#21 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

View Postsk8jay, on 20 December 2009 - 06:31 PM, said:

No problem! The main things I have noticed is simply using new email addresses and checking for confirmation emails. I rotate about 4-5 emails until offers start to appear like they are not approving. When I notice that I take a break and make some new email accounts.

Say what you like as well LOL I'm a girl who couldn't get anything  to approve. Especially all those Consummer Expressions/Winning Surveys, Big Buck Survey... these are all noramlly like 1.00 offers that I coudln't get to approve no how no way. . until I changed my ccleaner settings.

We'll have those like me that testify yes it makes a difference, we'll have those that dont. Either way, it don't take but a few seconds to adjust your options on ccleaner either way... will there really be damage by changing to gumann and taking a chance on approvals skyrocketing??

Happy Holidays Troopers!

Darlene
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P
07/31/08 - Completed the Treasure Hunt
01/30/09 - Got "Jack's Hat" = Happiness!

http://www.b-n-mommies.blogspot.com

Posted Image

#22 willjaysmom

willjaysmom

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

View PostChrisB, on 21 December 2009 - 09:27 AM, said:

What I would find most useful is a list of emails that work for specific offers.

IE: "For me, gmail generally works well for WS, CE etc.
while mail.com emails generally work well for QJ, QA, etc."

I know none of this is proven, but would be nice to hear a few different people's experiences with successes with different email providers in doing some of the more popular offers.

By the way, appreciate the information provided in this thread, nice and thorough.

I used gmail in the past, but since they made it harder to make e-mail accounts, I gave up on it and I only use gmx.com now. It's super easy to make new e-mails and haven't had any problems since I've been using it. There are some offers that will take old e-mails, in which case, I have every e-mail I've made saved on my computer and I'll just use one of those. But I'm always happy to hear other people's insights. :D

Posted Image♥Posted Image♥Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:35 AM

View PostMistybabe, on 21 December 2009 - 09:37 AM, said:

will there really be damage by changing to gumann and taking a chance on approvals skyrocketing??

The thing with Gutmann or any secure file deletion methods that overwrite the bytes a certain number of times is that if you use CCleaner for normal maintenance and not just to clear your browser cache/cookies because you want offers to approve greater on TT is this -

Find a file that is large, not a couple kb text file (cookie) and delete it. With it in your recycle bin run CCleaner... see what happens :) Systems that are being hogged by other resources could take LOTS of time to perform a file deletion using Gutmann on that large file. This could lead to crashes and all sorts of issues. I use CCleaner for MUCH more than TT, if you just use it for TT then it is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS TO HAVE IT INSTALLED! Why you ask?! It does NOTHING different than using the built in browser functions to clear cookies :) Take a look in CCleaner what's it say it does -

Firefox/Mozilla
------------------------
• Cookies - (could affect TT offer approval if a cookie already exists that it is creating the site may check for this and do actions based on the response received)
• Download History - (wont affect TT approval)
• Internet Cache - (should NOT affect TT offer approval UNLESS session variables are used. Is generally used by browsers to store certain website data in a cache so when the site is visited again it can pull the data from the cache improving the websites load times.)
• Internet History - (should NOT affect TT offer approval... no logical explanation exists stating it would seems how internet based scripts have no access to this information from a browser without the use of adware/spyware.)
• Saved Form Information - (simply used by the browser to cache information entered into forms on websites you have visited so if you go to that site again it can pull info from here for the form as you are typing... aka "intellisense")
• Compact Databases (new feature) - (a maintenance feature added that performs the command "vacuum" on the SQLite databases that firfox/google chrome uses. it simply cleans up the databases by copying it's contents to a temporary database file and reloading the original database file from the copy. this will align table data to be contiguous, will eliminate any free pages, and cleans up the database's file structure.)

As you can see about the ONLY thing CCleaner does that can be used to benefit in terms of offer approval is clearing cookies, and wiping out the browsers cache (which will clear out any session variables set by websites).

I hope this sheds some light on the whole "CCleaner" hype with getting offers to approve better on TT because you use it! In FireFox if you click "Tools" then click "Clear Recent History" you will notice all of the CCleaner options are also available straight from the browser :) You don't HAVE to close Firefox, open CCleaner, perform a clean, re-open Firefox (CCleaner WONT even attempt to clean anything in ANY browser if it is open).

I did not take the time to type all this to get anyone to argue the fact that CCleaner does help them get offers to approve. I just see so much hype about CCleaner on the forums that I thought I would share my knowledge with anyone who cares to read it :) If you honestly think it helps, feel free to use it the way you think works best. If you ask me though... if you get CCleaner strictly for TT then you are wasting your time.

Edited by sk8jay, 21 December 2009 - 10:38 AM.

#24 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:47 AM

I deleted mine manually until I installed ccleaner. I was amazed at what it got that I didn't. You can delete your cookies manually .. but I find ccleaner to more effective and thorough.

I didn't start this thread to lead to a debate about ccleaner (feel free to make a topic in debate if you wish). I posted this thread letting members know what *I* have done and continue to do to be successful on TreasureTrooper.
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#25 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Mistybabe I know you didn't create this thread to be a debate :) I was just simply sharing my knowledge with anyone who may be following the thread. It boils down to what people think works best for them. I was hoping that users may try both ways (with and without CCleaner). Either way, it should lead to more offers getting approved... For example -

Some people may be running CCleaner while their browser is open ultimately leading to it removing absolutely nodda, lol. Maybe people will try both ways now, or take the time to find out if CCleaner is indeed helping them, etc... Whatever scenario, in the long run it should lead EVERYONE who tries different things to getting more offers to approve by simply paying closer attention to WHAT exactly works in their case, and what is simply taking up more of their time that could be used to complete more offers, and having it do absolutely nothing for them.

#26 namaste

namaste

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

I always run CC while browser is open and it removes plenty. To say it removes "nodda" is just incorrect.  :)

Fact, setting CC cleaner the way Mistybabe has outlined in her post has improved my approval rate greatly.

I noticed you mentioned that you don't have much success with TT in another thread. Maybe trying some of the many tips
Mistybabe so gracefully shared with all might help with that. You never know until you try.  :)

Thanks Misty, great thread. Great tips
Posted Image

#27 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

View Postnamaste, on 21 December 2009 - 11:40 AM, said:

I always run CC while browser is open and it removes plenty. To say it removes "nodda" is just incorrect.  :)

Fact, setting CC cleaner the way Mistybabe has outlined in her post has improved my approval rate greatly.

I noticed you mentioned that you don't have much success with TT in another thread. Maybe trying some of the many tips
Mistybabe so gracefully shared with all might help with that. You never know until you try.  :)

Thanks Misty, great thread. Great tips

If I stated I never had great success on TT then I must have been EXTREMELY tired because I think for the little bit of time I spend on the site actually completing offers I feel I have made plenty, and TT is one of FEW GPT sites that I will continue to be a member on because of this :)

Also, you have to understand that CCleaner cleans WAY MORE THAN JUST BROWSER JUNK! My previous statement was a little misleading and I apologize for that. However, most browsers need to be closed before running CCleaner. If you leave the browser open it cleans ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THAT BROWSER! This is not an "opinion" or a "personal claim" it is a GUARANTEED FACT! :)

Here is a screen shot straight from CCleaner telling you the Cache will NOT be touched due to the browser being open in FireFox (same should apply for popular browsers like Google Chrome, possible Safari/Opera/etc..) -

http://tinypic.com/r/2rna7tj/6

Also, run CCleaner with your browser open, then go view the cookies on the computer and you will most likely see ALL of them still there! In FireFox you can go to Tools > Options > Privacy and click the Show Cookies button to verify this.

#28 namaste

namaste

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:59 AM

I am not going to get into an argument with you. You have your opinions, others have theirs. You stated you have not much success with TT in the thread you just opened about creating 3rd party software for TT. You posted that about an hour ago.

Again, you sound like you need help with approvals and there is lots of help here, if you are willing to try.

I am well aware what CC does or does not do, thank you  :)

Edited by namaste, 21 December 2009 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Mistybabe

Mistybabe

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

IF ccleaner hasn't made an effect or difference foryou then skip that portion of my thread. I offer many other tips and advice on being organized and paying attention as you do your offers.

I am one of these ccleaner pro ppl. I'm all for it I think it makes a difference. I always close all browsers when running it, it's not a big deal for me to re log in. Usually if I'm doing offers I only have TT opened anywyas since I'm coming and going a lot running ccleaner.

If anyone else has any great tips or hints to share with members please do! WE are all here together with same common goal = Make Money. Helping each other doesn't take from you or your account.

Happy Holidays!
Darlene
06/24/08 - Made V.I.P

Posted Image

#30 sk8jay

sk8jay

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

"Unfortunately I haven't had much success with TT and allowing custom tools/ideas to be developed for use with their site by 3rd parties in the past..."

I in no way said I have not had success on Treasure Trooper. I said I have not had success with creating tools for use on TT in the past because when I informed a mod of a security issue, told them how it could make everyone vulnerable, and even created a tool and demonstrated the flaw after being requested by the mod he banned me, and said that nobody targets TT individuals so it really is not a problem. A big part of the issue could have been fixed with simple re-wording (not going to get into detail about it) but he shrugged it off like it was not an issue simply because there hasn't been an issue in the past. Which to me is a horrible way of thinking if you ask me. For the life of me I cannot remember his name, and I believe we talked about this in a private window in the old chat room so I doubt their are any logs of this to refer back to. Anyways, enough bickering it isn't worth it. My apologies Mistybabe if you think I hijacked your thread in anyway, lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users