#401 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

Yokido, on 22 March 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Marriage is a title, titles have prerequisites. One cannot change the meaning of a title, without changing it's value and intent.

To state that its definition can be changed without effecting others, is a lie.

All semantics aside, I'm very curious how exactly "changing the meaning of marriage" has affected its value and intent.   "Gay marriage" has been legal in the United States nationally since June 26th, 2015 and in the state of Massachusetts since 2004.*  Has marriage been changed for heterosexual couples who were married previously?   I'm a man and just married my wife this past December... how has my marriage been altered by the fact that two men or two women can also be married?  

Same-sex marriage is also legal in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, England / Wales, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and Uruguay... most of these countries legalized gay marriage years before the United States.  

And yet, as far as I could tell, not a thing has changed.  Society hasn't collapsed or anything.   It's almost as if the only that has changed is more people are filing as married on their income taxes and getting other legal benefits of getting married...  And there will probably, sadly, be more people getting divorced.  Oddly enough, the people who have been preaching that gay marriage would someone ruin the institution of marriage did not seem nearly as concerned about the ever increasing divorce rate in the USA.

Edited by JerrySizzler, 12 January 2016 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#402 Christine90

Christine90

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

A Korean man married a pillow a few years ago. Does it make it ok because it had a picture of a woman on it? And what if it was a gay pillow and wanted to marry a woman but couldn't speak because it was a pillow. Pillows have rights too!

Um....I think I mean he looks so happy in his wedding pictures, as do gay people, as do straight people. And I hate looking at wedding pictures or going to weddings so I couldn't care less what anyone does. I think dogs and other adorable animals have the right idea. They will love their owner(s) regardless of whether they are gay or straight, or probably even if the people were pillows.

And I imagine there was a time many many years ago when marriage wasn't even a thing (possibly debatable if in certain religions it always existed or something), and so even men and women couldn't be married in super ancient times! Oh the horror. People will love each other regardless of whether they are recognized by law.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users