• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ScottieJ

ScottieJ

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

I just bought some local gift certs from restaurant.com with TT's cash back shopping link, and couldn't be happier. There are other random "sales" and "coupon" codes that you can use on restaurant.com when you finally use the gift certificate.

For example, I bought the $25 gift cert for the whole site, so when i buy a cert for 2.50, it deducts from that gift cert, and then I use a coupon code to get it cheaper.... talk about stretching those bills.

try TT Searching for restaurant.com coupon codes, and look for additional discounts.

#2 ChrisMMcD

ChrisMMcD

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

did you receive a platinum coin for your restaurant.com purchase? i think i remember somewhere in cash shopping that you get a plat every time you order from them.
Posted Image

#3 ScottieJ

ScottieJ

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well it hasn't approved yet, But it does make mention of getting a plat coin for every purchase right on the cash shopping page. Ill def have to post an update when it does.

#4 nikkums

nikkums

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9368 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

You do not get a Platinum Coin every time you make a purchase. You get 1 Platinum Coin for every $5 you earn in Cash Back.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 ChrisMMcD

ChrisMMcD

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

k thanks!
Posted Image

#6 ScottieJ

ScottieJ

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Postnikkums, on 02 January 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

You do not get a Platinum Coin every time you make a purchase. You get 1 Platinum Coin for every $5 you earn in Cash Back.

That makes alot more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

#7 krishunt

krishunt

Metal Detector

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostScottieJ, on 02 January 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

I just bought some local gift certs from restaurant.com with TT's cash back shopping link, and couldn't be happier. There are other random "sales" and "coupon" codes that you can use on restaurant.com when you finally use the gift certificate.

For example, I bought the $25 gift cert for the whole site, so when i buy a cert for 2.50, it deducts from that gift cert, and then I use a coupon code to get it cheaper.... talk about stretching those bills.

try TT Searching for restaurant.com coupon codes, and look for additional discounts.

How exactly does resturant.com work. I am interested in maybe trying just wanted to know the details.

#8 ryan337lee

ryan337lee

Grave Robber

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

View Posttroopergirl, on 12 January 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

How exactly does resturant.com work. I am interested in maybe trying just wanted to know the details.

troopergirl, you should just visit the site to find out that information.  However in a nutshell restaurants.com partners with many local restaurants in different areas all over the country, through this partnership the site provides people with vouchers to restaurants at high discounts so that people are enticed to go and spend money.  If you already a place in mind or want to try something new, I highly recommend you just out the site as it's a great way to save money.  Just be sure to read the terms of use for the gift certificate.
Posted Image

#9 schelmischekitty

schelmischekitty

Beginner

• Regular Trooper
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postryan337lee, on 12 January 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

troopergirl, you should just visit the site to find out that information.  However in a nutshell restaurants.com partners with many local restaurants in different areas all over the country, through this partnership the site provides people with vouchers to restaurants at high discounts so that people are enticed to go and spend money.  If you already a place in mind or want to try something new, I highly recommend you just out the site as it's a great way to save money.  Just be sure to read the terms of use for the gift certificate.

I've seen these mentioned a few times, but have questions.  Do you get a card in hand, or is it an online code?  How do you go about using it?  Thanks!
Posted Image

#10 brittmarie

brittmarie

TreasureTrooper!

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6667 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postschelmischekitty, on 18 January 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

View Postryan337lee, on 12 January 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

I've seen these mentioned a few times, but have questions.  Do you get a card in hand, or is it an online code?  How do you go about using it?  Thanks!

With restaurant.com, you purchase the discount on the site and are then given a link to print out the page which you bring to the restaurant to present to your server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users