• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jash18

jash18

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I have a question regarding shopping on magazines.com. Do we only get credit for buying magazines? They also have movies, calendars, music and more. Do we get credit for buying those?

#2 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9769 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The description on the Cash Shopping page specifies magazines and magazine subscriptions, so, according to that, the other items would not count. (I haven't personally tested this out, but if it's something you're going to buy regardless of the cashback, you might give it a shot. It seems unlikely that it will work, however.)

Please note that you should always clear your browser's cookies before making any purchase in Cash Shopping. If you've navigated to the merchant site without using our link and then go back through TreasureTrooper to make the purchase, it's quite possible that any cookies remaining from your previous visit can override the connection to your TreasureTrooper ID, so the purchase isn't designated as one that should credit your TT account. This is the most common reason why Cash Shopping does not approve, by the way.

#3 mowgli

mowgli

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Posted Image

Edited by mowgli, 17 November 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

#4 jash18

jash18

Beginner

• VIP Club Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes, there are some stuff that i really want to buy, but the thing is i can get them cheaper on Amazon.com. If i would get cash back, then it would be all right to buy on Magazines.com. Is there anyone who has bought something other than magazines on Magazines.com and got paid?

#5 Bug

Bug

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View Postjash18, on 27 January 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Yes, there are some stuff that i really want to buy, but the thing is i can get them cheaper on Amazon.com. If i would get cash back, then it would be all right to buy on Magazines.com. Is there anyone who has bought something other than magazines on Magazines.com and got paid?

No, I have never bought anything from Magazines.com yet, but I would imagine that you still would get 17.5% cashback on anything you buy there through the TT shopping link for Magazines.com. Let me know if I'm wrong.
ID: 396723

Posted Image

#6 empressmom

empressmom

TreasureTrooper!

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9769 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postelbichoazul, on 27 January 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

View Postjash18, on 27 January 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

No, I have never bought anything from Magazines.com yet, but I would imagine that you still would get 17.5% cashback on anything you buy there through the TT shopping link for Magazines.com. Let me know if I'm wrong.

The merchant description implies otherwise.... (Magazines do credit quite reliably, though.)

#7 Bug

Bug

Archaeologist

• VIP Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks, empressmom! :) I don't think I've bought anything other than what the descriptions say anyway (and I ususally search/shop by what the descriptions say [and percentage back] to choose which store to use).
ID: 396723

Posted Image

#8 Treasurer

Treasurer

COO

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3387 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

It *looks* like you get 17.5% cashback on magazines and 2.5% cashback on everything else on their site.
Posted Image

#9 icehammer51

icehammer51

Grave Robber

• Regular Trooper
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Sounds good to me, I'll probably be getting a hunting magazine or 2 on this site.  Thanks for the information everyone!
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users