Does anyone on here do any real treasure hunting?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arob

Arob

Beginner

• New Trooper
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hello I am A Rob in Toronto

I dig up antique bottles for forgotten history

I'm still polishing this Dumpdiggers post,

Antique Glass Bottles Found Under Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Hotel Toronto, The Story of Rees' Wharf

I'm still looking for a photo of Dr William Rees 1800 - 1874 can anyone on here help?

My focus is on treasure - the valuable antique glass bottles that were liberated from the ground by excavators,
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This Wm Robertson tan color ginger beer bottle is now the property of a famous Toronto bed and breakfast that has a unique display of early Tornoto and area stoneware ginger beer bottles
The Pilgrim soda and Commercial Ink Co London Ontario bottles are by far the nicest specimens found.

However it turns out that there was another gem, this Brayn Bros Lager Beer bottle is really rare and
Posted Image is key to the history of Hornby Ontario and there's a good story here - its a puzzle how a Hornby beer bottle ended up down here in the lake and what is now the the base of Toronto, or perhaps this is testament to the quality and distribution of Brayn Bros Brewery in the early 1870s.

Edited by Arob, 06 December 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#2 Riyko

Riyko

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

*is a fellow torontonian* You look really familiar (if that's you in the picture). anyways, welcome and it's cool what you do, i've seen some of those bottles lying around the giant ship they have parked by cherry street, but i'm not sure if they are there anymore (my friends dad knows the person who is in charge of the boat and took me there once).

maybe some people here actually do, but this site is actually a site where you make money doing offers and completing surveys.

Edited by Riyko, 15 August 2011 - 12:02 PM.

RIP Grandpa Kihn Nov 9, 1929 - Feb 14, 2011 you will be missed <3

RIP Dad Feb 16, 1954 - Sept 7, 2012 you will be missed very much <3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users