Any questions for a computer science professional(kinda)?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seedless

Seedless

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi everyone :) ,

I am finishing the second year towards my B.S with Computer Science as my major. I make the majority of my income from website/software development...and a little extra from blogging and gpt's. Anyway I decided to offer my knowledge if anyone has any basic questions related to Information Technology...problems with your computer, website development advice, how to acquire things like hosting and domain names...and where to get the best discounts on such. Anyway let me know.
Posted Image

#2 CorrieCubed

CorrieCubed

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Challenge Accepted.

I was down on money and what fails, oh my harddrive, so I impusively bought a cheap open computer thinking I'd do mostly internet but then my friend got me on EVE and after really shopping Steam I decided I'd rather do that then buy all the Sonic games everytime a new console comes out). I'll invest in a game pc when I get on my feet again but for now.

Still hurting on money for awhile before I can invest in a gaming computer, but is there any sort of low profile video card that would at least let me run these games part way with little slowdown? My case is uber small and the two hand me down cards I got are just to big. Just would like to run Diablo III at slightly higher res, Borderlands 2 with at least a steady 30fps, and EVE without the display driver crashing everytime I hit a gate or undock. Certainly not asking for Crysis graphics but I don't see why I can't have higher res Gamecube level with a steady framerate. Looking to spend less than $150. Current PC is Windows 7 (64bit) with Intel i3 @ 3.07GHZ, 8MB ram, and one lonely little PCI slot with hardly any room, power supply @ 220w barely any room either.

Thank you so much!

Edited by CorrieCubed, 24 January 2013 - 11:37 PM.

#3 Seedless

Seedless

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I am sorry, there is nothing I can recommend if you only have a basic PCI slot. I checked out some of the cards on Newegg, but the only ones that might run the games you want to play required at least a 400W ps. If I were you I would just save the 150 as that is a third or better towards the purchase of a computer that would be more capable. If you at least had an AGP you could find something....PCIe for sure

Edited by Seedless, 25 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users