128 replies to this topic

#121 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:23 AM

If you are an active member of another forum and links in signatures is allowed, you can post your referral link. Joining forums just to post your link will more than likely get you blocked from that site for spam.

Also, if you go to your profile page, you can add a alphabetic referral link. The person who posted made his link php. You can put anything you want there so that your referral link is not a bunch of numbers anymore.

#122 woodywho

woodywho

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:45 PM

It's about quality.  Yes, quantity can be good if you find one of those "diamond in the rough" referrals who complete tons of offers and get their own great referrals. You are much better of getting people to your own website/blog/survey FAQ type site and give them the info the "need" to make money. If you lay things out in plain English (or Spanish, etc..) and give them the exact ways to make money doing surveys, your chance of them becoming a sensational referral increases by 500%.  Don't try to come off like a sales pitch to the people you are talking to.  Try to sound like you are a neighbor and they should feel comfortable with listening to what you have to say.  You can easily start a blog and list 10 great things about Treasure Trooper and how to make money here.  There is no need to make outlandish statements such as, "You'll be a zillionaire by the time you are 25!".  Tell them, in simple terms, why this is such a great (and well run) place.  How they can make money (step by step).  You can even offer your email address on your website/blog, so that you can answer any more questions for them.  Keep it short, simple and make them interested.  A good way to test your website/blog is to read over what you posted, or even better, have a friend read over it.  Would they/you follow the link to treasure trooper and sign up, ready to do offers and surveys?

Edit: I should also add that you should stay within the rules.  Read the T&C and Rules/FAQ here at TT to make sure you are following the guidelines.

Also, I left out one main thing: Getting people to your blog or website.  There are many ways to do this (I can't go into extreme detail as to what "I" personally do (the whole direct competition thing), but you can check out "web traffic" type forums and gets a bunch of free info on this crucial subject.  You don't have to be web savvy to do much of it, either.  Their are so many free templates/guides/knowledge out there that it is mind blowing.  It might take a little bit of effort in the short term, but once you get it done, you will see the benefits six months down the road and beyond.  You have to work a little now to see results later.

If anybody needs a couple of good links & such for making a website that gets traffic, feel free to PM me.  I'm not sure if I can post them here (and I'm too lazy right now to check the rules)  :D

It's raining like rhinos and chinchillas here is South Florida because of this storm and it's making me drowsy  ^_^

Edited by woodywho, 18 August 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#123 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:49 PM

excellent advice woody!

thank you :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#124 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

woodywho, great post.

#125 pfactor3045

pfactor3045

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:19 AM

View Postwoodywho, on Aug 18 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

It's about quality.  Yes, quantity can be good if you find one of those "diamond in the rough" referrals who complete tons of offers and get their own great referrals. You are much better of getting people to your own website/blog/survey FAQ type site and give them the info the "need" to make money. If you lay things out in plain English (or Spanish, etc..) and give them the exact ways to make money doing surveys, your chance of them becoming a sensational referral increases by 500%.  Don't try to come off like a sales pitch to the people you are talking to.  Try to sound like you are a neighbor and they should feel comfortable with listening to what you have to say.  You can easily start a blog and list 10 great things about Treasure Trooper and how to make money here.  There is no need to make outlandish statements such as, "You'll be a zillionaire by the time you are 25!".  Tell them, in simple terms, why this is such a great (and well run) place.  How they can make money (step by step).  You can even offer your email address on your website/blog, so that you can answer any more questions for them.  Keep it short, simple and make them interested.  A good way to test your website/blog is to read over what you posted, or even better, have a friend read over it.  Would they/you follow the link to treasure trooper and sign up, ready to do offers and surveys?

Edit: I should also add that you should stay within the rules.  Read the T&C and Rules/FAQ here at TT to make sure you are following the guidelines.

Also, I left out one main thing: Getting people to your blog or website.  There are many ways to do this (I can't go into extreme detail as to what "I" personally do (the whole direct competition thing), but you can check out "web traffic" type forums and gets a bunch of free info on this crucial subject.  You don't have to be web savvy to do much of it, either.  Their are so many free templates/guides/knowledge out there that it is mind blowing.  It might take a little bit of effort in the short term, but once you get it done, you will see the benefits six months down the road and beyond.  You have to work a little now to see results later.

If anybody needs a couple of good links & such for making a website that gets traffic, feel free to PM me.  I'm not sure if I can post them here (and I'm too lazy right now to check the rules)  :D

It's raining like rhinos and chinchillas here is South Florida because of this storm and it's making me drowsy  ^_^

it wont let me message you for some reason but i would love to hear your information! PM me if i cant find a way to message you first :(

and i still dong et the /php referral link thing? i dont see it in my profile

#126 drewc

drewc

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2555 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:36 AM

View Postpfactor3045, on Aug 19 2008, 01:19 AM, said:

it wont let me message you for some reason but i would love to hear your information! PM me if i cant find a way to message you first :(

You cant PM becasue you need 20 post to do so. Also, look through the thread, for some tips.

Edited by drewc, 19 August 2008 - 02:40 AM.

Drew

Posted Image

#127 pfactor3045

pfactor3045

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

View Postdrewc, on Aug 19 2008, 01:36 AM, said:

View Postpfactor3045, on Aug 19 2008, 01:19 AM, said:

You cant PM becasue you need 20 post to do so. Also, look through the thread, for some tips.

dangit :(

#128 Persian

Persian

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

I haven't updated this in a long time, I'm now at 950 first level referrals and 362 second level.
Posted Image

#129 cerastes

cerastes

Archaeologist

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

View PostPersian, on Apr 8 2009, 03:49 PM, said:

I haven't updated this in a long time, I'm now at 950 first level referrals and 362 second level.

Lol, nice ;) so many referals, I made a vid but that didn't help much.
Posted Image
Big Bang rocks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users