63 replies to this topic

#61 mattre98

mattre98

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

In regards to evolution, which the process is supposed to improve, why is there a constant degression of life. Life does evolve but in reality where for instance the truth to the immune system breaking down. In the evolution process our immune system should be building to meet the environmental changes. Instead we see a continued need for medication to sustain life. On a side note in some cases I believe this some of the reasons for the breakdown as we pass this from DNA strain to strain. Through time though there should of been more of a build up to our system instead of a degression.
Posted Image

#62 JerrySizzler

JerrySizzler

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

View Postmattre98, on 14 October 2010 - 08:48 AM, said:

In regards to evolution, which the process is supposed to improve, why is there a constant degression of life. Life does evolve but in reality where for instance the truth to the immune system breaking down. In the evolution process our immune system should be building to meet the environmental changes. Instead we see a continued need for medication to sustain life. On a side note in some cases I believe this some of the reasons for the breakdown as we pass this from DNA strain to strain. Through time though there should of been more of a build up to our system instead of a degression.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say... Could you clarify that a bit?  Are you arguing against evolution here?

If you are arguing that the fact that we are still prone to disease is evidence against evolutionary theory... Well, the reason humans (and all other animals) will continue to be subject to disease is that the bacteria and viruses that cause disease are also evolving... And because bacterium are so abundant and reproduce at a much, much faster rate than animals, they will also have an "edge" over us... So for example,human use of antibiotics has actually led to the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria / viruses; the strong microorganisms that manage to survive an antibiotic treatment reproduce and are much harder to kill...   So while our immune system is very adaptable (and certainly better than the immune system of many other animals) it's never going to get to the point where we'll be immune to any disease.   There is also the very likely possibility that the human invention of medical technology will actually affect our evolution-  genetic diseases that at one time would have resulted in the genotype being wiped out may not necessarily be a genetic "death sentence" if treatments allow the sufferers to live longer.  Of course human evolution is a very gradual process and it will likely take millions of years for us to evolve into a new species, assuming the planet is even able to sustain life that long.

Edited by JerrySizzler, 17 October 2010 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#63 runtslover

runtslover

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

I do not personally believe in God or any of the other deities, I believe that we are all connected through an energy.

This energy makes what you believe real, that why people believe so deeply without question. If you believe in Hell, it greats hell for you as you see it. If you believe in God, Thor, Diana, or any other it makes them real for you. The only rule is your beliefs can't control someone elses. Like if you believe I will die on judgment day then that will not come true. That's like thinking your wife is cheating when she's not.

For me, I believe when I die this energy will take my soul to the next life time that it is needed in. So I will reincarnate. But if you believe you will go to heaven or that nothing happens after you die that is what will happen.
Slot Rewards
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#64 cmw1612

cmw1612

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

View PostDTarockoff, on 08 August 2010 - 01:10 PM, said:

First off I'd like to say that I noticed the religion thread and assumed this was kind of different, but if not then a mod can feel free to delete this and I can post in that thread.
Anyways, I don't believe in God at all, and I never really have. I was born into a jewish family, I had a bar mitzvah and used to go to a jewish school every sunday through elementary and some of middle school. With all of that experience, I still find it impossible to convince myself that there is a God. I also find it shocking how many people actually do believe in one. Either way I'm not here to judge but if anyone DOES believe in God or Jesus or whatever it may be, feel free to enligten me with what makes you so sure one exists.

I respect your opinion as well, All I can really say is wait and see in the end if there is one or not. I believe and have been through some crap that "MAN" could not have brought me through...But that's me. I also would like to learn about what you do believe in if you don't mind sharing?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users