#71 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

View Postkristy2520, on Apr 19 2007, 11:33 PM, said:

Yes, unfortunately that group is planning on protesting at all the funerals, but the good thing is that 1. the Patriot Guard is planning on definitely coming to the ones of ROTC members (apparently they can't formally decide to come as a group to the others but still prob. will come), and 2. tons of people are working to be sure to block them from getting where they want to be.  It's sad that they would even do this but they want attention, but the good news is it doesn't look like it's going to work out so well for them.

Sorry if I missed an explanation somewhere in this thread, but I couldn't find one and I'm totally confused... What exactly are these people protesting at the funerals?
Posted Image Posted Image

#72 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1074 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

View Posttmarch291, on Apr 18 2007, 08:14 PM, said:

I see what you are trying to say, but I disagree with your arguement. This kid fit the profile of a school shooter to a T. He was anti-social and displayed violent feelings. He was not functioning as part of the school communtiy. I know that this sounds like I am playing Monday morning quarterback, but the school should have expelled him, instead of bending over backward for his "special needs" (his professor tutored him seperately.) Expelling him would not be a violation of his constitutional liberties.

As to those kids who dress in black and wear trench coats(like the Columbine shooters,) they WANT to be treated badly. They crave attention, so they must look different. Of course, most of the attention that comes their way is negative.

As to the Stephen King comparison, that is just rubbish. Stephen King is actually a funny man and he is nothing like the shooter.

Are you really saying that every kid out there who is very quiet and shy and has some dark /violent thoughts should be expelled because of that?   Or perhaps you meant anti-social as in symptoms of "antisocial personality disorder"?     If he did in fact have a history of violence then I might be more inclined to agree with you.  Anyway but I stand by my position that it isn't a crime to be a loner, dress in black, or even like some disturbing artwork.   You cannot justify expelling everyone who "fits the profile".  

The Stephen King comparison wasn't meant to be an attack on him.  I think he is a great author.  I made a reference to him only because he writes a lot of material many people would consider rather disturbing, yet he is extremely popular.  Lots of people have dark thoughts and enjoy reading / writing things with dark disturbing subject matter.  It doesn't mean that most of them are going to go out and kill people.
Posted Image Posted Image

#73 quackers2008

quackers2008

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:41 AM

View PostJerrySizzler, on Apr 20 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

View Posttmarch291, on Apr 18 2007, 08:14 PM, said:

I see what you are trying to say, but I disagree with your arguement. This kid fit the profile of a school shooter to a T. He was anti-social and displayed violent feelings. He was not functioning as part of the school communtiy. I know that this sounds like I am playing Monday morning quarterback, but the school should have expelled him, instead of bending over backward for his "special needs" (his professor tutored him seperately.) Expelling him would not be a violation of his constitutional liberties.

As to those kids who dress in black and wear trench coats(like the Columbine shooters,) they WANT to be treated badly. They crave attention, so they must look different. Of course, most of the attention that comes their way is negative.

As to the Stephen King comparison, that is just rubbish. Stephen King is actually a funny man and he is nothing like the shooter.

Are you really saying that every kid out there who is very quiet and shy and has some dark /violent thoughts should be expelled because of that?   Or perhaps you meant anti-social as in symptoms of "antisocial personality disorder"?     If he did in fact have a history of violence then I might be more inclined to agree with you.  Anyway but I stand by my position that it isn't a crime to be a loner, dress in black, or even like some disturbing artwork.   You cannot justify expelling everyone who "fits the profile".  

The Stephen King comparison wasn't meant to be an attack on him.  I think he is a great author.  I made a reference to him only because he writes a lot of material many people would consider rather disturbing, yet he is extremely popular.  Lots of people have dark thoughts and enjoy reading / writing things with dark disturbing subject matter.  It doesn't mean that most of them are going to go out and kill people.

That is true. But, for some reason everyone wants to blame dark writing, black clothes, and ozzy ozborne music.

#74 kristy2520

kristy2520

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:55 AM

The people who were planning to protest came to an agreement not to in exchange for 3 hours of radio time. Basically any time a tragic event happens they go to funerals and say that the people who died are going to hell and it's bc Americans are horrible that these people deserved it, etc., just a very extreme group out to get attention. It sucks that they get 3 hours of airtime but much better than them going to all the funerals so at least those grieving won't be forced to listen to them.
member # 229127

#75 quackers2008

quackers2008

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:04 AM

3 hrs. of air time for what exactly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users