Is being gay a choice?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Is being gay a choice? (111 member(s) have cast votes)

Is being gay a learned behaviour, or a natural occurance?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Karly

Karly

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

My son is gay. He sat me down one day to "come out of the closet".  It was with a sitcom that was dealing with that issue. But, ya know what I already knew. What you gonna do?  He is my son and I loved him before I'll love him always. But it hasn't been easy as I come from a kind of red neck Italian family. He came out to the whole family. He is one of the most courageous people I know.

He is married now, we live in Iowa. To a wonderful man I love them both. Now 3 yrs after their marriage, my neice came out and annouced through Jonah she was getting married.  So my family had to re-think their hates. Ha! I love it.

Nobody chooses to be gay or lesbian. Nobody chooses to be hated, physically and verbally abused.
Now we look back at pictures of him as a child and we see it now. I had no idea then just thought he was creative!

I hope gay/lesbian children now will start to have it a little easier.  We'll see.

Karly

#92 secret170193

secret170193

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm gay and I'm quite aware that it's not chosen for me. At the same time I disagree with both options, they're both far too 'black and white' to vote for.

#93 pstover73

pstover73

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

It's totally a natural occurrence.  I personally have known I liked other girls since I was around 4 years old. always had crushes on girls. Yet being from a very small town where it was just NOT OKAY, I tried to ignore it and be "normal". the military was my saving grace (go figure!), because I met so many people from so many different walks of life, I finally learned it was ok to just be ME!

#94 MrMage106

MrMage106

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

I think some are born with it. others evolve into it

#95 Joey2013

Joey2013

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

that's true if they are happy let them be

#96 Yokido

Yokido

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:00 AM

Behavior is always a choice.

#97 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostYokido, on 22 March 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Behavior is always a choice.

That's absolutely true.

One can choose to be close-minded, judgmental, and try to force others to live their lives according to their own personal beliefs of what is normal or acceptable.  Or one can choose to be empathic, understanding, and respectful enough to allow other ADULTs to live their life how they choose (as long as they aren't hurting / wronging someone else, of course).  One need not even fully understand another person's choices, but just respect their freedom to pursue happiness.  We cannot choose who we are attracted to, or who we fall in love with, but we can always choose how we treat our fellow human beings.

Edited by JerrySizzler, 12 January 2016 - 09:16 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users