30 replies to this topic

#1 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Ask me anything about the Jehovah's witnesses or JW's for short. I've studied with them all my life and still study with them. I'm planning to be baptized this year and I will like to know what people outside the JW's think about them. So ask me any question or just state your differences about the bible when it comes to the JW's. It can be why don't you believe in the trinity or why do you disfellowship people etc. Just be respectful of course and HIT ME I CAN TAKE IT.
The same thing occurred in the "New Testament," or Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor George Howard goes on to say: "When the Hebrew form for the divine name was eliminated in favor of Greek substitutes in the Septuagint, it was eliminated also from the New Testament quotations of the Septuagint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 BikerGirl

BikerGirl

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'll bite.  :)  What are the main differences between mainstream Christian religions and JW?
Finished $100 Treasure Hunt on 12/19/09
Missing Jack's Hat for Happiness.
Posted Image

#3 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

View PostBikerGirl, on 13 March 2010 - 06:21 PM, said:

I'll bite.  :)  What are the main differences between mainstream Christian religions and JW?

TOO MANY TOO LIST lol, a free bible study will clear up everything you need to know as far as learning why, feel free to look me up on FaceBook and add me as a friend just search kevin massaline(oh dear the whole TT knows my name ^_^).

But here are the main differences:

1. 100% free, never have to pay for anything, that goes for children and adults and for baptism etc
2. Worldwide and completely organized, if you go to a kingdom hall(name of their place of worship) in NY, you'll hear the exact same talk in australia. If you go to a kingdom hall in africa, you'll get the same talk in Japan etc. COMPLETELY ORGANIZED AND UNIFIED.
3. The JW's are neutral and are not apart of politics.
4. Oh course the JW's don't believe in the trinity because the father who created Jesus and heaven and earth is greater then he is.  Proverbs chapter 8 has Jesus as the word or "wisdom" telling you that Jehovah or "the LORD" created him and the heavens and earth.

Keep the questions coming.
The same thing occurred in the "New Testament," or Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor George Howard goes on to say: "When the Hebrew form for the divine name was eliminated in favor of Greek substitutes in the Septuagint, it was eliminated also from the New Testament quotations of the Septuagint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 PatrickJonathan

PatrickJonathan

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Proverbs chapter 8 has Jesus as the word or "wisdom" telling you that Jehovah or "the LORD" created him and the heavens and earth.

what is the JW reaction to the evidence (as researched by john allegro)that jesus was an Amanita muscaria mushroom ?

Edited by PatrickJonathan, 14 March 2010 - 08:39 AM.

#5 BikerGirl

BikerGirl

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

So, you do not believe the Bible (as most people know it) to be true in its entirety?

You do not believe that Jesus was the savior from sin?

You believe that it is works that earn our way to heaven?
Posted Image

#6 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

@PatrickJonathan: I can't answer you I never heard of that before, someone connected jesus to a mushroom??!!!!

@Bikergirl:

Answer 1: The JW's believe that all scripture is inspired of god(timothy 3:16), but yes the JW's believe that the churches misinterpreted scripture by adding traditions of men into the scriptures.

Answer 2: Quite the opposite Bikergirl, the JW's believe the same thing the churches do about Jesus including the sacrifice Jesus gave for our sins. The only difference is the JW's don't believe that Jesus is co-eternal, co-equal and Almighty to the father since Jesus gets created by his father Jehovah thus having a beginning, not co-equal to the father because Jesus gets all his power from God, keeping that in mind due to God exalting Jesus to a position greater then the angels the JW's believe he is a god or divine and michael the archangel who's name means who is like god!!! Also Yeshua( Jesus hebrew name) means Yahweh is salvation and Jesus means god is savior!!!! Ask yourself this why is Jesus called the faithful and true witness?(revelation 3:14)

Keep the questions coming ^_^

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 BikerGirl

BikerGirl

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

I truly don't mean this in an antagonistic way, so don't take it as such...So, how are "your" Bible translators better than "our" Bible translators?  How did so many religions go wrong with misinterpreting and only the JW got it right?  

How does one obtain salvation?
Posted Image

#8 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

View PostBikerGirl, on 14 March 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

I truly don't mean this in an antagonistic way, so don't take it as such...So, how are "your" Bible translators better than "our" Bible translators?  How did so many religions go wrong with misinterpreting and only the JW got it right?  

How does one obtain salvation?

Bikergirl as long as your not calling names "which your not" then it's ok ^_^.

Answer#1:  I don't know if the bible translators for KJ and other bibles is better then the translators of NW or not. However I know for a fact that everywhere the tetragrammation(four hebrew letters) for god's name appeared it was translitered into english much like jesus' name is translitered from yeshua, and everywhere the tetragrammation was quoted from the greek septuagint(hebrew scriptures in greek) it was added to the christian greek scriptures.  The words sheol, hades and gehenna was not translitered into the word hell which a lot of bibles did thus blurring the context of the bible and adopting a belief that the pagans had.

Answer#2: Answer 1 basically answers question 2 but as for saying whether a buddhist, hindu or muslim misinterpret scripture I can't really say whether they are or not.  I do feel that other religions contradict the life of christ though which 1 John points out is the antichrist.

I think I know what you and a lot of people want answers to, you want to know the "accurate history of mankinds search for god" and why the JW's is the right one out of all the others right?!!! The JW's have a book called "mankind's search for god it's a great book i'm going to start reading it next week.  Hit me up on facebook.com(search kevin massaline) if you want the book it's also free, it's 300 pages!!!

Edited by teflonfanatic, 14 March 2010 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 BikerGirl

BikerGirl

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

I'm intrigued by the discussion, but I'm not in agreement with you, but that's fine with me.

I'm completely confused by the idea that Jesus is the angel Michael.  Where in scripture does this make sense?

Oh, thanks for the FB info, but I'm not on FB and don't really want to invest that much study in it.

Edited by BikerGirl, 14 March 2010 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image

#10 teflonfanatic

teflonfanatic

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

View PostBikerGirl, on 14 March 2010 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm intrigued by the discussion, but I'm not in agreement with you, but that's fine with me.

I'm completely confused by the idea that Jesus is the angel Michael.  Where in scripture does this make sense?

Oh, thanks for the FB info, but I'm not on FB and don't really want to invest that much study in it.

There are only 3 spirits that can lead angels. Those spirits are Jehovah, Jesus and Satan.  The one that's leading the angels in revelation is not god but michael.  God put all authority under Jesus so he can rule as king for a short time.

1 corinthians 15:20-28 READS 20  However, now Christ has been raised up from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death]. 21  For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man. 22  For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23  But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence. 24  Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.  25  For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet.  26  As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27  For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28  But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.  

The bible itself also says that Jesus is michael the archangel:

1 thessalonians 4:16 reads 16  because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.

In the KJ bible the word Lord is not all caps indicating that this scripture is talking about Jesus being the archangel michael, there is only one archangel stated in the whole bible and there's only one michael.

More questions please ^_^

Edited by teflonfanatic, 14 March 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users