105 replies to this topic

#11 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

Thats the science side of the debate. How did god appear?

The religious side jsut believes he's there and always has been.

#12 linkinpark

linkinpark

Metal Detector

• Banned Users
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:03 AM

i just dont get the world alltogether, if your ahtiest or creationist then there is still the question.. for evolution, what was there before our universe? and before that? and before that? when did it all "start" you know what i mean? if you are a creationist  then you ask what was ther before god?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 nasrin

nasrin

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:22 AM

You can say, it always existed! ;) ...You dont always have to persist in thinking of the universe in terms of "Beginning", "Middle" and "End". Try to contemplate that not everything needs a beginning...(not sure if that makes sense) But think of it as an expanding and contracting universe, which has always existed, and was not created.

I know science doesn't claim the universe came from nothing...Then again, did it have to start from anywhere? If it did, then eventually reasoned experiment and analysis will discover it because, there is nothing wrong with saying you, or I don't know. The universe is a vast and complicated place...and like I said, and I'm sure... the best and exciting discoveries in science have yet to come.

#14 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

View Postjackpotmoney, on Aug 29 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

how could he just get there?
i dont understand it.

No offense, but if you're non-religious, you probably won't ever understand. Blind faith is believing in something you can't prove.

Let me ask you this, how was the world created then?

#15 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:08 AM

Faith is belief without proof.

To answer your question:

The world was created by billions of years procedural conditioning.  Once life as we know it found the right habitat to evolve into, it started evolution.  It's foolish to think that just because a planet is too hot, has no water, has no oxygen, life couldn't exist.  Life as we know it couldn't exist.  The Big Bang Theory works the best for me because there is evidence of an expanding/contracting universe all around us.  That theory just says that the universe started as a large bundle of extremely dense material, it exploded, and constantly expands.  Once it hits max growth, it'll retract and start all over.

#16 Jatsu

Jatsu

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Aug 29 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Religion and science are two different things.

Religion is based on blind faith, while science is based on factual proof.

Evolution does exist, however I don't believe that humans evolved from apes. I think God created us and has created evolution to allow animals to adapt. If humans evolved from apes, why are apes still around? A species doesn't evolve and then just leave some behind.
If God created man from dust, why is dust still around?

Evolution isn't some magical process where suddenly every member of a species transforms into something else.  It's a gradual sequence of mutations.  Also, one mutant baby doesn't necessitate that the millions of already exiting members of the species suddenly die.  So yes, a species can evolve and then just leave some behind.  ...never mind the fact that humans didn't evolve from modern apes, rather humans and modern apes each evolved from a common ancestor.

#17 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

really to be honest.
we will never find out. even if we had superrrrrrrrrrrrr advance technology. we will never know where heaven or hell or everything is.

#18 linkinpark

linkinpark

Metal Detector

• Banned Users
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

A year ago i found a "game" site that is made for debating religion, there is a game side and there is a forum side, if the mods will let me i would love to share the site with everyone that would love to debate about this on another site with way more people debating about it
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

uh no... keep it in house.

#20 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

we got a debate forum. tell those people to  come here.
anyways. maybe science and religon both work together in a way. like religion is part of science because science could tell how things happened right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users