Jump to content


Treasurer's Referral Tip


  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#11 empressmom

empressmom

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

View Postwindxwalker, on Jul 20 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

How are they gonna find you if you do spam?
#1: They monitor the number of messages you send out. #2: Somebody could report you, and then they'd check it more thoroughly.

#12 mathew

mathew

    Grave Robber

  • Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:08 AM

Just asking, how many referrals would  #1 spot roughly have in this contest, I know I have no chance as I only joined a few days ago but what would an ideal amount be for #1 spot?  And is there one of these contests every month?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 empressmom

empressmom

    TreasureTrooper!

  • Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9770 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:17 AM

View Postmathew, on Jul 20 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

Just asking, how many referrals would  #1 spot roughly have in this contest, I know I have no chance as I only joined a few days ago but what would an ideal amount be for #1 spot?  And is there one of these contests every month?
See this thread for members' progress reports: http://forum.treasur...topic=18590&hl=

There isn't a referral contest every month, but various other contests, some longer-term like this one and others right at the moment (for example, http://forum.treasur...showtopic=17108 ), pop up here and there. :)

#14 windxwalker

windxwalker

    Metal Detector

  • Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

View Postempressmom, on Jul 20 2006, 11:04 AM, said:

View Postwindxwalker, on Jul 20 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

How are they gonna find you if you do spam?
#1: They monitor the number of messages you send out. #2: Somebody could report you, and then they'd check it more thoroughly.

I mean how are they gonna know where to send the bill?

Posted Image


#15 Treasurer

Treasurer

    COO

  • Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3388 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

Most likely, it's just an empty threat that websites put up to lessen the spam.  However, you won't have to worry about anything if you just stick to your friends.  There's nothing wrong with telling your pals about a website that you found.
Posted Image

#16 thetruedarkone

thetruedarkone

    Metal Detector

  • Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

View PostTreasureTreasurer, on Jul 20 2006, 11:56 AM, said:

Most likely, it's just an empty threat that websites put up to lessen the spam.  However, you won't have to worry about anything if you just stick to your friends.  There's nothing wrong with telling your pals about a website that you found.


IP SUBPOENA *but they wont waste their time for small cases*


and yes, i agree

Stick to your friends, so if you do get reported you know who's house to Tee-Pee ;)

#17 Exon

Exon

    Grave Robber

  • Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

View Postwindxwalker, on Jul 20 2006, 11:41 AM, said:

View Postempressmom, on Jul 20 2006, 11:04 AM, said:

View Postwindxwalker, on Jul 20 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

How are they gonna find you if you do spam?
#1: They monitor the number of messages you send out. #2: Somebody could report you, and then they'd check it more thoroughly.

I mean how are they gonna know where to send the bill?


Wind, all they'd really have to do is take the recorded IP(s) you used, call your ISP, say, "On this date/time what customer had this IP address?" Then they'd send the bill accordingly.

You're not invisible on the 'net.

#18 OG Maverick

OG Maverick

    SuperTrooper

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

The people who would read your bulletins, are those who actually know you in  one way or another.  If they read it, and find it boring or un-necessary, they will simply leave it.  Now, if you go onto everyone of your 'friends' pages and post it, they might start to report you, due to the fact not many people only have their friends as their friends.  Also, don't go into the Myspace forums and talk about it.  

In other words, if you have ever posted your link on YouKnowWhere, you want to stay away from myspace or you will probably get reported since you appearantly don't know the limitations. :rolleyes:



#19 aletheides

aletheides

    Beginner

  • Regular Trooper
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

I actually get referrals on several different social networking websites for a couple reasons: 1. It's free. 2. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.  I wrote an article about it titled "Marketing with Social Networking Websites" www.referrals101.tk

#20 redsoxnation26

redsoxnation26

    Beginner

  • New Trooper
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

View Postaletheides, on Jul 22 2006, 03:20 PM, said:

I actually get referrals on several different social networking websites for a couple reasons: 1. It's free. 2. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.  I wrote an article about it titled "Marketing with Social Networking Websites" www.referrals101.tk

Thanks for the article.  It was very helpful. :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users