9 replies to this topic

#1 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:26 PM

Was the scorekeeper biased against the Brewers in yesterday's game?

I say yes. Sabathia easily would have thrown the guy out at first if he hadn't have dropped the ball. It should have been an error, and he was robbed of his no-hitter.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:58 PM

I'm still waiting for an article that accuses the scorekeeper of being racist.

I say it should have been an error. Even Randy Johnson could have thrown that guy out.

#3 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

It's not that the scorekeeper was racist. It's that he may have been biased. Each game has scorekeepers from the city in which the game was held. So the scorekeeper (from Pittsburgh) likely would be in favor of the Pirates. Therefore, it's better if the hitter earned the run rather than it being Sabathia's error.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostLaura, on Sep 1 2008, 08:21 PM, said:

It's not that the scorekeeper was racist. It's that he may have been biased. Each game has scorekeepers from the city in which the game was held. So the scorekeeper (from Pittsburgh) likely would be in favor of the Pirates. Therefore, it's better if the hitter earned the run rather than it being Sabathia's error.

I wasn't saying that the scorekeeper was racist. I was saying that I'm surprised the silly media hasn't pulled that yet.

It was still a great outing from Sabathia. I'm hoping he'll come to NY next year, but man, he'll require a LOAD of money.

#5 wargames2007

wargames2007

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:26 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 1 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

I say it should have been an error. Even Randy Johnson could have thrown that guy out.
Why do you always turn everything into a racist thing?
Posted Image

#6 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:29 PM

View Postwargames2007, on Sep 1 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

Umm, when have I ever?

If you've ever watch the new or listened to the news on the radio, you'll notice how everything is always turned to race by the media. Remember that statistic about how only 6 or so percent of MLB players are black? Wouldn't you agree that the media turned that insignificant incident into something big (at least in the sports world)? I'm correct in saying that it's surprising that the media hasn't pulled the race card.

#7 wargames2007

wargames2007

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 1 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

Umm, when have I ever?
Um, everytime you talk about Obama.

If you've ever watch the new or listened to the news on the radio, you'll notice how everything is always turned to race by the media. Remember that statistic about how only 6 or so percent of MLB players are black? Wouldn't you agree that the media turned that insignificant incident into something big (at least in the sports world)? I'm correct in saying that it's surprising that the media hasn't pulled the race card.
Even though they did, they didn't need to, and no one should need to. Race had nothing to do with that.
Posted Image

#8 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:12 PM

View Postwargames2007, on Sep 1 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 1 2008, 09:29 PM, said:

Umm, when have I ever?
Um, everytime you talk about Obama.

Even though they did, they didn't need to, and no one should need to. Race had nothing to do with that.

All I ever said about Obama was that he's going to win because he's black. That's true. Statistics show that blacks normally don't vote, but now they are. If Obama was white, he'd have lost to Clinton.

I was simply making a comment and poking fun at how the media exaggerates everything and rambles on about meaningless facts. Jeeze, calm down.

#9 bankhead1

bankhead1

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 04:36 PM

yea sabathia was robbed
bankhead1

#10 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper