72 replies to this topic

#21 jenn

jenn

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:42 PM

i think they should legalize marijuana it is a natural herb and if it is good for cancer patients it should be god for anyone that wants to do it.......and if u know pot heads and they fight and dont do their job or whatever u know the wrong people it is more of a mellow drug
Posted Image

#22 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

Yes, they should be legalized.  Yes, all of them.  The drug war has already cost us billions of dollars and countless lives.  And after all this time people are still doing drugs just as much, (if not more than ever).   In some cases the drug war has even made them more accessible.  We can still teach kids to stay away from the really dangerous / addictive stuff.  But as long as they're illegal, it just adds to the "forbidden fruit" factor that makes young would-be rebels want to try them.  

We could release all the people in prison for non-violent drug offenses, and take a small fraction of the tax dollars that are being wasted trying to enforce drug laws to build rehab centers to treat people addicted to the more dangerous drugs.  Unfortunately, I don't expect to hear a prominent politician take this position any time soon.  It's just considered too radical, despite the fact there's overwhelming public support for marijuana legalization.

Edited by JerrySizzler, 16 October 2008 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Rach1

Rach1

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

View Postnoell, on Sep 11 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 10 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

People have died from marijuana. Not from an overdose, but from the side affects of being high.
yes im sure, like driving, but then why is drinking legal?? people die from that???? that also has long term effects, like liver cancer. in my opinion, marijuana is nothing compared to alcohol, wich kills people everyday, in some way or another.

so basically, its ok for someone to be addicted to a painkiller, wich a dr prescribes, and can also kill you, or get drunk, stumble your way to a car, and drive home, not only to run a red light, and kill someone/or yourself? marijuana may delay your reaction time, but at least you can see strait if you were driving a car. and yes i know, a responsible drinker would have designated driver, but how often does that really happen??

Could not agree more with you!!! I just don't see the difference between MJ and alcohol and no one should be driving while using either!

Edited by Rach1, 16 October 2008 - 08:21 PM.

#24 Andrew09

Andrew09

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

View Postmretzloff, on Sep 10 2008, 04:45 PM, said:

I'm talking about marijuana and the like, not Advil and such. Here's an interesting article I read: Click Here.

I really have no opinion. What are your thoughts?

As we all know, marijuana is far from healthy.  Obviously, inhaling any kind of smoke is a health hazard.  When I was in high school, I had friends who were major pot heads.  I myself never cracked under the peer pressure (in high school anyways), so I got to sit back and watch my stoned friends fail out of high school.  It seemed obvious to me that anyone who smoked marijuana was doomed to live a failure of a life.

The physical effects of marijuana use are "relatively harmless", but what are the benefits? Escaping your problems without having to deal with them. Ever wonder why the pothead and stoner are stereotype includes laziness? It’s probably rooted in wanting to experience an altered mood without having to do anything.

Although it is seen as a less harmful drug, marijuana use poses several health risks. Even a single use can lead to panic attacks, paranoia, psychotic symptoms and other negative acute effects. The drug may also precipitate psychosis in vulnerable individuals and intensify symptoms in diagnosed schizophrenics. As it is mostly smoked and contains high levels of tar, marijuana additionally puts users at an increased risk of lung cancer and other respiratory diseases.
Please check the rules regarding signatures!

#25 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

They should keep it illegal and stay illegal. People are just making wrong decisions by smoking and thinking it is all ok.

#26 lovingfamilyof5

lovingfamilyof5

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2370 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:14 AM

I wonder just what the majority vote would be on this in each individual state/city..

Edit - BTW I am all for legalizing it less crime the less time and money we spend.. US needs all the money we can get.. Maybe if drugs were legal and our tax dollars used wisely maybe just maybe the US will get out of debt? (I am not a pothead, never was and never will be)

Take the harmless drug offenders out of prison (Meaning the ones who didn't commit a violent crime) so that there is room for people who need it the most like rapist, murder's, etc. (it would decrease the amount of prisons we build to house the REAL  criminals)

Edited by lovingfamilyof5, 20 April 2009 - 01:19 AM.

#27 bonelessbeef

bonelessbeef

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

i dont smoke marijuana, but i think it should be %100 legal
Posted Image

#28 dissarming

dissarming

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Make it legal! I'm sick of paying for non violent offenders!
Thanks for the Xbox 360, TT.
Made VIP 4/1/09!
5/15 VIP Rewards!
Completed the Hunt 5/18/09! Thanks TT for the $100.00
Got all 4 relics in May 09 w/ Mabutu's Healers in 1 month! Thx TT for the $50.
6/09 $50.00 Visa Gift Card
6/15 VIP Rewards!

Christine

#29 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2943 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Please don't! I never saw the point in drugs, they're just a cowards way to escape life's hardships, and to kill yourself slightly quicker than nature does it for you. I totally disagree that the legalization of drugs such as marijuana would lead to a decrease in their use, thats like saying if murder was legal nobody would do it :S

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#30 dissarming

dissarming

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostBladesfan, on Apr 21 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

Please don't! I never saw the point in drugs, they're just a cowards way to escape life's hardships, and to kill yourself slightly quicker than nature does it for you. I totally disagree that the legalization of drugs such as marijuana would lead to a decrease in their use, thats like saying if murder was legal nobody would do it :S
Wow, Blade, usually we agree, but not here! I have a very good friend, that's son is in prison for life. He is nothing more than an addict. Never did anyhing but buy drugs. Now because California has a 3 strikes out law, he is doing life for being an addict. He had the misfortune of buying drugs from 2 different undercover drug agents, and a nark! Now no lie, what makes that right? There has to be a better answer. So make drugs legal. The ones that are going to use, will do so reguardless, so why should we pay for them for the rest of their lives?
Thanks for the Xbox 360, TT.
Made VIP 4/1/09!
5/15 VIP Rewards!
Completed the Hunt 5/18/09! Thanks TT for the $100.00
Got all 4 relics in May 09 w/ Mabutu's Healers in 1 month! Thx TT for the $50.
6/15 VIP Rewards!

Christine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users