Religion...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Religion... (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you dislike it when people try and "convert" you to their religion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Shaggyman

Shaggyman

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Touchy topic. IMO - I prefer to not believe in something that lacks any tangible proof, rather than looking back at my life, after it is over, and see time wasted believing in something that did not even exist.

Pushing religion on someone is intolerable and unacceptable from my point of view. People should be able to carry out their lives to their enjoyment freely and without pressure. No one would ever be happy if we wasted our lives living them to meet someone else's expectations.

#32 xostephaniehart

xostephaniehart

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I am a very proud and happy Christian because I have a relationship with God....and some people don't!! There choice
Posted Image

#33 mowgli

mowgli

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

:)

Edited by mowgli, 17 November 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Arctica

Arctica

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

View Postmowgli, on 22 January 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

I am against religion because it teaches us to be happy with not understanding the world.
what is this a reference to? Just because some religious people are intolerant of science and progression, does not mean the entirety of religion should be blamed. It might surprise you to know that the "Big Bang Theory" was developed by a Catholic priest.

EDIT: not to be confused with the television show :wacko:

Edited by Arctica, 24 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

#35 mowgli

mowgli

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

:D

Edited by mowgli, 17 November 2013 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

#36 klickjobs

klickjobs

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm an agnostic.
A "soft" agnostic. This means that I don't deny the existance of god but until now noone could proof the existance.
I'm still open for this, sure... but I don't believe in fairy tales. ;)

I respect every human/animal/plant being and every opinion and belief. :)
Posted Image

#37 ababab

ababab

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I believe in the LORD!so im christian!
Posted Image

#38 bomer_kid

bomer_kid

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Usually whenever I am standing in the subway waiting for a bus or a train the religious type tend to single me out since i look young and expressionless. I always walk away or say i have to go/ i don't have time. The jehovah witness people also come to the door but i tend to ignore them. I never really used to care too much about those types but now that i see how damaging these religious ideas and lies can be to society and how stunting it can be for scientific progress, I feel that I should start supporting freethinkers and rational thinking/scientific thinking. I refuse to let religion to create a second dark age where witches are burned and science is forbidden.

#39 kali7713

kali7713

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I have never liked religion, even when I was a kid. When I was eleven I moved to South Carolina where religion is everything. I saw first hand how religion twists people and creates a stream of hate and judgement, so no I do not like it when someone tries to 'convert' me. I am a person of science, always have been and always will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users