#11 blight

blight

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4486 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Aug 31 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

"Global Warming" is a myth, so I'll go with running out of oil.
How is it a myth? can you cite your resources? i dont believe it is a myth i mean if you look around and do some research then you can tell its happening.
Posted Image

#12 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:23 PM

View Postblight, on Aug 31 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

View Postmretzloff, on Aug 31 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

"Global Warming" is a myth, so I'll go with running out of oil.
How is it a myth? can you cite your resources? i dont believe it is a myth i mean if you look around and do some research then you can tell its happening.

There isn't enough evidence to say that "Global Warming" is even real.

"Global Warming" is something made up by paranoid tree huggers.

#13 ossuck222

ossuck222

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

i agree there is no actual proof that global warming is real...people are just telling us this so that the air quality wont be bad

this could just be the opposite of what happened during the ice ages and humans didnt cause those
Posted Image

Treasure Hunt Completed 9-16-08
VIP Made 10-11-08

#14 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

View Postossuck222, on Aug 31 2008, 11:30 PM, said:

i agree there is no actual proof that global warming is real...people are just telling us this so that the air quality wont be bad

this could just be the opposite of what happened during the ice ages and humans didnt cause those

Haha, true. Al Gore couldn't even get the facts right in his video.

#15 blight

blight

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4486 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

Well if global warming wasnt  real wouldnt we still be in an ice age? why would major organizations like nasa and noaa lie to us?  can you please show any kind or your resources?
Posted Image

#16 linkinpark

linkinpark

Metal Detector

• Banned Users
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

just because there is no current evidence or evidence dense enough, evidence and signs are slightly emerging so you cannot say global warming is a complete myth, right now it is a scientific theory not a myth... there is the big bang theory, is that a JUST a myth?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

View Postblight, on Aug 31 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

Well if global warming wasnt  real wouldnt we still be in an ice age? why would major organizations like nasa and noaa lie to us?  can you please show any kind or your resources?

Type "Global Warming Myth" into Google. You'll receive hundreds, if not thousands, of returns.

Every point you can make for "Global Warming" can be easily countered by another theory. For example, we moved out of the Ice Age because of a climate change. The climate doesn't just stay the same- it changes.

NASA, NOAA, etc. aren't lying. These organizations are paranoid. In their mind the polar ice caps could melt tomorrow.

This "Global Warming" thingy, is nothing but a mix of climate changes and paranoia fueled by our liberal media.

#18 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

View Postlinkinpark, on Aug 31 2008, 11:50 PM, said:

just because there is no current evidence or evidence dense enough, evidence and signs are slightly emerging so you cannot say global warming is a complete myth, right now it is a scientific theory not a myth... there is the big bang theory, is that a JUST a myth?

There is just as much counter evidence as there is evidence. Theory, myth, whatever... As of right now there are no cold hard facts that support it. Even Al Gore couldn't make a video on "Global Warming" without embarrassing himself with errors.

#19 nasrin

nasrin

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

Haha, type "Global Warming" into Google. You'll also receive hundreds, if not thousands, of returns.

Every point you can make for "Global Warming Myth", you too can easily be refuted.

The National Academy of Sciences, American Institute of Physics, NASA, NOAA, IPCC, etc....oh yeah, theyre all paranoid.

Oh, and I'm not particularly a fan of Al Gore either, but I know people who have been concerned about global warming well before Kyoto, and wondered why Gore didn't try to push the agenda a bit more while he was in office (answer: politics, wouldn't be able to get much through to congress anyway).

Trust me, I've read quite a bit about global warming, hoping to find out it's not real, and everytime I come across a good denial theory, I dig in only to find it isn't as robust as the advocates claim, and yet GW still is the most likely scenario for our current climate....hmmm

I know you're probably saying we all have the right to our own truth, but unless we can prove our claims we shouldn't expect others to accept them.

EDIT:
I assume you want sources...?

Well if you really want sources you want NASA, NOAA, IPCC, NCAR..etc
http://www.ncdc.noaa...balwarming.html
http://www.nasa.gov/..._worldbook.html

....no? Oh right, they're paranoid...

How about a U.K. site?
http://www.metoffice...ssoffice/myths/

an Australian site?
http://www.bom.gov.a...ex_global.shtml

How about Canadian?
http://www.cccma.bc....eng_index.shtml

German maybe?
http://www.dkrz.de/d...out/intro_about

Edited by nasrin, 01 September 2008 - 07:56 AM.

#20 Treasure

Treasure

CEO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

No such thing as global warming, in my opinion.  Last year, it snowed all the way past Easter here.  I wish it was getting warmer, but it ain't!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users