108 replies to this topic

#1 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Here is the very early stages of an idea that I had for TT.  Tell me what your thoughts are, and if you have any ideas to add.

General Concept:  Mabutu Sells a dragon egg in the forum for a set amount of gold or platinum coins.  That dragon egg then appears in your nest (New button on the My Treasure page).  You can buy a new dragon egg once every 2 weeks to add to your nest.  When the eggs hatch, they become baby dragons that fall into 1 of 5 different dragon classes (need help designing these) and will be male or female.  That baby goes through a couple of different growth stages... child, young adult, adult, etc.  When the dragon reaches adulthood, you can breed it with another dragon of the opposite gender.  Different parent combinations will produce different offspring.  In some cases, the resulting egg will be coins, pearls, or money.  In more rarer cases, they will produce a rare dragon.  That dragon can be sold to Mabutu for a special prize, or raised and bred to produce even rarer varieties.

Extraneous Concepts:  The dragon eggs and children will require special attention in order to hatch and grow.  They desire to be shown affection by multiple people before they will become strong.  Essentially, you will put your dragon egg (which you can name) in your signature or on different forums.  For every unique click your egg gets, your egg will get closer to hatching, etc.  (this is similar to the habamon craze going around).  Here's one of the great parts of this concept... When they click on your egg, they'll be taken to a page that allows them to sign up to TT and get a free egg (free egg only available to members that sign up from your dragon page).  If they sign up, they become your referrals.   So now, you've got this great interactive way to gain referrals!

Potential Future Concepts:  Fight other member's dragons and gain experience for yours.  Get your dragon strong enough to defeat big bosses and get cash prizes for each one you destroy, etc.

Alright, I'll open this up for discussion.  Thoughts?

#2 Guest_anthony06914_*

Guest_anthony06914_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

I think that this is a great idea.

No,seriously.

I think that this would be a lot of fun!!!

But I wish we could use this on myspace.But if someone clicks on our link on myspace.It will take them that page what the people who work for myspace made.Saying that the link was bad.

And it is not bad.

Edited by anthony06914, 04 August 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#3 drewc

drewc

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2555 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

This is interesting. It may be something I am interested in. I think the clicking part could be abused easily though.
Drew

Posted Image

#4 janarbananar

janarbananar

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

I like the general idea.  It sounds fun to have little hatching eggs in My Treasure.  I don't know that I would really have much of anywhere to advertise my egg links except maybe my myspace page, but I really don't think I could hound anybody to click my egg too often except maybe my husband.  And I'd really have to hound him.  

As a viral marketing concept, it's a great idea but I don't know how many of us 25+ are going to be able to get a lot of people to join in with us.  Personally, all of the silly applications that Facebook has (like Vampires, hatching eggs, Christmas slaps, or whatever the heck else...) drove me away in the end because it seemed like that's ALL my friends were doing, not even bothering to send me a personal message, just a vampire bite.   <_<   I was SOOOO irritated when myspace added all those dumb pets, kiss me and mafia wars applications.  They are just pointless, impersonal spam to me.  While I see this as another fun, bonus idea that I'd enjoy, the worry I have about it is that it would start bugging people if all of us Troopers were out there begging people to click our links endlessly, and possibly detract people from checking out Treasure Trooper for making a nice little extra monthly check.

I like the other idea a lot though, the more RPG-ish and personal competition side of fighting bosses with dragons.  :D

Edited by janarbananar, 04 August 2008 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
Treasure Hunt:  COMPLETE!  Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Slot Relics:  Clara's Kiss, Cogg's Calculator, Mabutu's Spear, Jack's Hat!!
Amazon Gift Card x5

#5 leonanddeb14

leonanddeb14

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

that sounds good since everybody already likes the eggs anyway.
Posted Image
1073 offers approved to date

#6 beethoven24680

beethoven24680

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Seriously, I think this is an ingenious idea. I love it! Seriously! No joke!

#7 -RaMzEy-

-RaMzEy-

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:10 PM

I like this idea :)
Posted Image

#8 Persian

Persian

Metal Detector