40 replies to this topic

#1 BigJohnBriggs

BigJohnBriggs

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Had my first fight 2 weeks ago and it was a blast. It was the closest to being a gladiator in a Roman coliseum I'll ever get and I can't wait to fight again in a couple months.

Posted Image

Anyone else fight or enjoy watching?

#2 OG Maverick

OG Maverick

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1766 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:13 PM

I remember you bringing this up a couple of months ago.  I enjoy watching UFC and some MMA fights on the internet.

How'd you do?

#3 BigJohnBriggs

BigJohnBriggs

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

View PostOG Maverick, on Oct 6 2007, 07:13 PM, said:

I remember you bringing this up a couple of months ago.  I enjoy watching UFC and some MMA fights on the internet.

How'd you do?

I got TKO'd in the first because of a stupid mistake (I lack experience)... started the first off well though by breaking his nose and putting him in a chokehold once we went to the ground.

My first in April never worked out (the same promoter backed out) and he ended up emailing me in early August asking if I wanted to fight. Can't wait for the next one, even though the drive is one I'll never do by myself again. 17 hours roundtrip sucked solo.

#4 Guest_rifrat_*

Guest_rifrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:39 AM

Mixed Martial Arts - MMA is an amazing sport. It's totally awesome. I watch fights from all over, UFC, WEC, Elite XC, DREAM from Japan, etc.  Anyone watch Elite XC: Kimbo vs Thompson on CBS Primetime on Saturday night, or catch the Faber vs Pulver on Sunday night?  The fights were crazy.  Most of the main fights/matches up on  MMA Bloodbath  - http://mmabloodbath.com    Check the fights out if you missed them over the weekend. They were full of TKOs and full of surprises.  :D  :ph34r:

View PostBigJohnBriggs, on Oct 9 2007, 05:22 AM, said:

View PostOG Maverick, on Oct 6 2007, 07:13 PM, said:

How'd you do?

I got TKO'd in the first because of a stupid mistake (I lack experience)... started the first off well though by breaking his nose and putting him in a chokehold once we went to the ground.

My first in April never worked out (the same promoter backed out) and he ended up emailing me in early August asking if I wanted to fight. Can't wait for the next one, even though the drive is one I'll never do by myself again. 17 hours roundtrip sucked solo.

#5 gmoney168

gmoney168

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1698 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

I watched that thing on CBS last weekend. It was really fun to watch. Also, last year I went to an MMA event and was almost  next to the cage. It was a blast!
Career Slot Winnings:
19 nothing
10 gold coins
3 one dollar
2 Clara's Kiss

Updated 6/20/2012

#6 harsh506

harsh506

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

View Postgmoney168, on Jun 9 2008, 12:43 AM, said:

I watched that thing on CBS last weekend. It was really fun to watch. Also, last year I went to an MMA event and was almost  next to the cage. It was a blast!

that elite xc event was a joke...... they had 1 good fight the whole night

if you thought that was fun, you would love watching real ufc or some WEC. UFC throws alot of big names at each other and they come up with a few good fights. WEC throws alot of ppl you mite not have heard of unless your are really into the sport, but in my opinion they're fight cards are alot more enjoyable as a whole than UFC.

#7 Megan

Megan

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

View Postharsh506, on Jun 10 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

that elite xc event was a joke...... they had 1 good fight the whole night

if you thought that was fun, you would love watching real ufc or some WEC. UFC throws alot of big names at each other and they come up with a few good fights. WEC throws alot of ppl you mite not have heard of unless your are really into the sport, but in my opinion they're fight cards are alot more enjoyable as a whole than UFC.
I agree Elite XC was ridiculous. I don't even know what this one good fight you speak of was. The womens fight was decent at least. But come on that fight when the guy got poked in the eye and they called it? How about the first fight when the guy fell to his knees and they called it right away. And those WWE style entrances, gimme a break.
WEC is good because it is basically UFC's minor league. Watching the younger guys fight is always more enjoyable, I always have more fun watching the early fights they throw in as a filler on the UFC paper views.

Edited by Megan, 10 June 2008 - 01:59 PM.

Posted Image

#8 harsh506

harsh506

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

the one where the guy was poked in the eye was a good fight the whole way up to that point, but ya i agree with WEC  as the minors because UFC dosnt threw the fetherweights and bantums in their main cards.

#9 Megan

Megan

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

WEC is also owned by UFC too.
Posted Image

#10 harsh506

harsh506

Archaeologist