Religion...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Religion... (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you dislike it when people try and "convert" you to their religion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wishes

Wishes

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

I know that there are some religions that would either A)dislike you because of your religion or B) try and convert you to their religion. What is your opinion on this. Do you not like it when people do that to you? Have you lost friends because of your religion clashes? Please remember that any offensive material will be deleted. I am curious to know your opinions on the matter.
Posted Image

My quest for Happiness:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish you a wonderful day full of fulfilled wishes!~

My Gems:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Bladesfan

Bladesfan

Jack's Apprentice

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

I have a friend who is devoutly Christian, attends church every Sunday (twice normally), is part of loads of Christian youth groups etc. Whilst I believe his faith actually makes him a better person, I believe in no god, and do get frustrated when hes constantly asking me to attend church with him (where if I'm being honest I'd feel wrong), or asking why I dont believe in god in a protrusive matter. I have never followed a religion and probably never will, I like logic and religion has far too many holes for me to try and sort out to make me believe it. Although it won't ever affect mine and his relationship greatly, I have turned round to him after he asked for about the 4th time that day and told him very rudely where to shove his god :S

Edited by Bladesfan, 01 August 2009 - 03:24 AM.

Posted Image ~ Bored? View my profile! :) ~ Posted ImagePosted Image x2

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Like this site? Click here to join!

#3 Wishes

Wishes

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

I understand that feeling. I've told my friends I will acknowledge their religion and opinion, I will either A) experience religion on my own and decide what I want or B) not choose to belong to any particular religion.
Posted Image

My quest for Happiness:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish you a wonderful day full of fulfilled wishes!~

My Gems:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 friskypiranha

friskypiranha

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:35 PM

Religion. It's funny how one word can do so much. That's really all I have to say about that.

#5 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Whatever a person need to get them through what life throws at you, whether it be God, Allah, whomever. . It's all good. I don't think there is any harm in having a faith and being deeply involved. I do have issues with an individual being "pushy" about it. Everytime I see my dr she invites me to church. This appt I'm so tired of it, if she does I'm just gonna have to explain that she's my dr and that is all. Myself, I do not attend church. I do believe in God and an afterlife. I believe we live several lives, and we choose each one, our parents, the events the trials and tribulations we go through. I believe this enrichens our souls, until we no longer have to return to this place.

Ok I'll shush now. I think I made my point ;) For some, believing there is more...or a higher power is all they need to keep them strong.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#6 Johnnypro

Johnnypro

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

religion... uhh well that's a interesting subject... My parents brought me up to be a catholic, but we kinda strayed away from that a little bit with all the corrupt scandals in the church. I think people can believe what they want... but hate when they try to convert people to their religion... it bothers me. I believe there is a God, but i'm not sure which religion is for me.

#7 roygbp

roygbp

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

From the devout person's perspective, how can they not try to save all these poor people headed for ****ation or whatnot? If they truly believe a non-believer's soul is in danger, they'd be selfish not to try and help. If anything, I don't understand how anyone can be religious and not try to convert others.

#8 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

I say religion is all fine and dandy and all, but don't try to push it on me. If I'm headed for ****ation, then that's my problem, not yours...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#9 blight

blight

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

I am Christian, I have asked my friends to go to church with me but if they say no I leave it at that I wont push anything on them that they dont want. As for me I do believe in God.
Posted Image

#10 Guest_anthony06914_*

Guest_anthony06914_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

I Used to go to church in the past.

But I quit going to church .

Because I don't need to go to church in order for me to be closer
to god. But that is just my opinion.

Because I do believe in god .But I wasn't pushed by anyone to believe in god.

I chose to believe in god .Because I think he does exist.

And in  my opinion about religion is that if someone tries to push
you in anyway to believe what they believe.
You don't have to believe in what they believe.Because you can be original and believe
in what you want.

And that's what's big about life is being original.

Original doesn't exist a whole lot.Meaning that you don't see that many people who are
original these days.But if a person can be original.It can
make a big difference for them in life.And it can also inspire more and more people to
be original.

Edited by anthony06914, 07 August 2009 - 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users