#11 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

Actually it states in the bible Leviticus 21 umm 21 I THINK

"No man shall have sexual relations with another man. God hates that. They shall be responsible for their own death"

Neways!

I personally don't have an opinion on this. It's not my business to tell anyone who they should love and who they shouldn't. Nothing is more unsettling for children then being in an upset household.. one full of tension..arguing and hatred. If 2 ppl of the same gender find endless love in one another and wish to share their lives w/each other..and include children. I think it's a beautiful thing. The children will have a wonderful happy home.

It's not the 50's anymore. Same sex relationships are more acceptable today then they ever were. It's not up to me to decide if it's right wrong.. or to judge people on their actions. I will leave that up to my God... and just be the best person I can be.

:)

Darlene
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#12 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:59 PM

Do you really want to start quoting bible passages that says what is and isn't wrong?

Leviticus 20:10 said:

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Not only does the man cheating on his wife die, but the woman he is cheating on her with does too.

Leviticus 20:13 said:

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Nothing about lesbians.  I guess the bible has no problem with that.  You should also kill all gay people, while you are at it.

Leviticus 20:18 said:

18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

If you sleep with a woman during her monthly period, both of you must be exiled.

Leviticus 20:27 said:

27 A man also or woman that hath a a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Kill them evil witches!
Posted Image

#13 drewskix11

drewskix11

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:04 AM

Plain and simply put: Marriage is a religious institution.  There were no marriages before religion.  Homosexual couples should be granted the same rights as heterosexual couples, this is true.  The state has no right to grant marriage licenses to them, nor do they have a right to deliver these licenses to heterosexual couples either.  Under the government, there should be civil unions for all with the same rights for all.  The government should have never stuck their nose into "marriage".  But if they are going to call what they are condoning for hetero couples "marriage", then marriage it should be for all.

Edited by drewskix11, 03 September 2008 - 12:05 AM.

Posted Image

#14 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

View Postdrewskix11, on Sep 3 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

Plain and simply put: Marriage is a religious institution.  There were no marriages before religion.  Homosexual couples should be granted the same rights as heterosexual couples, this is true.  The state has no right to grant marriage licenses to them, nor do they have a right to deliver these licenses to heterosexual couples either.  Under the government, there should be civil unions for all with the same rights for all.  The government should have never stuck their nose into "marriage".  But if they are going to call what they are condoning for hetero couples "marriage", then marriage it should be for all.

No actually, it isn't.  Judaism is the first true monotheist religion and for the sake of argument the start of religion as we know it; however, many people, including Abraham were married before it started.  They were granted state licenses per their country and district.  Religion took over Marriage as a sacrament and the two became intermingled since.

Legally speaking, the answer to gay marriage is yes.  There is nothing legally wrong with two gay people married, and all arguments are religious based which has no place in law.  Plus, if we have to suffer through marriages, so should they.
Posted Image

#15 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:35 AM

View Postericj1186, on Sep 3 2008, 01:59 AM, said:

Do you really want to start quoting bible passages that says what is and isn't wrong?

Leviticus 20:10 said:

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Not only does the man cheating on his wife die, but the woman he is cheating on her with does too.

Leviticus 20:13 said:

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Nothing about lesbians.  I guess the bible has no problem with that.  You should also kill all gay people, while you are at it.

Leviticus 20:18 said:

18 And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

If you sleep with a woman during her monthly period, both of you must be exiled.

Leviticus 20:27 said:

27 A man also or woman that hath a a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them.

Kill them evil witches!

I wasn't quoting for nething other then the quote I quoted. If you read the rest of my post... I clearly stated I'm not against gay relationships..which I'm not! I was not stating what I did to start a bible quote fest... I was simply stating whats in the bible even though I don't believe the same way.

My apologies if u misunderstood :)

Darlene
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#16 ladyk

ladyk

SuperTrooper

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:48 AM

View Postbrittmarie, on Sep 3 2008, 12:47 AM, said:

States grant marriage licenses, which is considered a legally binding contract. Religious marriages are not valid in the eyes of the country until approved by the state. There is absolutely no legal reason that gay marriage should not be allowed. It's all religious reasonings, which go back to separation of church and state.

What about this:
Jews in the old testament had concubines such as Abraham who impregnated two women, claimed God didn't want him to have Ishmael, and abandoned him

Also, Mary became pregnant around 13 or 14 and then was forced into a marriage. - thats considered pedophilia these days

Religions find pedophila and polygamy ok but not two consenting adults who happen to be the same gender?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygany in my religion, and I'm proud of that. Why you may ask? Because in my religion God has set limits and has given rights to the wives. There are rules and regulations regarding polygany in my religion, and there is a reason why the All-Wise legislated it to be permissible yet not obligatory. Also, pedophilia is not permitted in my religion. Then again your definition of pedophilia is different from mine. My definition of it is of course whatever the law considers pedophilia, but in my religion a man can marry someone younger than him, but in my religion you're also supposed to obey the laws of the land that you live in. If in your society the law says an 18 year old can not be with a 17 year old in an intimate way, then it is wrong, and should not be practiced. In my religion a 14 year old who is ready for marriage and desires to do so, can marry when and who she wants because she is of consenting age, unlike in Western society where a person who is puberty is considered a child. I actually don't care if you understand that or not. Sorry.

Since people's opinions were asked regarding gay marriage, I as a religious person who knows I have to answer for myself on the Day of Judgment and so does everyone else, says I don't agree with people of the same sex being together period, but it has nothing to do with me if people choose to do so. I wholeheartedly believe in my Creator and what has been sent down, and will not change His legislations based on mine or other peoples whims and desires. If there is someone here who does not like that, I think you should take your own advice and live and let live. I worship the Creator not the creation.

Edited by ladyk, 03 September 2008 - 06:06 AM.

#17 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:24 AM

A. Homosexuality isn't a choice.  If it was a choice, you really think they'd choose such a stigma that persecutes them constantly?  I know a few gay people who have yet to tell their family and friends out of fear they will be ostracized by their own family, but they can't change because they simply are not attracted to the opposite sex.

B. Polygamy in general is wrong because it equates that one man is equal to X amount of women.  That is not the case at all.

#18 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

View Postladyk, on Sep 3 2008, 06:48 AM, said:

In my religion a man can marry someone younger than him, but in my religion you're also supposed to obey the laws of the land that you live in. If in your society the law says an 18 year old can not be with a 17 year old in an intimate way, then it is wrong, and should not be practiced. In my religion a 14 year old who is ready for marriage and desires to do so, can marry when and who she wants because she is of consenting age, unlike in Western society where a person who is puberty is considered a child. I actually don't care if you understand that or not. Sorry.

I don't know where you live, but in the States, the youngest age of consent is 16.

#19 drewskix11

drewskix11

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

View Postericj1186, on Sep 3 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

View Postdrewskix11, on Sep 3 2008, 01:04 AM, said:

No actually, it isn't.  Judaism is the first true monotheist religion and for the sake of argument the start of religion as we know it; however, many people, including Abraham were married before it started.  They were granted state licenses per their country and district.  Religion took over Marriage as a sacrament and the two became intermingled since.

Legally speaking, the answer to gay marriage is yes.  There is nothing legally wrong with two gay people married, and all arguments are religious based which has no place in law.  Plus, if we have to suffer through marriages, so should they.

Ehhh, it's most certainly not that simple.  What you are referring to isn't what most would accept as true marriage.  I guess technically speaking, it depends on your definition of marriage.  It has evolved over the years to adjust to different beliefs.  For example, a Catholic marriage wouldn't be acceptable under Morman morals, as they disagree upon the topic of polygamy and monogamy.
Posted Image

#20 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

I just think it's really sad that, in a world where there is constant suffering (war, homelessness, hunger, disease), THIS is what the government is wasting their time discussing... punishing people by denying them rights for LOVING one another! We're upset by people LOVING! We'd rather have gays and lesbians either a.) not be married at all or b.) be in false marriages where they don't actually love the person, but they're at least accepted in society. We'd rather have this than allow them to live a life of happiness. They're being punished for loving the wrong person! Meanwhile, people are unable to afford gas, losing their jobs, and experiencing foreclosure on their homes. Where are our priorities?
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users