19 replies to this topic

#1 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

Do you guys think it should be illegal for animal testing to take place? They abuse them.

There are sooooo many places that animal test. Just to name a few.

Aim (Church & Dwight)
Always (Procter & Gamble)
Arm & Hammer (Church & Dwight)
Armor All (Clorox)
Arrid (Church & Dwight)
Aussie (Procter & Gamble)
Aveeno (Johnson & Johnson)
Axe (Unilever)
Bain de Soleil (Schering-Plough)
Banana Boat (Playtex Products)
Bic Corporation
Biotherm (L'Oreal)
Cacharel (L'Oreal)
Church & Dwight (Arm & Hammer)
Clairol (Procter & Gamble)
Clean & Clear (Johnson & Johnson)
Clorox
Close-up (Church & Dwight)
Colgate-Palmolive Co.
Coppertone (Schering-Plough)

#2 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:17 PM

I think it depends on what you're testing.

Shoving body lotion in the eyes of rabbits to see if it irritates their eyes? No way, totally cruel.

Testing medications to improve the health of humans? I don't love the idea, but I support it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

The problem is if they don't use animals, how will they test products?  On people?  ehhh...

I am totally against animal cruelty too so this leaves me really conflicted.
Posted Image

#4 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:20 PM

They cut them open.
I mean would you like to be cut open and then closed and then open, closed,open, and constantly until you die?
I wouldn't like it. You should check out some pictures of them.

Look at these pictures of what they do to them.(WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES)
http://images.google...&...sa=N&tab=wi

#5 ericj1186

ericj1186

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Keep in mind, a lot of this is propaganda by PETA, an organization who funds urban terrorists and hold seminars to show people how to firebomb clinics.
Posted Image

#6 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:09 AM

I am all for animal testing. I am against animal cruelty, but if an animal has to undergo pain and suffering so humans may be safe, so be it. I'd rather have a rat or a rabbit feel some pain or die than a human die.

#7 jackpotmoney

jackpotmoney

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

How could you guy just say that? Don't you want little animals to have a good life like humans do?

#8 Guest_anthony06914_*

Guest_anthony06914_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

I am against animal cruelty 100%.

I remember a couple months ago me and my family brought our dog to a groom room.And then when we went to pick it up.

The lady had told me that my dog would die because it's teeth were getting old.And when me and my family brought our dog home.

It had abuse marks on it and bruises.

The lady just made up an exuse about our dog's teeth because she didn't want me and my family to notice the abuse marks on it.

#9 mretzloff

mretzloff

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3161 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

View Postjackpotmoney, on Oct 10 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

How could you guy just say that? Don't you want little animals to have a good life like humans do?

Would you rather die from a pill or a lotion or would you rather have a rabbit die? Human lives are worth much more. If animals have to die to save humans, so be it.

We're not saying that animals should be abused for no reason. I am STRONGLY against that. However, I think that if a product needs to be tested for safety, it should be tested on animals.

#10 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

View Postanthony06914, on Oct 10 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

I am against animal cruelty 100%.

I remember a couple months ago me and my family brought our dog to a groom room.And then when we went to pick it up.

The lady had told me that my dog would die because it's teeth were getting old.And when me and my family brought our dog home.

It had abuse marks on it and bruises.

The lady just made up an exuse about our dog's teeth because she didn't want me and my family to notice the abuse marks on it.

Nobody is arguing here that animals should be abused. I'm 100% positive that nobody is in favor of "animal cruelty."

It's a different issue whether animals should be used for testing of products, medications, etc., or for general research. We've learned a lot about the human brain and made strides in performing surgery on human brains after extensive examination of the brains of primates. Some people argue that this is good because we can't just take a live human being and start doing research on his or her brain in as detailed of a fashion as we can with primates. Others feel it is not fair to the animal, no matter what strides science makes for human benefit.

This debates is not pro/anti-animal abuse. Nobody likes abuse. It's a question of whether we should use animals in research or testing to benefit humans.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users