"Online ID"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: "Online ID" (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea? (Explain)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 TreasureTech

TreasureTech

Programmer

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

View Postpraveenb77, on 13 January 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

I think its a good idea boss.
So you think the govt having a central ID card for the internet which you MUST have to use the internet and send email (which of course would "need" to be taxed as a purely "support the system" measure) is a good idea? :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Funn4Ann

Funn4Ann

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

When ever I see a SiFi type movie about the future, and in it there is a way to track, locate, and ID people by way of something like micro chips under the skin, bar code tattoo's and etc... my FIRST thought when watching the movie, is I can see this possibly becoming true in the REAL world. Not that I would want it to... but you know the old saying how "life imitates art" well think about it... There are, and were a lot of movies made years, and years ago that had "future" type things in them, and NOW those things that were only in the movies, have now become a reality. Star Track is the best example of this. That show, and I am talking about the old ones from TV, they had things on the ship that were not invented yet, for example like the "doors that open automatically when someone walks up to them" those were NOT a reality when they made the show, it was just a "futuristic" idea in someones head, and now... NOW those doors are everywhere, and they are reality. But movies like Demolition man... that is the movie that freaks me out the most, the thought that one day our society might really be run like that. Ok another example, I just watched a movie recently, I can't remember the name now, but in that movie they had "drones" in the sky, that helped the police catch and track people. The movie was set for a few years in the future I think, but anyway these "drones" saw and captured everything onto a network run by the government. There have been other movies in the past that have used this same idea of "drones" flying over our cities, gathering, tracking, monitoring, and etc... everyone for the police or government. Now my point in saying this, IS, I just read in the news paper last week, about how NY is wanting to try using DRONES, to help police. So this is now becoming a REAL possibility. If you remember, and I believe I am remembering it right too... drones were used in the movie demolition man, to help keep track of when someone did something wrong. Makes you think... what it might be like to have hundreds of tiny machines flying around in the sky, recording your every action, where you go, what you do, who you talk to, and etc... and then reporting, recording, and storing this all in a data base somewhere to be used later.

Edited by Funn4Ann, 29 January 2011 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

For those of you who like pulling pranks, jokes or etc... you should check this place out, LOL. I love the fake bumper stickers, & the "toilet" monster. I actually ordered the "cockroach in the gum" & used it on my fiance, it was funny when the "bug" jumped out, when he pulled the "piece of gum", LOL, he never jumped back or yelled that fast before! Anyway here is the link to their site if you want to check it out:
Edited: It is against the Forum Rules to post referral links to other places. Thanks.
Posted Image

#13 ill05nino

ill05nino

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

There is no such thing as Privacy. The word Privacy has never been and never will be in the Constitution. Privacy laws were made up by interpretations from the Supreme Court, and with that, have the flexibility to change with the times. It's unfortunate, but true. I absolutely hate the idea of an Online ID, but the government will do what it wants. It owns us whether we tend to believe it or not.
Posted Image

#14 Riyko

Riyko

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

First they want to implant chips into peoples skins (which wouldn't surprise me if they already have), then they implant a chip into passports and now they want to make everyone have an online id. They say the ID will make using the internet more secure, no it won't they want to track what everyone will be doing and since most people use the internet it's an easy way to get people. It's giving them a false sense of security, by saying we'll keep your information safe when really they will be using your information for their gain.

It's just like Privacy, they say we have privacy but only when they want us to have privacy and they also use that to give us false hope that we are safe =/. I honestly don't know what's going on with the world anymore. It's almost like being imprisoned in your own country by what the government wants to do. (haha I probably completely started talking about something else).
RIP Grandpa Kihn Nov 9, 1929 - Feb 14, 2011 you will be missed <3

RIP Dad Feb 16, 1954 - Sept 7, 2012 you will be missed very much <3

Posted Image

#15 IcemanUnlimited

IcemanUnlimited

Metal Detector

• Regular Trooper
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

At least ****-talking over the internet would cease pretty darn quickly. LOL

My answer is "screw this". I'll hand out guns and start a revolution against our government right then and there if they start pulling this crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users