Why does the media never talk about MLK's "other side"?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Please keep the racist comments away. This thread has nothing to do with race, ethnicity, or skin color. The fact that MLK Jr. was black has nothing to do with this thread. This isn't intended to be racist.

Now...every January the U.S. media goes into a frenzy to worship MLK Jr. The media lifts him up and praises him as a god. The media has yet to discuss MLK full life, and continues to omit his "other side".

MLK was known by many to have been a womanizer. MLK's best friend Reverend Ralph Abernathy said so in his book And the Walls Came Tumbling Down: An Autobiography.

MLK was known to have been a plagiarizer. King's famous "I Have a Dream" speech was plagiarized from Archibald Carey, a well-like black preacher at the time. Even King's dissertation, for which he received his Ph.D in theology, was plagiarized. On October 10, 1991 Boston University (where King got the Ph.D from) even admitted that it was obvious that King plagiarized, yet they refused to revoke the Ph.D

MLK had many communist friends. Many of the top guys in the SCLC (King's Cristian organization) were well-known communists. On January 23, 1953 the LA Times reported that Bayard Rustin, King's advisor and secretary, was arrested for lewd vagrancy and homosexual perversion. Despite, the backgrounds of these men, King still worked with them. That's like McCain working with the KKK, or Obama choosing Ludacris as his VP.

There were other inappropriate things King did, which were recorded on tape but locked away by Federal Judge Smith Jr until January 31, 2027. I won't talk about these things in an effort to keep this PG-13.

At the end of the day, MLK was a great Civil Rights leader. I applaud what he did, not only for blacks, but also for the entire USA. But I find it silly how the media blasts people left and right, yet they edit out King's biographies. What are your opinions?

#2 bRYNABOO

bRYNABOO

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

I agree I FEEL THAT HISTORY SHOULD BE told like it is i don't know why they try to hide things if it happened let it be known.

#3 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

He would get my vote. lol

(And actually, I remember hearing they are REALLY good friends.)

#4 ossuck222

ossuck222

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

Umm they talk about the positives only because they heavily outweigh the negatives...they pretty much helped to somewhat unite the country.

And btw im white so I dont support him just cuz his color.
Posted Image

Treasure Hunt Completed 9-16-08
VIP Made 10-11-08

#5 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

MLK had a simple enough goal - that all men; black and white, be seen as equals in respect to rights.  His personal life has nothing to do with any of this.  For someone reason, the media loves to attack people's personal lives, when in reality, it has nothing to do with them.  MLK never attacked women publicly, regardless if he did take advantage of them in his private life.  Really, why aren't you saying the same about the Bushes?  Bush has a known cocaine history and his wife was arrested for killed a man via drunk driving (may have been Cheney).

#6 nasrin

nasrin

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5526 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

MLK was a good man, but he was no saint.
lmao, he was a womanizer?...Ha! So what? ask me the same question about JFK, or Benjamin Franklin  :P

#7 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

And Thomas Jefferson was a slave owner.

Doesn't mean the man wasn't a good guy (of course, he actually had children with a slave whom it's believed he loved deeply, and only have slaves in order to stay successful financially, which is seen as how he worked hard for freedoms of all men and women, regardless of color and religion).

#8 ladyk

ladyk

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:50 AM

I agree with Eric and Nas. Seriously what does any of this have to do with how he shaped the Civil Rights Movement. Everyone has bones in their closet.

#9 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

View Postladyk, on Sep 3 2008, 08:50 AM, said:

I agree with Eric and Nas. Seriously what does any of this have to do with how he shaped the Civil Rights Movement. Everyone has bones in their closet.

True, but don't you think the media should talk about this? MLK is the ONLY American to have a day dedicated to himself, yet the media gives us edited biographies.

#10 ladyk

ladyk

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 3 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

View Postladyk, on Sep 3 2008, 08:50 AM, said:

True, but don't you think the media should talk about this? MLK is the ONLY American to have a day dedicated to himself, yet the media gives us edited biographies.

No. What would be the point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users