The Media Killed Michael Jackson

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: e Media Killed Michael Jackson (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 Guest_Angie269983_*

Guest_Angie269983_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

No offense to anyone who loved MJ, but I dont think the media killed him. From what I have heard drugs killed him..I mean come on who can take 40 xanexs in a night...He was asking to go to sleep and not wake up... I really enjoyed his music and things though and hate that this had to happen....

#12 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2943 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

View Postgojogo, on 11 July 2009 - 02:47 AM, said:

I truly believe that if the media hadn’t hounded Michael Jackson, he would still be with us today. I was a huge fan of his during the 80s and part of the 90s (basically until I’d outgrown that level of fandom) and everyday at school and college, people would give me newspaper clippings about MJ – some from UK, some from imported mags. I saw the media change almost overnight. He was saying that he didn’t want to give interviews because he was tired of being mis-quoted and he went from being portrayed as a sensitive and shy enigma to Wacko Jacko wearing masks, sleeping in oxygen chambers, and having extensive plastic surgery. And I’m ashamed to say it came from the British tabloids (the snickering schoolboys that they are).

I feel that if that hadn’t happened and if the public hadn’t been so happy to join in kicking him, then individuals wouldn’t have felt there was enough public support to take him to court with false allegations, and he wouldn’t have spent the rest of his final years defending himself over and over again. Since his death, I’ve been looking at some of the coverage I’ve ‘missed’ over the last decade. What a horrible way to live. I’m surprised he made it this far. Once you call someone mad, you can get away with saying pretty much anything about them and people will think at the very least, “Hmm, well maybe. I mean he is crazy after all.” I’m really pleased to see here that there are some people who are questioning what they told and not just engaging in some bizarre public execution.

Couldn't have put it better myself, though I respect Laura's and others views too :) And sadly, the British media have the power and influence to change the life of anyone, no matter how important they are. Its ridiculous what they can do :S

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#13 steelers4lyf

steelers4lyf

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:12 AM

Ever since the accusations and the 'Wacko Jacko' tabloids, I believe that the media were a big part of MJ's downfall.
I mean, how can you expect someone like Michael Jackson to be 'normal'? He was basically born into Jackson 5 and has had press around him since he was 8.

After all the awful things that went on when he was a child no wonder he he had 'mental issues', like someone else has phrased it.

Also, the stress of doing another 50 shows also probably helped a lot, and that caused him to use drugs more.
Want to earn money? Click here

#14 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2943 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

View Poststeelers4lyf, on 22 July 2009 - 04:12 AM, said:

Ever since the accusations and the 'Wacko Jacko' tabloids, I believe that the media were a big part of MJ's downfall.
I mean, how can you expect someone like Michael Jackson to be 'normal'? He was basically born into Jackson 5 and has had press around him since he was 8.

After all the awful things that went on when he was a child no wonder he he had 'mental issues', like someone else has phrased it.

Also, the stress of doing another 50 shows also probably helped a lot, and that caused him to use drugs more.

Its no wonder I forget you're thirteen hun :P

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#15 axesinattic

axesinattic

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:12 PM

View PostBladesfan, on 04 July 2009 - 01:03 AM, said:

It is my personal opinion that we should completely blame the media for the death of Michael Jackson. The coverage surrounding his trial, and all the allogations made agaist him and hyped by the media, plus the constant pressure with journalists desperate to cast him in the limelight for the wrong things in his private life too, surely contributed to the stress that caused his heart to fail :S

What do you think guys? Agreement or disagreement? :)

Please be respectful, there are an awful lot of Michael Jackson lovers who will read this thread :)

He just died, and that's all.

#16 dexterjrh

dexterjrh

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

I disagree the media had no part in his death. I don`t follow Michael, but i do feel for his kids. Thats what all matters now is his kids. Least they will be able to grow up and know that they had a great Dad. I would of loved to meet him before he passed. R.I.P Michael Jackson
God Loves All

#17 DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

I believe the media can be a pain in the rear for celebrities but that's it (with the exception of Princess Diana) ... MJ killed MJ, in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, I was and still a huge fan of MJ but his death was his own doing.
Posted Image

#18 tmrowns

tmrowns

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

the are too many conspiracy about his death
but I think that none of them are true!

#19 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:54 PM

Interestingly enough, he lived a successful life when he left the witnesses, but then fail into hard times and pretty much had to force concert tours.  Prince however, still does music and has found peace of mind and doesn't run into too many problems and now studies with the JW's ^_^
The same thing occurred in the "New Testament," or Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor George Howard goes on to say: "When the Hebrew form for the divine name was eliminated in favor of Greek substitutes in the Septuagint, it was eliminated also from the New Testament quotations of the Septuagint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 kaitlynash

kaitlynash

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

I don't think the media killed him or contributed to his death-unless you want to blame them for his taking drugs which is kind of dumb. If that were the case he would have died in the 90s.

I think there was something mental, as someone here as suggested. I think he had MPD, or DID (dissociative identity disorder). It would explain his different looks, personalities and also the missing time that he alluded to in the interview with the british guy. I think one of his personalities was a child and so sleepovers in the same bed seemed normal for him.  I think everyone in his life conspired to keep it a secret.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users