86 replies to this topic

#81 mattre98

mattre98

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Wow talking about a huge debate. There can be all the theories in the world listed, but here is the facts. All can agree for the most part most of us who grew up in the 80s and prior where probably disciplined in one manner by spanking. Here is the statistics that are hitting the business world. There has been a huge drive since the early 90s to present from the psycologist to do away with spanking and in most states children are taught from Kindergarten that if thier parents touch them then report it to the school.

You can bring all the psycological mubo jumbo you would like, but being a boss here is what I see in the work force. There is no social skills, there is no commitment, and there is an "I am better then you attitude" Here is the result from a boss perspective, I will of course always give the next generation a chance, but I find they are soon fired or gotten rid of, they have no discipline and no direction. I rather higer someone from yesterdays generation that is still looking to work because they have values and discipline and they work harder then what I get pretty much from any one born 92 and higher. There have been a few from the 92 and beyond and they are some of my best workers, but guess what, when I ask them, they all have one thing in common they were spanked and one of them was sent to reform school, where of course he was disciplined.

I put it this way, I have a friend who put it perfectly, the only thing the psycologist are doing is ensureing the parents rights are taken from them. He works in law enforcement, he said these are usually the kids who do not do what the police tell them to do. Well guess what, the law is that force necessary to compel compliance. If the parents are not going to do the cops will do it for you later on, and so will the prison with other inmates.

There has been an astronomical increase with the prisons being filled with ages 17-25, well the inmates are doing the job that the psycologist have taken from the parents.

Again you can bring all the psycological mumbo jumbo you want, the facts are in the direction of our youth are going.
Posted Image

#82 kmbessem12

kmbessem12

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't.  When my parents did that to me I felt absed, hated them, and then listened to them less and less.  Respect doesn't require neglecting the real issue and turning to violence!

#83 Andrew33

Andrew33

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

I have grown up in a large family and most of them were disciplined such as spanking. All of them grew up and have graduated from college and are successful. Spanking cannot be abuse unless it is misused in a negative way which is the definition of abuse. Spanking can only be considered child abuse if someone thinks you are mistreating your child which is just a perception on the way you look at it. There's really no need to hate your parents unless you are in danger because your parents feed you, pay for your education , and pay for all your vaccines and medical bills for going to the doctors. They do more for you than you can possibly do for them. A simple spanking that leaves a red mark isn't going to give you mental problems or whatever these psychologists are telling you. If that were true then humans would be considered very fragile in the mind. What's probably making a child grow up with psychological issues from a dad who spanked their kid is probably the dad itself. If you do not have a healthy relationship with your parent then that can considerably bring up psychological issues from things like feeling your parent doesn't love you or your parent puts you down which can bring in several psychological issues like low - self esteem since your parent is the one who teaches you. A simple spanking if used properly in a positive way is suppose to make sure your child doesn't head in a negative direction. If you can't handle that then consider not joining the army.

#84 benhitt316

benhitt316

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostAndrew33, on 15 February 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

I have grown up in a large family and most of them were disciplined such as spanking. All of them grew up and have graduated from college and are successful. Spanking cannot be abuse unless it is misused in a negative way which is the definition of abuse. Spanking can only be considered child abuse if someone thinks you are mistreating your child which is just a perception on the way you look at it. There's really no need to hate your parents unless you are in danger because your parents feed you, pay for your education , and pay for all your vaccines and medical bills for going to the doctors. They do more for you than you can possibly do for them. A simple spanking that leaves a red mark isn't going to give you mental problems or whatever these psychologists are telling you. If that were true then humans would be considered very fragile in the mind. What's probably making a child grow up with psychological issues from a dad who spanked their kid is probably the dad itself. If you do not have a healthy relationship with your parent then that can considerably bring up psychological issues from things like feeling your parent doesn't love you or your parent puts you down which can bring in several psychological issues like low - self esteem since your parent is the one who teaches you. A simple spanking if used properly in a positive way is suppose to make sure your child doesn't head in a negative direction. If you can't handle that then consider not joining the army.

I agree, spare the rod spoil the child. Abuse is hitting in face when they have done nothing, or they spilt a glass of milk..... lying to your parents, drugs, sneaking out, these things are worthy of a spanking. Whether the child be 12 or 25. My dad always reminds me, I'm not too old for a good old spanking if i step outta line. But I have Never looked at him with more respect, I never resent him. But i guarentee after a good butt whoop i was sure to never cross whatever line I did again.
650 offers, 27 daily surve
112 bonus offers approved to date. . [=
04/2009- Made VIP!
04/2009- Finished Hunt!
Need Jack's HAT and 3 Guild Relics.
Treasure Trooper Blog
^^^^^^ Check it out please!! ^^^^^^
Dont wanna stamp your bills? Let me!
^^^ Check out my service of stamping bills! ^^^
Earn 25 FREE pearls OR 50 FREE dragon scales.

Posted Image

#85 Laura

Laura

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...ession-in-kids/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 ababab

ababab

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

yes if they act bad  :ph34r:
Posted Image

#87 lhanie09

lhanie09

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

for me, spanking creates a psychological trauma for children and should never be allowed. there are other ways to discipline kids without spanking them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users