45 replies to this topic

#1 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Well, I am pretty big on religious debates because, in my opinion, it's an important topic of discussion because of the consequences with it.

Before we get into a religious bashing session, or a preaching session, let's have an open discussion.  Just state, what do you believe and why.

I was Catholic since birth, but now, I am an atheist.  Religion, especially Christianity, is just not something I need, and with the sects of Christianity being so invasive, shady, etc, it's hard for me to support anything to do with them.

Though being an atheist, I have a solid set of morals based on what I don't want done to me, I won't do to other people.  

So, anyone else brave enough to profess their faith?
Posted Image

#2 sarahricks

sarahricks

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

I'm mormon. I don't know if I'm really a true believer, I have a hard time with alot of the preachings but there is alot that I guess more than anything I really hope to be true such as life after death. My sister died a couple years ago and I really hope with all my being that I get to see her again. I also really like the importance that familys have with in the religion.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagex2

#3 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

i just think we just need that "one answer" to our questions.
we just need some scientist, who can figure it out.

#4 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

I believe.

I believe we plan our lives before we live them. I believe we return to "re-live" .. in a sense reincarnation but I believe we come back as ppl..

I do believe in "heaven" of sorts. But I'm not so sure on hell. I think everyone crosses over to the other side..repeatedly..then come back to learn whatever more there is to learn. I don't think our souls truly remain on the other side until we have fulfilled all the requirements to be at eternal rest. I am a strong believer that we plan our life course before we come here..and every event and decision we've made in our lives..was pre planned and pre chosen before we were born. I believe we chose our parents...regardless of how good or bad they are/were. . as I said.. I think there are requirements to being eternally at peace forever and our souls remaining on the other side and the only way to achieve those is to keep living life over until we have learned what we are to learn.

I'm a huge fan of James Redfield and his books "The Celestine Prophecy: The Nine Insights" "The Tenth Insight" etc. His writing has made things so much clearer to me...and while studying his books for a very long time I was able to see and understand the meaning of each insight and the awakening occuring in the world around us.

In a sense I do believe there is a God. I'm just not sure on what level I believe. I grew up in home where my parents went to church and we went to Sunday school. I taught Sunday school. The basic overall morals and values I was taught...have always been what I considered to be important and rational. My children always attended Sunday school..even though I stopped going to church. . my children like Sunday school, I think whats taught is not only beneficial in their growth and development..but truly can't do any harm.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#5 DaKatanater

DaKatanater

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Im an episcopalian!
Posted Image

#6 ninjawarior

ninjawarior

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

View PostDaKatanater, on Aug 28 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

Im an episcopalian!
Oh my gosh! Me too! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sign up now at http://www.treasuret....com/jointhefun to make some money through offers, surveys, and such. Plus when you sign up under me I will help you out in any way I can, and you'll have signed up under the coolest member.

#7 nasrin

nasrin

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

I'm an atheist, and I converted.

#8 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

Converted TO atheism or FROM atheism.

#9 nasrin

nasrin

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

converted to...

#10 cuddlebearjay

cuddlebearjay

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2130 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

I don't believe in god, but I do believe in a higher power.
I don't believe in heaven or hell or any of the Christian bible. To me, the bible seems like a well written story. But not well written enough to base my life, thoughts, and ideals on. I have never looked into any other types of religion, but
organized religion, to me, is very cult-ish. I won't get into details because I really don't want to offend anyone....
I have only been to a church once when it was not a funeral/wedding, and I would never return again. I couldn't tell you what "sect" (or whatever) it was, as it makes no difference to me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users