"Online ID"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: "Online ID" (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea? (Explain)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

So the federal govt is trying to make an online id for use in "various types of transactions, such as sending e-mails, online banking and accessing electronic health records." Really? Government permission to send email? Thoughts?

Myself, I will turn into a hermit. Privacy laws anyone?

Story
Posted Image

#2 watchtower360

watchtower360

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Seems like this could lead to a national id card which i'm VERY MUCH against! I thought we made it clear this November us Americans want LESS Government involved in our personal lives? Won't be long before they figure out a way to get microchips in us and track our every movement... Flu shot anyone? LOL! ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_anthony06914_*

Guest_anthony06914_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

I don't think it's a great idea .

It might be a great idea to some people .

But ,i'll tell you why I don't think it's a great idea ?
Because,not everyone around the world wants everybody knowing their business ?

But,if the government wants too do this,and stick their
noses in people's business,
then they  will just exploit themselves and it will cause them  too ruin their reputation.

But,I don't know if they really want too ruin their reputation.

But,if they do,then that is all on them.

Edited by anthony06914, 13 January 2011 - 10:44 AM.

#4 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

You think the govt cares about its reputation?
Posted Image

#5 replymail2009

replymail2009

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

We have enough id. for health and bank info. and now drivers license.Before you use to be able to trust a hand shake.To get my drivers license i have to show a utility bill. birth certificate. marriage license. just to renew,they lost their reputation YEARS ago, w/sky high unemployment. gas prices and a swelling debt. we have a national id its a social security card. you don't have that or a birth certificate then you don't belong here. you want to live here wait just like everyone else !. 50 states cant pay their own debt..Why because their broke!!.i have enough online ids to rember !
Posted Image

#6 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

The ironic part is that when Social Security was set up it was EXPLICITLY STATED that it could NOT be used for Identification purposes. Repeat: NOT FOR ID!
Posted Image

#7 replymail2009

replymail2009

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostTreasureTech, on 13 January 2011 - 03:38 PM, said:

The ironic part is that when Social Security was set up it was EXPLICITLY STATED that it could NOT be used for Identification purposes. Repeat: NOT FOR ID!
Exactly and yet you still have to use it ! I PERSONALLY THINK A DL OR A STATE ID IS GOOD ENOUGH. IF YOUR ILLEGAL AND CANT GET ID, THATS YOUR FAULT. BUT I DO AGREE THE SYSTEM IS A MESS.
Posted Image

#8 Wishes

Wishes

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

I find this idea to be preposterous. I am required to use the internet do to my schooling; however, chances are that could change.

I have a feeling that the government will crash or the people will decide to abolish it in the future.
Posted Image

My quest for Happiness:
Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish you a wonderful day full of fulfilled wishes!~

My Gems:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 praveenb77

praveenb77

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

I think its a good idea boss.
Posted Image

#10 PatrickJonathan

PatrickJonathan

Jack's Apprentice

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

The people the US and even of this entire world have been warned by many very smart people, a long time ago about what is happening to our freedoms. Some of them were called Founding fathers, some were philosophers, some were mystics and shamans and most recently they were called conspiracy theorists and nut jobs.... but no matter what they were called, what they were is the real truth, many of them were correct.
I have no intention of giving up my freedom, liberty or privacy for false unneeded security. AS ben franklin said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" and Obviously you get neither in the end.
on a related note
Stop Think Connect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users