Jump to content


Smoking should be made illegal


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Your views: (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Should smoking be made illegal??

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

lol of course i wouldn't ALLOW my children to smoke.
Then why do u smoke your self second hand smoke not matter how much u try it's impossible to avoid

#22 tsukitenshi

tsukitenshi

    Archaeologist

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

View Postgotpika, on Jun 8 2009, 04:59 PM, said:

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

lol of course i wouldn't ALLOW my children to smoke.
Then why do u smoke your self second hand smoke not matter how much u try it's impossible to avoid


It is an addiction. She probably started before she had kids. Even though my father smoked, I wasn't getting much second hand smoke; he did it outside, away from the house. Occasionally I'd be out there and get a wiff, but I'd get much more than that walking in any city, or passing the smoking section in a restaurant.  Further, when my father was young, they didn't know the risks.
Posted Image

#23 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

    Jack's Apprentice

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

View Postgotpika, on Jun 8 2009, 03:59 PM, said:

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 03:57 PM, said:

lol of course i wouldn't ALLOW my children to smoke.
Then why do u smoke your self second hand smoke not matter how much u try it's impossible to avoid
Yes, but a LITTLE second hand smoke is WAY different than actually letting her kids smoke. It would be way different if she smoked in her car while her kids were with her or everywhere in her house. She does what she feels is necessary to limit their intake.

Posted Image♥Posted Image♥Posted Image

Posted Image


#24 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

    TreasureTrooper!

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

I am by far the perfect parent.

I began smoking wayyyyyyyyy before I had kids, way way before. Again, it's an addiction. It's my addiction. Do I like it? No I really don't. Do I enjoy it? Maybe.. sometimes I do. Would I stop? Of course. My battle to quit smoking is never ending. It's not an everyday thing, but I do try and fail miserably everytime... but each time I fail I'm lasting a bit longer .. so.. it's just a matter of time and my mind will be strong enough to over power wut the body thinks it needs :)


Limiting where I smoke in my house not only limits where the smoke goes, but.. leaves the main parts of the house where my children are 90% of the time.. smoke free.. the entire upstairs where they sleep... living room/kitchen. I smoke in our comp. room w/windows opening.

No it's not perfect. Yes, I could probably put myself out and smoke outside, but I'm not going to. This is my home too and I require a certain amount of "comfort" as well, therefore, there are limitations.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#25 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

do u try niko patchs

#26 tsukitenshi

tsukitenshi

    Archaeologist

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

*applauds Misty*

I think it is great that you are working to stop. My father wasn't, although he did start using nicotine patches when he started teaching. But I would have been more happy if he'd had some will to quit for good.
Posted Image

#27 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

    TreasureTrooper!

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

View Postgotpika, on Jun 8 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

do u try niko patchs


Few times, they help! They make it a bit more tolerable, but unfortunately they are VERY costly. In the long run yes i save more money by quitting, but the process to quit using the patch is costly. I never succeeded entirely w/the patch, close.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#28 Guest_gotpika_*

Guest_gotpika_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

niko gum

#29 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

    TreasureTrooper!

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

View Posttsukitenshi, on Jun 8 2009, 05:32 PM, said:

*applauds Misty*

I think it is great that you are working to stop. My father wasn't, although he did start using nicotine patches when he started teaching. But I would have been more happy if he'd had some will to quit for good.

I've been working to stop for awhile on and off. Sometimes life gets in the way and when you're a smoker you find "comfort" in smoking, some of my fails have been stress related, something major/tragic had happened a couple times.

But, I'm persistent. As a matter of face I plan to take another stab at it this summer. .got a different kind of approach in mind and if it works..great! if not.. oh well.. try try again lol
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#30 tsukitenshi

tsukitenshi

    Archaeologist

  • VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

View PostMistybabe, on Jun 8 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

View Posttsukitenshi, on Jun 8 2009, 05:32 PM, said:

*applauds Misty*

I think it is great that you are working to stop. My father wasn't, although he did start using nicotine patches when he started teaching. But I would have been more happy if he'd had some will to quit for good.

I've been working to stop for awhile on and off. Sometimes life gets in the way and when you're a smoker you find "comfort" in smoking, some of my fails have been stress related, something major/tragic had happened a couple times.

But, I'm persistent. As a matter of face I plan to take another stab at it this summer. .got a different kind of approach in mind and if it works..great! if not.. oh well.. try try again lol

The fact that you don't give up even after one attempt fails is very admirable!
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users