couple months.  It's called TreasureTrooper.com.  They pay you to fill out simple offers, take surveys, signup to receive trial products, etc.  It's provided some nice extra spending cash for me, but it is also a lot of fun... it's pretty unique how they have it set up.  There's a lot of interaction with the admin & other members and there's also little games & treasure hunts that you can do.  They also pay you 20% of whatever your referrals make and 5% of what your 2nd-level referrals make.  Yup, that's why I'm telling you guys!  :P  Honestly, though... it's a cool site.  So far, I've made (and received) $60 from them.  Check it out.  www.treasuretrooper.com/123456"

Just an example.  Obviously you can write your own with your respective information.  If you do not have a myspace account or don't have that many friends on your account, go bribe one of your friends that has 100-200 people on their account.  Tell em you'll give them a dollar or two if they will let you post a bulletin to all of their friends.  :)

Good luck!  Post your success here.  Will be interesting to see.
Posted Image

#2 Kaabi

Kaabi

SuperTrooper

• Banned Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1189 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:05 AM

Good idea!  I've thought about this, but, for some reason, haven't done it.  Also, what I was gonna do was create another myspace account and go around and invite like 1,000 to be my friend (a lot of people out there will approve anyone who wants to be their friend  :) ).  Then, when I have 300, 400, 500 friends, I'd post a bulletin to all of them with my referral link.  It's not spam... they agreed to be my friend.  :)  Man, I'm a genius.  Why am I sharing my genius?  Get out of my head!

#3 Loki

Loki

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

I started doing that, but got bored at about 100 friends, so now I just send weekly bulletins lol

The Race Is Not Always To The Swift, Nor The Battle To The Strong (but that's the way to bet)
Posted Image

#4 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:17 AM

MySpace's terms can be found here: http://collect.myspa.../terms.html?z=1

Since TT isn't selling anything, I don't think such a message could be considered a solicitation, but there are specific restrictions on placing referral links, URLs, etc., any of which may not apply to sending a communication to your "friends" list. Please, though, just read the terms, on this or any site, first....

#5 windxwalker

windxwalker

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:18 AM

Lol nice. Im gonna use that, too lazy to make my own. Im just sending 10 messages to random people each day.

Posted Image

#6 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:25 AM

View PostKaabi, on Jul 20 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

Then, when I have 300, 400, 500 friends, I'd post a bulletin to all of them with my referral link.  It's not spam... they agreed to be my friend.  :)
Here's what the terms say, though. What constitutes "explicit consent"?

It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the MySpace Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.

I don't want anybody to get me wrong. I'm not saying, "Don't do it." I am, however, advising that you read the terms first, and recognize that, if somebody objects and reports you for spamming, and MySpace agrees, there could be consequences beyond "just" losing your account (which would be dire punishment in and of itself for many users). Read the terms, please.

(I'm just being a mom, OK? "Be careful." :P)

#7 windxwalker

windxwalker

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:29 AM

View Postempressmom, on Jul 20 2006, 10:25 AM, said:

View PostKaabi, on Jul 20 2006, 11:05 AM, said:

Then, when I have 300, 400, 500 friends, I'd post a bulletin to all of them with my referral link.  It's not spam... they agreed to be my friend.  :)
Here's what the terms say, though. What constitutes "explicit consent"?

It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the MySpace Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.

I don't want anybody to get me wrong. I'm not saying, "Don't do it." I am, however, advising that you read the terms first, and recognize that, if somebody objects and reports you for spamming, and MySpace agrees, there could be consequences beyond "just" losing your account (which would be dire punishment in and of itself for many users). Read the terms, please.

(I'm just being a mom, OK? "Be careful." :P)

What consequences beyond losing your account? They're gonna spam your email?

Posted Image

#8 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:36 AM

View Postwindxwalker, on Jul 20 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

What consequences beyond losing your account? They're gonna spam your email?
Just read the terms, especially the "Content/Activity Prohibited" part. (All of it.)

#9 Paradox924X

Paradox924X

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:52 AM

Wow. If you send some spam that they didn't ask for via MySpace, you have to pay $50 per send. :o
Now that's some real cash you'll be dishing out if you spam 300, 400, or 500 people!

#10 windxwalker

windxwalker

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

How are they gonna find you if you do spam?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users