161 replies to this topic

#11 namaste

namaste

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

Pretty sure we are all using a free CC Cleaner. You need to check the button where it says Secure Deletion and you need to change it from normal to secure file deletion. Then you get a drop down menu where you pic Gutman.

You need to go in Settings and scroll down. Its almost to the end on there.
Posted Image

#12 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

View Postnamaste, on 20 December 2009 - 01:10 PM, said:

Pretty sure we are all using a free CC Cleaner. You need to check the button where it says Secure Deletion and you need to change it from normal to secure file deletion. Then you get a drop down menu where you pic Gutman.

You need to go in Settings and scroll down. Its almost to the end on there.

OH and did I mention OH you have to scroll down within a drop-down menu??!!! that's a first for me but thank you anyway I finally found the hidden gutsman from megaman 0_0.
The same thing occurred in the "New Testament," or Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor George Howard goes on to say: "When the Hebrew form for the divine name was eliminated in favor of Greek substitutes in the Septuagint, it was eliminated also from the New Testament quotations of the Septuagint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 namaste

namaste

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

Although I didn't understand half of what you just said  :lol: , I am glad you got it figured out.

At least I think you got it figure out  :ph34r:

Edited by namaste, 20 December 2009 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#14 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

Changing to secure file deletion WILL NOT affect the effectiveness of CCleaner when it comes to clearing your cookies/cache/etc... Secure file deletion is a combination of overwriting the "erased" space with garbage bytes, and renaming files with random file names at a set number of times. This is because when you remove a file from your computer it is NOT deleted it's simply re-allocated as "free space" although the data for the file still exists. So if you were to normally delete a file, and then try to recover the file with a file recovery application you will most likely be able to recover the file with no problem. However, using secure file deletion will make this very hard to do due to it overwriting the file with a set number of passes using "garbage" bytes. You will most likely just recover one of the passes of the file, not the original.

What it boils down to is this -

If you want to destroy CONFIDENTIAL files using CCleaner, or any other file you DON'T want to be able to be recovered then use secure file deletion.

If you are simply clearing cookies, cache, etc... it is an un-needed step and will only SLOW down the removal process in CCleaner because it has to loop through each byte in the file a set number of times (based on the option you selected for secure file deletion in CCleaner). Once it is overwritten, it then deletes the file.

#15 Kiloph

Kiloph

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

View Postsk8jay, on 20 December 2009 - 01:53 PM, said:

Changing to secure file deletion WILL NOT affect the effectiveness of CCleaner when it comes to clearing your cookies/cache/etc... Secure file deletion is a combination of overwriting the "erased" space with garbage bytes, and renaming files with random file names at a set number of times. This is because when you remove a file from your computer it is NOT deleted it's simply re-allocated as "free space" although the data for the file still exists. So if you were to normally delete a file, and then try to recover the file with a file recovery application you will most likely be able to recover the file with no problem. However, using secure file deletion will make this very hard to do due to it overwriting the file with a set number of passes using "garbage" bytes. You will most likely just recover one of the passes of the file, not the original.

If you want to destroy CONFIDENTIAL files using CCleaner, or any other file you DON'T want to be able to be recovered then use secure file deletion.

If you are simply clearing cookies, cache, etc... it is an un-needed step and will only SLOW down the removal process in CCleaner because it has to loop through each byte in the file a set number of times (based on the option you selected for secure file deletion in CCleaner). Once it is overwritten, it then deletes the file.

Thanks for the info, it probably says that in the manual of Ccleaner, but of course I wanted to believe anything that will help get these suckas approved. Like a Placebo effect lol.
Became a Licensed Treasure Hunter: 11/2009
Treasure Hunt Completed: 5/5/2010
VIP Club 2/10/2011
Posted Image

#16 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

No problem! The main things I have noticed is simply using new email addresses and checking for confirmation emails. I rotate about 4-5 emails until offers start to appear like they are not approving. When I notice that I take a break and make some new email accounts.

#17 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

View Postsk8jay, on 20 December 2009 - 01:53 PM, said:

Say what you want, but it DID help my approvals. I don't care how or why (or even if it was pure coincidence), all that matters is that it did. :D

Posted Image♥Posted Image♥Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Not trying to argue, just trying to save people some time because it is pointless using DOD, NSA, Gutmann, or any other type of secure file deletion for clearing various aspects of a browser's cache, but to each his own :)

#19 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:45 PM

View Postsk8jay, on 20 December 2009 - 10:39 PM, said:

Not trying to argue, just trying to save people some time because it is pointless using DOD, NSA, Gutmann, or any other type of secure file deletion for clearing various aspects of a browser's cache, but to each his own :)

I know you weren't trying to argue, I was just sharing my experiences with it. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything (sorry if I did, I've been known to phrase things poorly). But it actually doesn't take any longer to run it that way on my computer. I may change the settings on my mother in law's computer though because it takes FOREVER to run on hers. That computer makes me want to pull my hair out! :(

Posted Image♥Posted Image♥Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 ChrisB

ChrisB

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

What I would find most useful is a list of emails that work for specific offers.

IE: "For me, gmail generally works well for WS, CE etc.
while mail.com emails generally work well for QJ, QA, etc."

I know none of this is proven, but would be nice to hear a few different people's experiences with successes with different email providers in doing some of the more popular offers.

By the way, appreciate the information provided in this thread, nice and thorough.

Edited by ChrisB, 21 December 2009 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users