53 replies to this topic

#1 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

Ok, just curious, how many people here have been burglarized?

This is WAY off topic for TT, but I'm really upset right now :(

I got home from work last night to find my apartment ransacked and burglarized.
They broke the kitchen window and got in that way. They pulled out all our drawers, threw our clothes everywhere, etc.

They ended up with:
2 X-Boxes, 2 wireless remotes, some games and memory card, Sony VAIO Laptop computer & bag, External Hard Drive- worst part, all of our honeymoon pictures and pictures of outings, family reunion, etc were on the laptop and the external was our back-up for them, which also disappeared...a fender electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, epiphone electric bass, Sony digital camera with memory card (that my hubby gave me for our wedding), a rolex watch, elgin watch, fossil watch, timex watch, armitron watch, volex watch, $150...oh, and the peanut butter cookies I just baked for my husband.

Anyway, just had to vent... people are crazy :(
Posted Image

#2 kst8no1

kst8no1

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:47 AM

View PostKrazigirl79, on Aug 18 2006, 12:41 PM, said:

Ok, just curious, how many people here have been burglarized?

This is WAY off topic for TT, but I'm really upset right now :(

I got home from work last night to find my apartment ransacked and burglarized.
They broke the kitchen window and got in that way. They pulled out all our drawers, threw our clothes everywhere, etc.

They ended up with:
2 X-Boxes, 2 wireless remotes, some games and memory card, Sony VAIO Laptop computer & bag, External Hard Drive- worst part, all of our honeymoon pictures and pictures of outings, family reunion, etc were on the laptop and the external was our back-up for them, which also disappeared...a fender electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, epiphone electric bass, Sony digital camera with memory card (that my hubby gave me for our wedding), a rolex watch, elgin watch, fossil watch, timex watch, armitron watch, volex watch, $150...oh, and the peanut butter cookies I just baked for my husband.

Anyway, just had to vent... people are crazy :(

Forget Tickle ^^^^^^^That sucks :unsure:
Posted Image

#3 hockeyman1

hockeyman1

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

:o Wow I'm Soooooo Sorry Krazigirl! The worst that has ever happened to me was getting my ipod stolen. Some people in this world just have no respect for honest hardworking citizens, and think they must destroy others to benefit themselves. Hopefully insurace covers most of the stuff stolen, and the burglers get what's coming to them. I think I can speak for the whole TT comunity to say that we are behind you in your tough time. Hope you feel better!
The Official Treasure Quote-Of-The-Day
-----------------------------------------------------
<Treasure> If my son ever started hitting me with a pipe when I was trying to beat my wife...
<Treasure> I'd probably lose it.

#4 kst8no1

kst8no1

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:49 AM

View Posthockeyman1, on Aug 18 2006, 12:48 PM, said:

:o Wow I'm Soooooo Sorry Krazigirl! The worst that has ever happened to me was getting my ipod stolen. Some people in this world just have no respect for honest hardworking citizens, and think they must destroy others to benefit themselves. Hopefully insurace covers most of the stuff stolen, and the burglers get what's coming to them. I think I can speak for the whole TT comunity to say that we are behind you in your tough time. Hope you feel better!

2 X-Boxes, 2 wireless remotes, some games and memory card, Sony VAIO Laptop computer & bag, External Hard Drive- worst part, all of our honeymoon pictures and pictures of outings, family reunion, etc were on the laptop and the external was our back-up for them, which also disappeared...a fender electric guitar, an acoustic guitar, epiphone electric bass, Sony digital camera with memory card (that my hubby gave me for our wedding), a rolex watch, elgin watch, fossil watch, timex watch, armitron watch, volex watch, $150>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ipod
Posted Image

#5 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

Thanks guys :)  I really had to vent... I just feel so violated... especially since we had all of our stuff thrown on the floor... I'm gonna be doing a lot of laundry because I'm not wearing any of it until its clean!

I hate bad people! :(
Posted Image

#6 KefkaIIV

KefkaIIV

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

View PostKrazigirl79, on Aug 18 2006, 01:52 PM, said:

Thanks guys :)  I really had to vent... I just feel so violated... especially since we had all of our stuff thrown on the floor... I'm gonna be doing a lot of laundry because I'm not wearing any of it until its clean!

I hate bad people! :(

Do you plan on finding out who it is?

Left | Right | Middle
Posted Image

#7 kst8no1

kst8no1

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3292 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:12 PM

So they took everything except your computer?
Posted Image

#8 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:27 PM

They took the computer :(  I'm at work right now.

We had PD come to the apt last night... they did dusting for fingerprinting, etc, but only found 1 print...so there's not a whole lot of hope...but we think it might be someone in our apartment complex because it appears that they had been watching and knew what they wanted :(
Posted Image

#9 neoking77

neoking77

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:32 PM

my gosh that really really stinks... i'm really sorry. i've got a bike stolen once, but that's nowhere near this. i hope karma will repay the price, 10x of what they did to you
Posted Image

#10 Krazigirl79

Krazigirl79

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2876 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:39 PM

I love the idea of Karma, but I am SO afraid I have upset the balance in the world and have some bad karma or mojo on me .... gotta go do something nice... hopefully this will all stop!

Someone robbed hubby's car last month- shattered the window then left... its just getting to be a bit much right now... we're probably going to end up buying a house now... it is just SO expensive to live in CA right now.... but we're hoping that we can buy something in a decent neighborhood... I just got a 700/mo raise (so, like 350 after taxes ;) )... so that should help :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users