85 replies to this topic

#1 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:56 AM

Well, after the dismal ending to a very intriguing Treasure Trooper Mafia, I am starting the next game to hopefully satiate everyone's unrest over the contest ending.  This game will be different from a typical Mafia game in that everyone has a preconceived persona and roles, and must act accordingly.  I will add the bios once I get and idea of how many people want to join, until then, please read the synopsis:

Story:

Like the board game, you have been invited to a manor, in this case, the Howard Philip Manor.  The owner of the manor is gravely ill in a hospital and has chosen some of the brightest people he has known through his life to spend the night in the house.  All who survive the night will be granted partial ownership of the manor once the owner passes.  However, as per the game, trouble arises.

The concept of the game is simple: you survive.  One or more of you will be given the role of an independently acting murderer.  You will be given a character to work with, a layout of the house, and the rest is up to you.  To win the game, the players must work together to figure out who the killer is by dawn (7:00 a.m. gametime)  If no killer is brought forward, then the game ends with everyone being arrested and the killer accusing all the others.

The accusation of a killer is a bit more complex.  Instead of simply saying "I believe [member] is the killer because last game he was very quiet..."  that will not fly.  Instead you must use evidence.  If someone was killed with a rope, then the suspects HAD to have been in a place where there was rope at sometime (such as the kitchen) and had to have been out of sight for the murder during the time of death.

I will keep a timer in the thread title.  I hope this will make up since the last game ending badly and regains everyone's trust to play these games.

I want to have around 10 people for this game.  I'll leave sign-ups open for about a week to field any questions because I admit this is much different than anything we've played before.  Do not hesitate to join because I will ensure that only I know everyone's roles.

I'll update this with rules periodically.

Sign-Up (note, none of these people are DEFINITELY in the game, instead these are the people to make it to the first 20 sign-ups):
  • sarahricks
  • brittmarie
  • bRYNABOO
  • INSTANTFAN
  • Punkyc7
  • drewskix11
  • ninjawarior
  • Cuddlebearjay
  • wargames2007
  • nasrin
  • drewc
  • Craftqueen707
  • Jenn
  • Megan
  • R89Christopher
  • junkyardmaestro
  • Mistygrl70

Edited by ericj1186, 24 August 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#2 sarahricks

sarahricks

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hey sounds like a great idea. I'll be in.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagex2

#3 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

I'll join as well.

I hope this can help people get over how the other one ended. I can't believe someone is so immature to do that.

#4 bRYNABOO

bRYNABOO

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

me 2  im in

Edited by bRYNABOO, 21 August 2008 - 01:52 PM.

#5 blight

blight

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4486 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

Im in
Posted Image

#6 INSTANTFAN

INSTANTFAN

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

im in
Posted Image

#7 Punkyc7

Punkyc7

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6952 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

Im in
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 drewskix11

drewskix11

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

7.  in.
Posted Image

#9 ninjawarior

ninjawarior

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:43 AM

I want to play!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sign up now at http://www.treasuret....com/jointhefun to make some money through offers, surveys, and such. Plus when you sign up under me I will help you out in any way I can, and you'll have signed up under the coolest member.

#10 cuddlebearjay

cuddlebearjay

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2130 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

I would loooove to play!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users