#12 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

First off

I want to point out that not all illegals are "ripping off" the system. Nor are they "taking" from this country.. .some actually give. Yes there are quite a few who are in this country and taking the system for granted.

2nd:

W/out going into great details of my personal life. I was married to an american..we divorced..we were in canada. 5 years later.. I met someone else and came across the border telling patrol I would be spending the summer w/my b/f. Which is exactly what my intentions were. I've never left. My now husband has been solely supporting us. We pay for all medical required (including a child loss)...even the birth of our daughter. We even moved to Arizona so my ex could see his children..as well as it was an opportunity for my husband ..promotion of sorts w/the company he works with. I've never worked under the table.. nor have I babysat or done anything other then gpt site for money.

We recently married.. July 17th. We have looked into the cost of my children and i getting citizenship  $9,750.. which we currently do not have.. hoping his bonus in March/April will pay for that.

We want to go about this the right way...the legal way.

I do not take this thread offensively.. I just like for everyone to realize that not everyone here is hurting the country..there are many who do want to be citizens but just don't have the money to do it.

Should I go back to Canada? Maybe... but I'm not. That would require me leaving my 2 year old daughter bhind and the man I so love.

Interestingly enough.. immigration knows we are here...that my children are attending a public school. None of us have ever been in trouble w/the law...or caused anyone any harm. Even tho I qualified for emergency medicaid when the baby died.. I did not use it. We paid out of our pocket.. which almost resulted in me losing my life.

I respect everyone's ideals..thoughts..and opinions.. but there is another side to the "illegal immigrant"

Best wishes,
Darlene
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#13 linkinpark

linkinpark

Metal Detector

• Banned Users
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostReepicheep77, on Sep 2 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

"Well technically, were all illegal immigrants trespassing on Indian land."

Huh? India never owned any part of the US...   :P

nice one man... nice one.... and if anyone didn't get that you need to go back to history class, if anyone needs an explanation then just ask

anywho,

i do have to agree that illegal immigration is the only way to get into america without waiting, I read somewhere or heard somewhere that the wait to get us citizenship is like 5-10 years.

another thing,

lose the foreign language crap. When us americans go over to other countries its not like half of the citizens there dont speak english

go to japan, iraq,russia and you will find that half of the people there speak some english.

Now the other side of it is if you live here than more than 3 years and cant speak english THEN you should consider kicking people out

i do find it sad that we have to put spanish on some of our billboards, or have half the directions in spanish but people dont realize that this is somewhat of a good thing.

Its called ethnic diversity, maybe its good spanish people are moving here

think about it. you can get paid $5-30 grand more just from nowing another common language, so maybe they are helping you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 DaKatanater

DaKatanater

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

I dont blame illegal immigrants, The process of becoming legal is long and hard, my mother is marrying and british man (NO ITS NOT A NIGERIAN SCAM!) and they have been waiting for about 6 months, and they are like 3/4 through it.
Posted Image

#15 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:10 PM

Mistygrl, you're a rare example. Most illegal immigrants are trying to cheat the system, and ALL are hurting the U.S. economy. Illegal immigrants have cost tax payers billions of dollars. The reason that these illegal immigrants are so bad is because they don't pay taxes. They are essentially getting a free ride.

#16 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:13 PM

View Postlinkinpark, on Sep 3 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

nice one man... nice one.... and if anyone didn't get that you need to go back to history class, if anyone needs an explanation then just ask

anywho,

i do have to agree that illegal immigration is the only way to get into america without waiting, I read somewhere or heard somewhere that the wait to get us citizenship is like 5-10 years.

another thing,

lose the foreign language crap. When us americans go over to other countries its not like half of the citizens there dont speak english

go to japan, iraq,russia and you will find that half of the people there speak some english.

Now the other side of it is if you live here than more than 3 years and cant speak english THEN you should consider kicking people out

i do find it sad that we have to put spanish on some of our billboards, or have half the directions in spanish but people dont realize that this is somewhat of a good thing.

think about it. you can get paid $5-30 grand more just from nowing another common language, so maybe they are helping you?

Oh, please...

If Spanish is to be put on public billboards for "ethnic diversity", then why not add German, French, Japanese, etc. to them as well? I guess that was never thought of  :rolleyes:

Are you honestly trying to tell me that putting Spanish on billboards helps you learn it? That is honestly the biggest joke I've ever heard.

#17 linkinpark

linkinpark

Metal Detector

• Banned Users
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 3 2008, 02:13 PM, said:

View Postlinkinpark, on Sep 3 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

anywho,

another thing,

Oh, please...

If Spanish is to be put on public billboards for "ethnic diversity", then why not add German, French, Japanese, etc. to them as well? I guess that was never thought of  :rolleyes:

Are you honestly trying to tell me that putting Spanish on billboards helps you learn it? That is honestly the biggest joke I've ever heard.

why dont they put other languages on the billboard? whats the point if there is no one in that city that mainly speaks german,french,polish,etc.

advertisements are targeted toawrds the locals and spanish billboards means there are more hispanics there so yes that is ethnic diversity.

also, i dont ever remember saying that billboards help you learn it
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 MoneySamurai

MoneySamurai

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:29 AM

I welcome illegal aliens.
But I see today's problem with illegal aliens.
Sole proprietorship based business owners use those aliens, exploit them with wage that is lower than minimum wage.
Because they are aliens, they are limited in many things, can't open business, can't get credit card which gives lots of advantage, I also heard they can't get a house so they create fake SSN to rent apartment or simply pay to house owners who rent them privately. It is just sad.
America's foundation was based on equal right, by Pilgrims who came accross the Atlantic Ocean. The land should be for everyone, not just for people who stayed here first. We are basically practicing same things what Spanish conquerers did , only pure blood of Spanish are privilleged according to hierarchy. Let's welcome illegal aliens, and increase opportunity for them to be citizen. It is something humans do with heart. Educating them would also bring economic/political benefit.

Edited by MoneySamurai, 19 September 2008 - 01:31 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Ignareint

Ignareint

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

Some people in my country became illegal immigrants because they're TRICKED. There are always bad group of people who promise them safe, legal jobs while in fact they're transported to a foreign country without them knowing anything about it and forced to work there because they can't go back. It's human trafficking of some sort. But I just wanna point out that it's not like it's always the immigrants' fault that they end up there...

#20 sarahricks

sarahricks

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

View PostIgnareint, on Sep 20 2008, 03:03 AM, said:

Some people in my country became illegal immigrants because they're TRICKED. There are always bad group of people who promise them safe, legal jobs while in fact they're transported to a foreign country without them knowing anything about it and forced to work there because they can't go back. It's human trafficking of some sort. But I just wanna point out that it's not like it's always the immigrants' fault that they end up there...

What country are you from?
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imagex2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users