Smoking should be made illegal

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Your views: (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Should smoking be made illegal??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

View Postjackpotmoney, on Jun 8 2009, 02:21 AM, said:

Smoking weed and marijuana is illegal.
cocaine is illegal.

But people still do it anyways.

Smoking is so strong that you see it everywhere you go.

I think i sorta disagree with smoking being illegal.

So you don't think that making it illegal will deter people?? Granted, people will still do it but social smokers for example, they would probably stop, there'd be far less demand for cigarettes surely?

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#12 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

View PostBladesfan, on Jun 8 2009, 03:05 AM, said:

cocaine is illegal.

So you don't think that making it illegal will deter people?? Granted, people will still do it but social smokers for example, they would probably stop, there'd be far less demand for cigarettes surely?

Murder is illegel. Driving drunk is illegal. Robbery is illegal. Rape is illegal...

it still happens.

I'm a smoker. I'm not offended by any of these posts. The only thing I want to mention are the "respectable" smokers. I am one.

I do not light up outside a restaurant. If I'm waiting to be seated (I've waited up to 2 hours), I have walked over to my car, or across the parking lot and smoke away from people. I do not smoke in my car w/my children in it. Yes I smoke in my home. Not upstairs, not in any of the kids rooms, not in the living room, not in my bedroom. .and I have windows opened. Also, not every smoker "doesn't care" about their health, not all of us are PROUD to have an addiction that's very difficult to beat. I for one have tried many many methods to quit smoking, I've yet to succeed, but I've yet to give up trying :) People stereotype smokers to be these ignorant people who will smoke and blow it in your face and not care blah blah. Yes, some are like that. Not all. I started smoking at school. When I was 16. Out of boredom. My best friends smoked and I was constantly outside between classes while they got a few quick puffs in. Then, lots of kids smoked. One day I said "let me try that"...

My children are constantly on me to quit. Children are much more educated about tobacco then you are aware, at least here in the USA they are. There are anti smoking commercials/signs all over. They are educated in class during "Just Say NO!" week.

Few years ago Canada established the "No Smoking Indoors" law nationwide. Did I like it? No. I don't know of one smoker that did. Did I undersand it/respect it? Yup, and didn't complain about it.

Alcohol kills. Alcohol destroys your body. Alcohol will kill you much faster then cigarettes ever could. Alcohol has more of a negative impact on lives then cigarettes ever will.

Cigarettes have been legal for so long, banning them now would cause utter chaos all over.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#13 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 02:30 PM, said:

View PostBladesfan, on Jun 8 2009, 03:05 AM, said:

cocaine is illegal.

Murder is illegel. Driving drunk is illegal. Robbery is illegal. Rape is illegal...

it still happens.

I'm a smoker. I'm not offended by any of these posts. The only thing I want to mention are the "respectable" smokers. I am one.

I do not light up outside a restaurant. If I'm waiting to be seated (I've waited up to 2 hours), I have walked over to my car, or across the parking lot and smoke away from people. I do not smoke in my car w/my children in it. Yes I smoke in my home. Not upstairs, not in any of the kids rooms, not in the living room, not in my bedroom. .and I have windows opened. Also, not every smoker "doesn't care" about their health, not all of us are PROUD to have an addiction that's very difficult to beat. I for one have tried many many methods to quit smoking, I've yet to succeed, but I've yet to give up trying :) People stereotype smokers to be these ignorant people who will smoke and blow it in your face and not care blah blah. Yes, some are like that. Not all. I started smoking at school. When I was 16. Out of boredom. My best friends smoked and I was constantly outside between classes while they got a few quick puffs in. Then, lots of kids smoked. One day I said "let me try that"...

My children are constantly on me to quit. Children are much more educated about tobacco then you are aware, at least here in the USA they are. There are anti smoking commercials/signs all over. They are educated in class during "Just Say NO!" week.

Few years ago Canada established the "No Smoking Indoors" law nationwide. Did I like it? No. I don't know of one smoker that did. Did I undersand it/respect it? Yup, and didn't complain about it.

Alcohol kills. Alcohol destroys your body. Alcohol will kill you much faster then cigarettes ever could. Alcohol has more of a negative impact on lives then cigarettes ever will.

Cigarettes have been legal for so long, banning them now would cause utter chaos all over.

i got one question if your kids wanted to smoke would u let them

#14 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 08:30 PM, said:

it still happens.

Very well put forward point and view Misty, I just wish more smokers were like you :)

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#15 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:43 PM

kids will smoke.

My mom never "allowed" me to smoke. I don't know too many parents that "allow" their children to smoke. Kids will smoke w/friends/at school/at the mall.. even sneak one in the bathroom at home now and then (I did!).

Lotta things I dont "allow" my children to do.... like.. skip school... lie... etc... but .. they still do.
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#16 tsukitenshi

tsukitenshi

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 03:30 PM, said:

If you abuse it... if you are responsible and don't drink too much, then cigarettes would be worse for your health. However, it can't be denied that alcohol as a more negative impact on lives. But cigarettes can weaken you, so if they don't kill you you are still more vulnerable to other things. My father died when he was 50. It was a combination of a cigarette and a respiratory illness; together they triggered a heart attack.
Posted Image

#17 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 03:43 PM, said:

kids will smoke.

My mom never "allowed" me to smoke. I don't know too many parents that "allow" their children to smoke. Kids will smoke w/friends/at school/at the mall.. even sneak one in the bathroom at home now and then (I did!).

Lotta things I dont "allow" my children to do.... like.. skip school... lie... etc... but .. they still do.
can u  asnswer my qustion clearyly would u allow your kids to smoke yes or no

#18 tsukitenshi

tsukitenshi

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Are you asking anyone? I would not. Once they came of age, it would be their decision, but I would make sure they knew the risks.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

i'm asking mistybabe would u alow your kids to smoke yes or no

#20 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

lol of course i wouldn't ALLOW my children to smoke.
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users