72 replies to this topic

#1 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

I'm talking about marijuana and the like, not Advil and such. Here's an interesting article I read: Click Here.

I really have no opinion. What are your thoughts?

#2 noell

noell

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:22 PM

i will be glad to comment on this subject! first off, marijuana natural, its grown in the ground, not processed by mixing a bunch of chemicals together. it has been proven to help cancer patients, HIV patients, MS patients, and im sure tons of other types of patients. also, have you ever in your life heard of anyone dying from an overdose from marijuana????? NO, because its impossible to do so. you would have to smoke your body wieghts worth, and thats not happening. But you can drink too much, and die from alcohol poisoning, or overdose from just about any other street drug, not to mention, prescription drug! the most that will happen to you if you smoke some pot, is maybe feel a lil dumb, maybe a memory lapse, or the worst part, get the munchies!! lol

my point is, is basically, you can get too drunk, and die, but thats legal, but you cant smoke a joint to take the edge off, wich is completely natural? how much more natural can you get, considering they have hemp everything pretty much. do you see shirts made from cocoa leaves?! lol didnt think so. i dont think any other drugs should be legalized, but marijuana, yes i do :)
Posted Image

http://www.treasuret...r.com/noellfree
treasure hunt completed 8-18-08

#3 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:39 PM

I don't see why it matters since people are going to do it anyways. If they want to kill whatever brain cells they have left then that's their problem. I'd like to keep mine. I have stress in my life but I don't turn to drugs to help me deal with it. I also don't see why people would let something so stupid have control over them. I know people that are seriously addicted to it and it's horrible. I just don't understand why anyone would do that to themselves. And just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good for you.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#4 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

People have died from marijuana. Not from an overdose, but from the side affects of being high.

#5 Ignareint

Ignareint

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:21 AM

Well, I'm not really knowledgeable in this field, but I think there must be a good reason why it is banned in the first place...

#6 noell

noell

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:48 AM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 10 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

People have died from marijuana. Not from an overdose, but from the side affects of being high.
yes im sure, like driving, but then why is drinking legal?? people die from that???? that also has long term effects, like liver cancer. in my opinion, marijuana is nothing compared to alcohol, wich kills people everyday, in some way or another.

so basically, its ok for someone to be addicted to a painkiller, wich a dr prescribes, and can also kill you, or get drunk, stumble your way to a car, and drive home, not only to run a red light, and kill someone/or yourself? marijuana may delay your reaction time, but at least you can see strait if you were driving a car. and yes i know, a responsible drinker would have designated driver, but how often does that really happen??
Posted Image

http://www.treasuret...r.com/noellfree
treasure hunt completed 8-18-08

#7 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

I think maryj should be legalized. The gov't could make a ton of money if they had it so it's bought in stores.

It's quickly coming to legalization in Canada... as Noell mentioned.. definately less harmful then alcohol.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#8 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

The only problem is that marijuana can be easily grown, so the government cannot regulate it 100%.

#9 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

I think people should just be more responsible so that the government doesn't have to regulate everything.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#10 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

That won't stop them.  The government will regulate everything in the form of taxes no matter what.

With marijuana, as everyone said, no one has ever died from an overdose where as a lot of people have drank themselves to death.  Nothing is added to marijuana to make the effects happen, so it's more natural than cigarettes.  It's ridiculous to have alcohol and tobacco legal, when it's known that they contribute directly to death, but not allow natural things like marijuana and magic mushrooms when they do nothing but change your perception.  This is also speaking from a person who never does any of the above.  I just think it's our bodies, and we can do what we want.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users