34 replies to this topic

#1 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hey Troopers.  We have emailed a small handful of the top Daily Survey "masters" asking them to share their knowledge in this thread.  We are confident that, if you spend some time reading this thread and then apply their insights to your own experiences, you can be successfully completing the Daily Surveys each day just as they are doing.

If you are interested in reading more experiences from folks dating all the way back to 2006, feel free to look at this thread as well.  Just keep in mind... some of the info might be dated.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that this thread was created at a time when DSs 4, 5, and 6 were different survey companies and didn't pay anything other than dragon scales.  (That is why many of the users below say that they don't even try to complete them.)  We have since changed them and our members enjoy a lot better success on them now.
Posted Image

#2 bigscoot6969

bigscoot6969

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

Member since Nov 2006.  1,197 Daily Surveys completed.  $921 earned from surveys.

I have always been fairly good at completing the daily surveys especially DS1 and DS3.  The technique I use right now is that I complete DS1 with mozilla firefox (FF) at any time of the day... sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night... just whenever I get a chance.  For DS3, I use Internet Explorer (IE) and I tend to do this survey at night.  Keep in mind I don't clear cookies for either one.  What I have found is that DS3 credits better at night, if you have the chance.  Lately I have been doing DS3 fairly late at night... roughly 11pm or so eastern time.  Then I follow right up doing DS3 for the following day once it turns midnight.  That way, I can knock out two daily surveys in a shorter time span and not have to worry about completing it the following day. I have found if you try to speed through any of the surveys they wont credit.  So read each and every question and answer honestly.

What I also have noticed is that if you use two different computers, it will increase your approval chances.  I use my netbook during the day and my laptop at night.  This tactic has worked flawlessly for me.  What I would suggest for anyone struggling is to try that out see how it pans out.  I leave the page open after I reach the "Congratulations" page until I see that it has been completed.  I would say its important to adjust your methods.  For example, awhile back DS3 was crediting great with FF and then about a month and a half ago it stopped crediting as easily with that browser, so i promptly switched to IE and have found that to give me much better results.  I would say don't get frustrated if you go a day or two without approvals... it's usually just a sign that you may need to switch the browser you are completing the survey with.

DS2 has been the toughest for me.  For me, I have found it credits best with FF, so if you are having a hard time getting credited with IE, consider making the switch to FF.  I can't speak to using any other browser aside from the two I have mentioned.  I tried awhile back with poor results trying to use other browsers, so never really continued trying with them.

I hope this helps someone out there, if anyone else has any further questions, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help.  Have a blessed day.

#3 MikeSol

MikeSol

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

Member since Mar 2007.  1,249 Daily Surveys completed.  $965 earned from surveys.

I was asked by the TT staff via email to post here when and how I take the Daily Surveys. My account # is 248908. TT staff may edit this tutorial as they see fit.

By following these steps I have been very successful at finishing Daily Surveys and being credited for them. As soon as TT pays me again, I will have made over $1000. I have no active referrals. I usually do not bother with the cash offers. So most of that money is from taking surveys alone. Tutorial for taking surveys follows -->

SOFTWARE I USE

1. I use Firefox. I do not believe it matters but if you want to make sure you get proper credit for finishing a survey, use the latest FireFox browser, not IE.

2. **What really does matter is clearing your cookies.** While you can do it within Firefox itself, it requires too many clicks IMO. I found it easier to use a program called CCleaner. It is free. Download it here. --> http://www.piriform.com/ <-- Using CCleaner is easy. Make sure your browser is closed, then run CCleaner and just hit the Run Cleaner button. That's it. This will clear your cookies in IE and Firefox. You can configure CCleaner to only clear cookies in one browser or the other. I just let the program clear all cookies.

WHEN AND HOW TO TAKE SURVEYS

1. I take the surveys in the morning. I recommend taking them at roughly the same time each day. Whatever time works best for you. Sometimes I run out of surveys because I did not qualify for any of them. I just try again in a few hours. More surveys are added all the time.

2. I take Daily #3 first because this one credits fast. If I do not qualify for one of the surveys, I do *NOT* hit the Take Another Survey button. I close that window and go back into the survey to try again. This has the advantage of letting you see which checkboxes are currently checked each time. I sometimes like to uncheck some boxes, even though those boxes match my profile, because I would rather get a different survey that may interest me more. I'll recheck it if necessary. I don't check off boxes that don't match my profile. Some have claimed that not using the Take Another Survey button also helps in making sure you get credit for a survey you successfully finished.

3. This step is important. When I successfully complete a survey, I immediately close my browser and run CCleaner. Again, just hit the 'Run Cleaner' button.  YOU MUST CLEAR YOUR COOKIES AFTER SUCCESSFULLY FINISHING EACH SURVEY!  I can not stress this enough.

4. Then I take survey #1. When finished, I again clear my cookies and proceed to Daily Survey #2. The only problem with #2 is you can only take this survey once exactly every 24 hours. If you took one yesterday, and today you get a 'this is embarrassing' error message when trying to do #2, it means it hasn't exactly been 24 hours yet since your last #2. So just wait a bit. I end up taking #2 at a completely different time from #1 and #3 due to this. I do not bother with Daily Surveys #4 through #6. But if you do them as well, just follow the same steps you did for the other surveys.

If you follow the above procedure, you should always hopefully get proper credit for completing Daily Surveys. I do. Good luck.

#4 fat_bobbyd

fat_bobbyd

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Member since Aug 2008.  1,111 Daily Surveys completed.  $822 earned from surveys.

I use a Mac OSX 10.6 and Firefox for my browser - there appears to be very few surveys offered that have a problem with this, the notable exception being PSA Surveys, that often do "movie surveys" - they will often tell you that they don't like Macs and if I do make it though to the later stages, the movie trailer that I meant to view does not appear and I cannot complete the surveys.

Surveys #1, #3 and #5 can be completed everyday, with the cut-off time being 10pm PST. That means you can COMPLETE one before 9:59pm PST and take it again at 10pm PST. (Apparently TreasureTrooper's database is on Central Standard Time.)

Surveys #2, #4 and #6 appear to give me credit if I haven't completed another before 24 hours is up. I therefore keep a record somewhere on my computer of what time I completed it, so that I don't end up not getting credit.

I usually start with #2 (and during this time I do not click on #4 nor #6), since it pays the most and can often be the most tricky to qualify for a survey. Surveys #2, #4 and #6 can range from 5 mins to 45 mins in length. Sometimes, it will tell you that you do not qualify for a survey that day. I've found that if you often just try again, sometimes 2 mins later, then you will qualify. Persistence is the key here!

I then go on to #1 and during this time I do not click on #3 nor #5. Sometimes, it may take awhile to get accepted onto a survey. There appears to be a minimum time to complete a survey - i.e. if you speed through a survey in 45 seconds, you will never get to the Congratulations screen and hence will not receive credit for it. Therefore, if it appears as though you will complete the survey within 5 mins (there is often a progress indicator), I will take a break for 5-10 mins just to ensure I am not penalized for being quick!

In most surveys of any type, there will be a question to check if you are actually reading the questions! So, take your time - of course I appreciate that many are repetitive!

I think survey #5 is easier to qualify for and complete and therefore, after I've completed #2, #1 and #3, I move onto #5.

If I do not qualify for a survey on either of two types of survey sites, I try again sometimes only 5 mins later, since new surveys are added very regularly.

For me, clearing cookies has never helped in a survey crediting. However, it may help others and it certainly doesn't hurt.

#5 StephanieBeth

StephanieBeth

SuperTrooper

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Member since Jul 2006.  786 Daily Surveys completed.  $656 earned from surveys.

Hi everyone, my name is Stephanie and I've been with TreasureTrooper since July 2006. Since then I have completed 786 daily surveys. I was slacking for awhile but since the introduction of dragons and the chain bonus I recently began trying to complete at least one a day. So here's what works for me...

Since DS3 works best for me, I try to complete it everyday. Since I have extra time in the morning before work, I always try to complete the survey then. Finding a time of day to get in the habit of taking a survey will really help you out if you are trying to get bonus scales. I also like DS3 because it approves on the hour so you can tell right away if it didn't approve and you need to try again. All of the odd-numbered surveys (DS1, DS3, and DS5) can be done once a day, as opposed to once every 24 hours, which is helpful. For example, you can complete one survey at 10PM on Friday and then again at 9AM on Saturday.

When it asks me which statements apply to me, I first check off the subjects i think that I will definitely qualify for to save time. If the quotas are full for those, I go back and check off the other subjects I may qualify for. Always provide honest responses to the questions that the surveys ask. Look out for questions that may say "How likely are you to purchase...?"  "Very likely, somewhat likely, unlikely, very unlikely." One wrong answer there and the survey will kick you out. Make sure you take a reasonable amount of time to complete each survey. The system can tell if you rushed through, and you won't get credit.

DS1 works well for me also. I complete it whenever I have already completed DS3 for that day and have extra time. When completing DS1 and DS3, make sure you delete cookies in between them. Otherwise the second one won't approve. I learned that the hard way.

DS2 is more difficult for me to qualify for. Don't give up though... $1 is a nice reward. Sometimes I try clicking on it 10 times before a new survey comes up that I can qualify for. This survey can only be completed once every 24 hours, so if on Friday you take the survey at 10PM, you have to wait until 10:01 PM Saturday night to take it again.

I don't really bother with DS4,5 or 6. I would rather work on my chain bonuses to earn extra scales and get paid for the surveys also. I usually use Firefox to complete surveys, but occasionally I will use IE.

I hope this information helps!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 rpgman1

rpgman1

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

Member since Jan 2008.  279 Daily Surveys completed.  $223 earned from surveys.

Hello, TT emailed me about how I was able to do Daily Surveys so well in the past few months. Daily Surveys 1, 2, and 3 are the ones I do since they do pay out in cash and scales. I don't do the others since they only pay in scales. Here are a few tips that will help you be more successful in getting credit from those Daily Surveys. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser if that helps, but there are some surveys that require using Internet Explorer.

• I usually clear out my cookies before attempting one of the Daily Surveys. After finishing one, clear out your cookies, login again, and go on to the next Daily Survey.
  • Daily Surveys #1 and #3 seem to borrow from the same pool of interests that you may or may not have done. The market researchers want honest answers and, as a student of marketing, this is key. These surveys are easier to answer at any time for me, but they do change depending on when they are done. I usually do them in the afternoon or nighttime since I can get interests that I want at those times.
  • DS2 is the hardest one for me to get credit. They keep throwing you the same questions you have to answer and then when you reach the limit, it tells you that you can try again tomorrow. Whether it is daytime or nighttime, I still get the same results. What I do is that I keep clicking on DS2 and answering through the questions until I finally get into a survey. It's true, it does happen if you're persistent.
  • You have to be persistent on Daily Surveys in order to get credit. I'm one that doesn't like to waste my time, but I believe these Daily Surveys are worth the time they take.  They are easier than the Cash Offers, in my opinion, and can add a LOT to your paycheck each month. You can only do each Daily Survey once a day. I know DS2 has a timer feature of when you can take the survey.
  • The Daily Surveys are much easier to get credit than offers if you're persistent. If it doesn't have topics or interests that you want, take them later because the topics will change by then.

Posted Image

#7 vasanth_ece

vasanth_ece

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:05 PM

Member since Mar 2010.  473 Daily Surveys completed.  $349 earned from surveys.

Hi All,

Got an email from Admin regarding my success in Daily Surveys.  Here's what I do...

Normally I will do surveys around 12-1 AM EST, so that if I get the "Congratulations!" page, it'll be credited at 1 AM EST. (I think timer set accordingly).

Whenever you do a survey, there are a few qualifying questions.  You must fit the demographics they want in order to get to the actual survey.  Usually they are looking for people over 21 who do not work in any of the industries that they "list below."  Obviously, you need to give honest information, but if you are under 21, you probably won't qualify for many surveys.  The good thing is that you can usually close the browser, reopen the Daily Survey, and hope for a new one.

For DS1 and DS3, it'll tell you what the survey you are going to take is about.  If you are not selected that task in the survey, you'll be disqualified.

For example, it might say ask you how many times you have visited a restaurant in the past 3 months?  Obviously, they are looking for users that dine out a lot.  So, if you don't, you probably won't qualify for the survey.  Most likely, you'll need to find another survey that relates to you more.

Also, the integrity of the survey is maintained from start to finish.  In other words,you can't take the survey blindly... answering questions without really reading them.  They'll be able to tell that your answers are contradictory.

Regarding DS2, the above things may or may not apply... they're a bit harder to figure out.  DS2 seems to depend more on luck.  It'll take at least 20-30 minutes to complete it, and after spending that valuable times, sometimes you just won't qualify.  Haven't really been able to figure out why.  DS2 just keeps going until you qualify.  I guess that's why it pays $1. :)

Keep in mind that DS1 will be credited the next day and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday DS1s credit on Monday.  DS2 and DS3 credits within 2-3 hours (not sure the exact time).  But you'll know if it's gonna credit or not within 2-3 hours.
Posted Image

#8 plmnko321

plmnko321

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Member since Jun 2007.  2412 Daily Surveys completed.  $2,009 earned from surveys.

Hi everyone,

Have been asked by TT to explain a bit how I do surveys.

Mainly I try to do them after midnight when I can as that often seems to work best for me as far as having more available and ultimately more approve.

I think one key for sure is not to do them too fast. I usually take my time on some of the pages and if it feels like the questions are allowing me to answer them too quickly, I will often just leave the screen open mid way through and maybe do something else in the meantime for 5 or so minutes and then come back and finish it out. That seems to help with some of them approving.

I've had more luck with DS1 and DS3 than DS2 so I try to concentrate on those.

I have used Firefox lately which also seems to have helped from when I used to use IE.
And clearing out temp files also has helped even though that means you have to re-enter your info to start it, it seems more survey come available if you do this.

Lastly I can say to just go through a few of them as even if a few reject you, eventually you get those that you can have success with and sometimes you even can recognize which you've had more luck on and just close out those you know usually fail for you so as not to waste your time. Then go back in and hopefully you'll see one that you've had more luck with.  The more you do them, the better you'll get at them.

Hope this all helps.

#9 harvindkumar_01

harvindkumar_01

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

View Postvasanth_ece, on 12 October 2010 - 11:05 PM, said:

Member since Mar 2010.  473 Daily Surveys completed.  $349 earned from surveys.Hi All,Got an email from Admin regarding my success in Daily Surveys.  Here's what I do...Normally I will do surveys around 12-1 AM EST, so that if I get the "Congratulations!" page, it'll be credited at 1 AM EST. (I think timer set accordingly).Whenever you do a survey, there are a few qualifying questions.  You must fit the demographics they want in order to get to the actual survey.  Usually they are looking for people over 21 who do not work in any of the industries that they "list below."  Obviously, you need to give honest information, but if you are under 21, you probably won't qualify for many surveys.  The good thing is that you can usually close the browser, reopen the Daily Survey, and hope for a new one.For DS1 and DS3, it'll tell you what the survey you are going to take is about.  If you are not selected that task in the survey, you'll be disqualified.For example, it might say ask you how many times you have visited a restaurant in the past 3 months?  Obviously, they are looking for users that dine out a lot.  So, if you don't, you probably won't qualify for the survey.  Most likely, you'll need to find another survey that relates to you more.Also, the integrity of the survey is maintained from start to finish.  In other words,you can't take the survey blindly... answering questions without really reading them.  They'll be able to tell that your answers are contradictory.Regarding DS2, the above things may or may not apply... they're a bit harder to figure out.  DS2 seems to depend more on luck.  It'll take at least 20-30 minutes to complete it, and after spending that valuable times, sometimes you just won't qualify.  Haven't really been able to figure out why.  DS2 just keeps going until you qualify.  I guess that's why it pays $1. :)Keep in mind that DS1 will be credited the next day and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday DS1s credit on Monday.  DS2 and DS3 credits within 2-3 hours (not sure the exact time).  But you'll know if it's gonna credit or not within 2-3 hours.

View Postplmnko321, on 13 October 2010 - 11:42 AM, said:

Member since Jun 2007.  2412 Daily Surveys completed.  $2,009 earned from surveys.Hi everyone,Have been asked by TT to explain a bit how I do surveys.Mainly I try to do them after midnight when I can as that often seems to work best for me as far as having more available and ultimately more approve.I think one key for sure is not to do them too fast. I usually take my time on some of the pages and if it feels like the questions are allowing me to answer them too quickly, I will often just leave the screen open mid way through and maybe do something else in the meantime for 5 or so minutes and then come back and finish it out. That seems to help with some of them approving.I've had more luck with DS1 and DS3 than DS2 so I try to concentrate on those.I have used Firefox lately which also seems to have helped from when I used to use IE.And clearing out temp files also has helped even though that means you have to re-enter your info to start it, it seems more survey come available if you do this.Lastly I can say to just go through a few of them as even if a few reject you, eventually you get those that you can have success with and sometimes you even can recognize which you've had more luck on and just close out those you know usually fail for you so as not to waste your time. Then go back in and hopefully you'll see one that you've had more luck with.  The more you do them, the better you'll get at them.Hope this all helps.

#10 Miexon

Miexon

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

Thanks for the tips all. Daily Survey #1 I have the most luck with thus far. Trying to rack up my survey points though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users