18 replies to this topic

#11 SilverTooth

SilverTooth

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

It just BS that they are trying to make a controversy out of everything. It just a movie for god's sake. By watching the movie is someone gonna get a wand and wave it to control the whole world? I think not. There is more important things in life to worry about than this nonsense. It funny how some people have nothing better to do than acting so childish at their age. I enjoy the movie very much and can't wait for the new one to come out. Although I haven't seen the 5th one yet.  :( Sorry if I came off a bit strong. Just giving my 2-cent.

Edited by SilverTooth, 30 June 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#12 lunarkitty

lunarkitty

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Anyone who is ACTUALLY a pagan can tell you that Harry Potter has very little to do with the actual belief and practice of witchcraft.

Plus Harry Potter promotes a lot of positive themes. That LOVE is the most powerful thing of all for example. I think it's really sad that some children aren't allowed to experience this really iconic and awesome series. :(

/Edited to come off less harsh so I don't get in trouble..

Edited by lunarkitty, 30 June 2009 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Wishes

Wishes

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

If Harry Potter is so bad, then why do parents let their kids watch spongebob? I personally don't think it promotes any satanic thing, yet I don't believe there is a "Satan".

Edit: Maybe I should have finished reading all of the posts. I can tell you now that harry potter has little to do with actual Pagan/Wicca(n) ideas.

Edited by Wishes, 28 July 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

My quest for Happiness:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish you a wonderful day full of fulfilled wishes!~

My Gems:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Alikhy

Alikhy

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

Haha...Just like Criss Angel being the devil? Or Spongebob being gay?

Seriously....Spongebob is a sponge.....He has no genitalia. I still can't figure out the gay argument on Spongebob...Maybe one day I will...

But back on topic, I don't think Harry Potter represents anything evil. People are trying to make headlines is all. Every other movie that comes out these days is boycotted for being "evil" or against "values". It's entertainment. It's there to entertain and that's it....Personally, I think, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple as that....

Edited by Alikhy, 01 August 2010 - 03:02 AM.

Posted Image

#15 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

View PostAlikhy, on 01 August 2010 - 03:02 AM, said:

Haha...Just like Criss Angel being the devil? Or Spongebob being gay?

Seriously....Spongebob is a sponge.....He has no genitalia. I still can't figure out the gay argument on Spongebob...Maybe one day I will...

But back on topic, I don't think Harry Potter represents anything evil. People are trying to make headlines is all. Every other movie that comes out these days is boycotted for being "evil" or against "values". It's entertainment. It's there to entertain and that's it....Personally, I think, if you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple as that....

Off topic: I actually got the "Spongebob is gay" impression out of the 2 weeks I had to watch it. (was visiting my (now ex) girlfriend's family, and her little sister loves it) The whole "holding hands with another guy thing" kinda did it

On topic: Anything that captures kids attention as well as HP or Twilight did will invariably be seen as evil. I've read the HP books. wasn't really impressed. But eh
Posted Image

#16 mattre98

mattre98

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:37 AM

As time goes along we must consider the compromising of the values we stand for. We do not allow Harry Potter in our house just for what the movies stand for. Kids actually get excited on the C.S. Lewis novels and as they have grown older Frank Perritti(sp) books.

One area the kids have to stay away from is "Twilight" Just reading the story the author has published about how she came up with the books is scary enough to see all is not good.

There is so many Christian influence books both children and adult that not only support Christian values, but as well Christian ministries. This is where we rather our funds go.
Posted Image

#17 IcemanUnlimited

IcemanUnlimited

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I don't really see it as some "Satanic" thing. It is entertainment... That being said, I hate Harry Potter. ;P

#18 mef730

mef730

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

View PostSilverTooth, on 30 June 2009 - 03:35 PM, said:

It just BS that they are trying to make a controversy out of everything. It just a movie for god's sake. By watching the movie is someone gonna get a wand and wave it to control the whole world? I think not.

Oh, I don't know about that.  I've already created four horcruxes.  Makes my face look funny, though.

Mike
Posted Image

#19 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

:rolleyes:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic