#1 ChrisMMcD

ChrisMMcD

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

hey fellow shoppers,

just getting into the cash shopping portion on TT. I was wondering if we get the same percentage from people who shop through our "share" link as we do shopping ourselves. if the cash shop offered 11% back for us, would we get 11 percent back from our shared link?

it'd be pretty cool too if we could have our cash shopping in our pending offers and approved offers list in our "my treasure" page.  :)
Posted Image

#2 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9372 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

The cashback percentage will be the same.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 ChrisMMcD

ChrisMMcD

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

ok thanks nikkums!
Posted Image

#4 ScottieJ

ScottieJ

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

The only downside I have found was being able to recommend a product on a page and having your friends link to it via your cashback link. It ends up being a few links instead of just finding it for them... grr.

I suspect I have sent out the link a few times, but my friends may have clicked it, went to, i.e.: amazon, and then just signed out, and went back to amazon later.

#5 Avengers124

Avengers124

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I have tried this and people have used the link that I posted but never got any credit. I would be extremely cautious while using this, personally I would try to just get the referrals, that seems to have a better chance of crediting.

#6 ryan337lee

ryan337lee

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostCaptainamerica124, on 09 January 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I have tried this and people have used the link that I posted but never got any credit. I would be extremely cautious while using this, personally I would try to just get the referrals, that seems to have a better chance of crediting.

Not 100 percent sure if this is what you are referring to but, the shared link will give the TT member who shared the link the cash back.  The person who made the purchase will not receive any cash back, unless they are a member themselves.  In that case they would earn full cash back amount while the sharer will receive the 20% commission as part of the referral system.

View PostScottieJ, on 02 January 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

The only downside I have found was being able to recommend a product on a page and having your friends link to it via your cashback link. It ends up being a few links instead of just finding it for them... grr.I suspect I have sent out the link a few times, but my friends may have clicked it, went to, i.e.: amazon, and then just signed out, and went back to amazon later.

The easiest way to make sure anyone uses the shopping link correctly would be to add whatever items to the cart first on that site, then use the link to go to the site for submitting the purchase.  That ways it'll ensure you go from using the link to submitting the purchase hopefully preventing anything weird from happening.
Posted Image

#7 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9769 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Please note that you should ALWAYS clear your cookies before making a final purchase through the TreasureTrooper link. (Do this before clicking the link.) If you've searched out items and/or put them in your cart without having clicked through the TT link, it's possible that you may have inadvertently gone through another service (even a search engine), and the cookies from that previous connection might be maintained and supercede your connection through TT. I would venture to say that the #1 reason why people miss out on shopping credits is because any such credit was assigned to another affiliate, even if you have no awareness that you connected through an affiliate link (and thus have no access to the associated cashback).

#8 ryan337lee

ryan337lee

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

View Postempressmom, on 09 January 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Please note that you should ALWAYS clear your cookies before making a final purchase through the TreasureTrooper link. (Do this before clicking the link.) If you've searched out items and/or put them in your cart without having clicked through the TT link, it's possible that you may have inadvertently gone through another service (even a search engine), and the cookies from that previous connection might be maintained and supercede your connection through TT. I would venture to say that the #1 reason why people miss out on shopping credits is because any such credit was assigned to another affiliate, even if you have no awareness that you connected through an affiliate link (and thus have no access to the associated cashback).

That's good idea.  It's also why having your cart preloaded works well. So you'll go through TT's link and then immediately check out.  Prevents anything like that from happening.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users