IRC Clients / Chat Roomhelping to access tt chat
Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:08 PM
Assuming the issue ties with Java and different versions of web browsers, I know there is a way around that. There are several versions of IRC clients that you can download and use that will let you access the chat room. I know they require more detailed information after being downloaded to insure you connect in to the chat room properly, otherwise it will not work. However, I cannot provide this information because I have no experience with any IRC clients.
I would be highly appreciative if anyone that uses an IRC client (preferrably free) of any sort to access that Treasure Trooper Chat Room, could reply to this thread and include a tutorial of the IRC client you use and the specific information you need to have inputted to successfully connect to the chat room.
Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:51 PM
1. Download it here
2. Run it
3. Fill in the user info: I'd recommend putting your chat nick in all the fields
4. Add Network (call it whatever you want, TTChat if you want)
---- The server is irc.TreasureTrooperchat.com
---- under Nickserv password: put your password in
7. Under Server select Join a Channel
That should do it. There are probably a bunch of nice things you can do with XChat, so if you can't use the normal route to getting onto Chat, try it out.
Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:10 PM
1. go to the play store search AndroIRC and download (it's free)
2. after installing open up the program
3. After you've opened the program, click to open the menu (it depends on your phone)
4. On the menu bar click options
5. Once in options click on servers
6. Click on the top server and hit edit
7. Once in the server menu follow these instructions:
a. Name: enter a name you want to show for the chat (I use ttchat)
b. Address: host of the chatroom you want to join
for tt it's irc.treasuretrooperchat.com
c. Port: keep it at the default 6667
d. Password: This is where you enter your TT chat password
e. Nickname: This is where you enter your TT chat username
everything else leave alone
8.Go back to the option screen
*** As seen on number 5
9.Click on Channels
a. click on the server name you created for Treasure trooper
10. Create channel
once you've clicked on the server, go to the menu and click add channel
a. Name the channel: Treasuretrooper
Now you are all done and free to enjoy using TreasureTrooper on your mobile android device.
Edited by Riyko, 01 November 2013 - 12:28 AM.
RIP Dad Feb 16, 1954 - Sept 7, 2012 you will be missed very much <3
Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:41 PM
I would say the best solution would be to start linking to a flash client rather than the java client for TreasureTrooper members.
Here is the one I had in mind: http://www.lightirc.com/
There is only one small complication which is this:
Instructions on how to set this up are here: http://redmine.light...up_instructions
I've never personally set up a server, but I've used the lightirc flash client and it seems to work great.
Best part is that Google Chrome has adobe flash player built-in, and otherwise most people already have adobe flash installed for their current browser already.
Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:55 PM
Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:42 PM
Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 PM
Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:47 PM
1. Do a Google Search for "hexchat" or simply browse to this website: https://hexchat.github.io/ and click on "Get Downloads"
2. For Windows, choose the link: x86 / x64
3. After the hexchat executable .exe has downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file, which is called:
**** Note that your version may be different depending on the current version at the time ****
4. If you get a Windows Security warning dialog box, click "Run" to allow the installation to take place.
5. Click Next to begin the Setup Wizard
6. Click Next to accept the user license agreement
7. You can leave the default installation folder or change if you wish, then click Next
8. You can accept the defaults for the Select Components dialog box, then click Next
9. You can accept the defaults for the Select Additional Tasks dialog box and click Next to continue
10. Click Install to proceed.
11. You can accept the defaults and click Finish
12. The installation has finished and you should see a dialog box to begin setting up hexchat. Enter:
- Nick name (your chat nickname - I used mine in the example)
- Second choice (must be a slight variation on your chat nickname but not identical, see my example)
- Third choice (your chat nickname)
- User Name (your chat nickname)
13. With your New Network selected, click the Edit button.
14. You will be on the Servers configuration tab. Click the Add button as shown in Part A. You will name the entry: irc.treasuretrooperchat.com.
In Part B, select the Login Method shown. Then enter your chat password (it will appear in asterisks).
15. Next we will work on the Autojoin channels tab information.
- A - click the Autojoin channels tab
- B - click the Add button
- C - type in the channel name: #treasuretrooper and then hit [Enter] for it to take
- D - click the Close button
Optional: You can optionally toggle:
Note: If you untoggle the Use global user information option below, you will have to re-enter:
- Nick name
- Second choice
- Real name
- User name
16. You will be brought back to the Network List box. With your New Network TT highlighted, I recommend clicking on the Favor button. Your New Network TT will now appear in bold, thus standing out.
Optional: if you choose to toggle
then your New Network TT will no longer show in bold, but will be the only entry you see in your available Network list, and this may make things more helpful to you.
17. I am now looking at my Network list. I have Favored my network and toggled the Show favorites only option to On. Now all I have to do is click the Connect button.
18. If all goes well, you will be logged into the #treasuretrooper chatroom channel and will receive the familiar welcome message that you are accustomed to seeing.
19. At the bottom of the screen, you will see an area beside your chat name where you can type commands and converse.
Final Words of Wisdom:
If you ever need to bring up the Network List dialog box above to make changes, you can do so via Hexchat ->Network List, as shown below:
To have time stamps on your chat messages, go to Settings -> Preferences, then under the Appearance category, check the Enable time stamps option, as shown below. You can also change font settings as well.
To exit the chatroom, you can type /quit from the command line:
then select Hexchat -> Quit from the menu:
If when you login to the chatroom and haven't properly entered your password in the Hexchat Setup, after 90 seconds you will be forced to a Nickname1234 type of chat nickname. To get around this, at your command line, type:
/nick [nickname] where [nickname] is your correct nickname
/identify [password] where [password] is your chat password
You should then be returned to your proper nickname.
More info here...
If for some reason there is a cached clone of your nickname left behind (can happen if abruptly disconnected), then you may come in cloned, for example, I may come into chat as jenstarums01 instead of jenstarums, because jenstarums is still logged into chat from a previous session. To fix this, I can execute the following commands:
/ns release jenstarums [password] or /msg nickserv release jenstarums [password] (releases my chat nick)
/nick jenstarums (reclaim nick)
Replace jenstarums in the above example with your correct chat nick, and you should be fixed up.
Edited by jenstar29, 30 July 2015 - 11:30 AM.
Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:09 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users