• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

What are your thoughts on abortion?

I'm a mix of both sides of the fence.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#2 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

JUST A WARNING TO EVERYONE... THIS CAN BE A VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT, SO ANY ATTACKS/OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED AND WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE WARNING. THIS IS THE SECOND POST, SO THERE'S NO EXCUSE OF NOT SEEING IT.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

just delete it Laura.. im pretty open minded but .. there are some who I am sure are not.. would rather not ruffle feathers

No way- we should be able to discuss this like adults! It's a good issue for people to debate! I'm glad you posted it :). -Laura
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#4 charmane

charmane

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:10 PM

The only situation where I would say yes is if the baby had a birth defect where it had a 100% chance of dying within the first short years of its life. And those years were going to be painful.

Other than that...

NO
NO
NO

#5 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

I just wanted to remind everyone the same thing Laura posted in the 2nd post...Treasure has posted in the rules..so please be sure to read that over as well.
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#6 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

View Postcharmane, on Aug 29 2008, 07:10 PM, said:

The only situation where I would say yes is if the baby had a birth defect where it had a 100% chance of dying within the first short years of its life. And those years were going to be painful.

Other than that...

NO
NO
NO

I can understand that completely. . thanks for sharing your thoughts charmane :)
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#7 Megan

Megan

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I think everyone has the choice to decide for themselves. I don't know if I could do it myself but I know people who have and support them 100% in their decisions.
Posted Image

#8 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

My view of abortion...

I've known people who have gotten abortions, some I view as being for the right reasons, and some for the wrong ones.

I identify myself as pro-choice. Not pro-abortion, mind you, as nobody enjoys getting an abortion. I'm pro-choice, as in supporting the right of a woman (and her partner) to choose.

I do think that some individuals abuse the system and use abortion as a form of birth control, having repeated abortions because they failed to learn from their initial mistakes.

I myself would never get an abortion other than in the case of a medical necessity, partly because I have a very supportive family and know that my husband (who I dated as a teen) would be there no matter what. I have resources and would be OK having a child, even if it would have happened when I was a teen. Not everyone is in my position, and not everyone would be able to provide a life of support and care for their child without the proper resources. I don't feel that it's my place to tell someone else to bring a child into this world even if they don't have the resources necessary to give the child the proper life. I get the adoption angle, but I can understand when people don't want to put their bodies through 9 months of carrying a child just to give it away to someone else- I have no idea how that would feel to never see my child and have it be raised by someone else.

Restrictions on abortion? Abolutely. Telling people they can't? Not my perspective.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

I understand what can lead a woman to decide on abortion.. is it something for me? Not at all.

I agree w/what Laura said.. some see it as a form of birth control. I have had a few friends have abortions as well... more for the wrong reasons then the right ones. I still supported them. It wasn't and isn't my decision to make for someone else.. I'm not the person who has to live w/their actions.

I agree.. there should be limitations set on abortion. Often the father's thoughts or feelings are not taken into perspective..and I think they should have some sort of voice even if it's not their body...

In a sense I'm against it..for the reason so many see it as a way to correct a mistake. . I know this is a touchy subject and I'm pleased to see everyone posting so far..doing so respectfully.

Thank-You.
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#10 bRYNABOO

bRYNABOO

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

View PostMistygrl70, on Aug 29 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

I understand what can lead a woman to decide on abortion.. is it something for me? Not at all.

I agree w/what Laura said.. some see it as a form of birth control. I have had a few friends have abortions as well... more for the wrong reasons then the right ones. I still supported them. It wasn't and isn't my decision to make for someone else.. I'm not the person who has to live w/their actions.

I agree.. there should be limitations set on abortion. Often the father's thoughts or feelings are not taken into perspective..and I think they should have some sort of voice even if it's not their body...

In a sense I'm against it..for the reason so many see it as a way to correct a mistake. . I know this is a touchy subject and I'm pleased to see everyone posting so far..doing so respectfully.

Thank-You.

im pro choice you know. im against for the woman who do it over and over and over for no good reason but im for it if you were raped or theres a health condition problem for you or your baby

Edited by bRYNABOO, 29 August 2008 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users