108 replies to this topic

#101 bRYNABOO

bRYNABOO

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

I THINK this is a great idea too very creative .

#102 jaime

jaime

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

Great ideas!!

#103 ltsaxcash

ltsaxcash

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

this sounds really cool
Posted Image

#104 DaKatanater

DaKatanater

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

aww.... i really liked that idea!
Posted Image

#105 alicia

alicia

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

sounds like a great idea to me :). sounds kind of fun actually....
Alicia :)
www.treasuretrooper.com/283385

#106 Darkchest

Darkchest

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

This sounds brilliant and awesome!  I've seen these dragon eggs for some site ALL over the place recently.  This would be awesome.

Edit: Oh, not happening?   :(  That's what happens when I don't read the entire thread.

However the idea got me thinking and I have a few thoughts.

Maybe the dragon idea was starting out too complicated.  Maybe it could be something easier.  I know you've basically already said no, but I think my idea is going in a different direction, so I figure I'll write it anyway.

Possibly long idea to follow:

Maybe each Trooper can start out with 6 eggs.  In fact, you could opt out of it too.  That way people who think this idea is too gamey can hide the eggs in their profiles and just ignore them.  I'd say dragons, but of course, they could be something more TreasureTrooper-y like parrots.  

Now, each egg is tied to a gem.  When you earn that gem, the egg hatches.  You can post the eggs and what hatches out of them on forums and such, but they'd really just be for referrals, rather than earning things when clicked.  Or maybe every 10 clicks or something earns something.  (Or, to bring it further along, you get the EGG when you earn a gem.  Then instead of a second tier of gems (I've heard people request thing) your egg hatches.  So if you need like $5 to earn the Sapphire, you'd get that and an egg, then when you get say $10 the egg hatches.)

So, say you get the Survey Gem and your survey egg hatches.  Maybe then it grows as you complete surveys.  I usually have no problem earning $20, and once I earned the gem the incentive for me to do surveys sort of dropped off.  But if I had some little "animal" that grows as I do surveys I'd be more inclined to do them.

Maybe after every 15-20 surveys or something your animal would grow a bit.  So you'd get "Congrats, your Hatchling Survey Dragon is a Fledgling" then 15 more surveys, "Congrats, your Fledgling Survey Dragon has become an Adolescent!"  And with each growth upgrade maybe you get something different based on the gem type.  Like you get a gold coin for the Survey Dragon, a Pearl for the Cash Shopping dragon etc.

I know I worked a lot harder on TT during the Treasure Hunt than I usually do, and I also know a lot of people wish there was another hunt.  So this could almost become a longer, ongoing Treasure Hunt.

Mabutu could sell Ruby Dragon upgrades, since all you do is buy the ruby from him, so you'd automatically get that egg to hatch.

And people who don't do Cash Shopping because they don't have credit cards or whatever still have a few dragons to play around with.

Then there could be some reward for getting all of your dragons to adulthood.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it.  I know you have a million more things to do than the dragon eggs, but maybe if we approached it from a different way, we could get somewhere.

Edited by Darkchest, 17 August 2008 - 10:34 PM.

#107 mseavolt

mseavolt

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:49 PM

:rolleyes: love the idea. when is it going to start?
Posted Image

#108 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

A few posts back Treasure said this wouldn't happen anymore.

#109 marmstrong89

marmstrong89

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:05 PM

that a bummer.  I liked the sound of it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users