Should parents lose the custody of their obese kids?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Should parents lose the custody of their obese kids? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Should parents lose the custody of their obese kids?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 kmbessem12

kmbessem12

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

maybe tne kids should just be required to attend a camp/boarding school for a while.  it really depends though because there are parents who try very hard and parents who feed their kids terribley!

#12 Shaggyman

Shaggyman

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Forever ago since this was posted, but I am bored, forgive me.
Anyhow I voted that parents SHOULD lose custody of their obese children - but I would like to elaborate.
If there is a legitimate medical reason causing the child to be obese, then no the parents should not lose custody of that child, unless they are only contributing to the problem.
With that being said, parents who use PS3's as babysitters to "watch" their children SHOULD lose custody. Children have a lot of energy. They should be ACTIVE. I don't care how poor a parent is, or how expensive activities are, THE LOCAL PARK IS FREE! A frisbee costs $2 at Walmart. Some of the greatest inventions and products ever are on the market right now. The people that thought up these products grew up having to use their imaginations - and look what it did for them. I am terrified to see what this world will be like in 20 years. Our future leaders are growing up killing people on their Nintendo Cube's and Playstations. The get NO exercise, no mental stimulation, and some get no emotional support. They grow  up living in a fantasy world, and after sometime I could understand how reality and fantasy might intertwine in their minds.

So if the parent has caused or contributed to the obesity of the child - YES - they need to lose custody as punishment to them, and for the sake of the child in question.

Edited by Shaggyman, 05 September 2012 - 08:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users